VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows Chiang Mai bus in flames

snoop1130

VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows Chiang Mai bus in flames

relate244552.jpg

Dramatic footage showed a bus engulfed by flames on a road near Chiang Mai on Tuesday.

Channel 3 reported the bus burst into flames near the Kilometer 39 marker on the Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai Road near Doi Saket shortly after 2pm.

The 55 year old driver noticed smoke coming from one of the rear wheels and immediately evacuated the 39 passengers on board, all of whom escaped uninjured.

The fire spread rapidly and it took firefighters 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

The fire brought traffic in the area to a standstill.

Officers from Doi Saket Police Station will interview passengers and the driver as part of their investigations into the cause of the fire.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-09

My last trip on the Green Bus, on the same road the brakes failed. We were all lucky to escape, never took it again.

Actually happened to be at the bus station a couple of times this week.

They have a road police team there doing an arbitrary check on every coach that leaves.

Headlights, indicators, breaklights and a few other checks before the coach was signed off to go

I didnt see them breathalyse the driver or check the brakes so they can still use those excuses if necessary.

I was on a Green Bus some years ago when the Drivers Door fell off in the middle of the road when we were doing about 50kph.   Driver stopped, went back to move it off the road with some difficulty and then drove on without any door.  When i got off at Maisai i had a look around the Bus and found two tyres were almost bald !    Never used them since.

18 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Looks more engine bay flame out in the 2nd vid' where flames are licking out at the rear of the vent .. 

At least the driver could pin point the correct end of the bus, that's got to get him driver of the day award

On 4/9/2019 at 7:18 PM, NCC1701A said:

yes after riding the brakes all the way down the huge mountain.

From information I was given in Chiang Mai, this bus had left the City and was bound for Chiang Khong on the Mekong. It was about to ascend into the mountains at Doi Saket.

Archived