trubrit's Achievements

Newbie (1/14)

• 5 Reactions Given
  • Conversation Starter
  • First Post
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. I'm nearly 90 years old and it looks like my Thai wife is going to pass away before me, having just received warning of having advanaced stage cancer.I can;t get a firm answer from my local immi office can anyone give me factual advice . Does her death have any effect on my current visa or can it go on to present expiry date?What then do I do for its renewal.I have money in bank enough for marriage but no way could i make it for retirement visa , obviously another marriage is out of the question at my age and perhaps i should also mention I am disabled confined to a wheelchair for going out.. also needing help around the house, my pension wouldn't cover hiring a helper .The house is in my wifes name and I understand I have a year to sell it, what happens if my visa expires during this period .? going back to Uk is out ot the question Have nothing or no one there, even if I could make the journey. I am hoping for my own demise first but apart from the arthrittis I am robust health.Anyone have first hand knowledge or can put me in touch with where to get it . Thanks a lot. Val
  2. Happily not my problem at the moment but just thinking what if it was.I am on a marriage extension, have been for the last 15 years without any major problems .The house is in wifes name .Recently a close friend of the wife about same age, died from stomache cancer, she was married to a Thai so no problems there, but it made me think what if my wife were to die. I am nearly 90, crippled with arthrittis, so not able to change my life very much .I understand I will be given a year to sell, transfer the house to a Thai, but it's the visa situation that worries me, I read on here that a man recently divorced had his marriage visa cancelled as from the date of divorce , as it was no longer valid. how about if my wife died, technically mine would be invalid too.is their any consideration to enable me to dispose of the house?How could I sell it from outside the country ?Also am I expecting too mich for consideration of my personal physical circumstances .I have read as much as I can on line about this problem but can't find any discussion on what happens. Anyone have knowledge of it .My wife dismisses my concerns so won't bring the subject up to ask immigration personell.