Norweigan man found dead in Pattaya condo swimming pool

rooster59

Norweigan man found dead in Pattaya condo swimming pool

2020-07-18_21-21-04.png

Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in a swimming pool at a condominium in Pattaya.

First responders were called around 5pm on Saturday (18 July) to a condominium in Nong Prue where they found the body of a 63 year old Norweigan man.

A security guard at the condominium told police he saw the victim swimming in the pool at around 4.45pm. 

When the guard walked past the pool again a short time later, he saw the lifeless body of the man laying face down in the water.

The guard jumped in and pulled the man out of the pool but he was already dead.

The man’s body has been sent for autopsy to establish an official cause of death.

Police will study CCTV footage from the condo as part of their investigations.

Source: 77Kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-19

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

From the photo, it's View Talay 7, with one of the Jomtien Complex Condo towers behind it. 

Yeah, they name the building in the Khaosod report (in Thai). Right down in Jomtien.

(Which is in "Pattaya", not "Nong Prue" though it's all in "Bang Lamung".)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, innosiem said:

FYI: "suicides" do not count as "foreigner deaths here"
that is likely why

What do they count as ?

There certainly counted on different Webb sites like "Farang Deaths"....which their site as from last year is in suspension---but still can be seen on twitter

https://twitter.com/farang_deaths

NEWS report from XXXXX

Farang Deaths is the grimmest website we can’t stop reading...... last time I was told can not put the link from this site  ..but if you feel that the monkeys are working hard getting--C--------- then your probably find it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

What do they count as ?

There certainly counted on different Webb sites like "Farang Deaths"....which their site as from last year is in suspension---but still can be seen on twitter

https://twitter.com/farang_deaths

NEWS report from XXXXX

Farang Deaths is the grimmest website we can’t stop reading...... last time I was told can not put the link from this site  ..but if you feel that the monkeys are working hard getting--C--------- then your probably find it

maybe it was just so they are not counted as murders abroad or death by accidents abroad
cannot remember which but sure it was discussed on here years ago
maybe "suicide tourism" could be the road to recovery here????‍♂️

what's more frightening is:
"Suicide now ranks second among causes of unnatural death in Thailand, following road accidents, and exceeds both manslaughter and murder."

it is not just ferangs.......

and
"
92% of suicides due to the virus are among the self-employed according to expert research group in academia"

so now there are obviously quite a few suicides "due to the virus"
enough for them to start publishing stats
https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2020/07/08/mysterious-death-australian-man-andrew-george-tomlinsion-in-pattaya-ruled-suicide-case-closed/

Edited by innosiem
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sharecropper said:

From the photo, it's View Talay 7, with one of the Jomtien Complex Condo towers behind it. 

Yes, View Talay 7 says the Thai article.

Kerryd was faster.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes, View Talay 7 says the Thai article.

Kerryd was faster.

Lol - he beat me to it ! I quoted his post in my post !

(But I did waste a few minutes trying to figure out what the district boundaries of "Nong Prue", "Bang Lamung" and "Pattaya" were.)

63 yrs is not really so old .... I think 73 yrs is more like old.  He must have had a suspect ticker maybe. where were his things like mobile and wallet ?

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

(But I did waste a few minutes trying to figure out what the district boundaries of "Nong Prue", "Bang Lamung" and "Pattaya" were.)

"Pattaya" special administrative borders/organization.

Will always be a headache.

But no one needs to write Pattaya on his address :whistling:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's 'cause we all live in "Nong Prue" (Moo 5) of Bang Lamung, Chon Buri !  :w00t:
(I still haven't figured out how they do that but the Postal guys don't have a problem finding me.)

(And a lot of people like to pretend they don't actually live in "Pattaya".) ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

Shark attack? Heart attack? Gonna go with the second one.

Hope it was quick, and fairly painless.

RIP. ????

..why speculate and make sweeping statements?...it could be one of a number of different causes..ie. brain aneurysm, AAA, heat stroke, alcohol or drug overdose, or both, vomiting, body cramp (stomach, muscle) etc.  RIP.

• Like 1

Can't say it is the worst way to go, but 63 is a bit young when enjoying life in a place you love. I wonder if they empty the pool water out after something like this happens as there must be some released bodily fluid that seeped out into the water.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Usually when someone puts 'Chonburi' I guess they don't want to use the 'P' word!????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, salsajapan said:

view talay 7, why is it a secret ?!

For some reason information like that is rarely disclosed. 

Possibly due to

DEFAMATION

Section 326 

Thai Criminal Code

publications generally seem to skirt around it. 

14 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Can't say it is the worst way to go, but 63 is a bit young when enjoying life in a place you love. I wonder if they empty the pool water out after something like this happens as there must be some released bodily fluid that seeped out into the water.

I doubt that is such a rare event and requires the pool to be drained!

Edited by jacko45k

15 hours ago, tandor said:

..why speculate and make sweeping statements?...it could be one of a number of different causes..ie. brain aneurysm, AAA, heat stroke, alcohol or drug overdose, or both, vomiting, body cramp (stomach, muscle) etc.  RIP.

Just dumped clorin for the routine of maintenance.