Tropicalevo

Advanced Member
  • Last visited

Previous Fields

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Tropicalevo's Achievements

Diamond Member

Diamond Member (11/14)

• First Post
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • 10 Posts
  • One Year In
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. It's worse than that - apps on phones harvest your information. They then sell it on to pretty much anyone with enough money. You do not even have to write it down.
  2. Over a year ago I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea. Doc recommended a CPAP machine. At the time, I had major issues with a very large prostate which meant that I was having to go to the bathroom every hour. I decided to postpone the CPAP machine until the bathroom issue was resolved. I finally bit the bullet and had the prostate removed. (Drugs and other treatments were no good - the prostate was too large.) So now, I am looking for a portable CPAP machine - with the water 'tank'. I have found this one on Lazada https://www.lazada.co.th/products/contec-r100-positive-airway-pressure-devices-cpap-machine-with-humidity-regulation Does anyone out there have experience with this machine, or recommends something similar? (Easily portable etc.)
  3. Not for everyone but..... If you are over 55 and wear glasses, you might consider tri focal lenses. https://www.brightviewcenter.com/ Had both lenses replaced a year ago. I no longer need two pairs of glasses (different focal lengths). A brief answer to your questions - 1 It went very well. Left eye day 1, right eye day 2. No pain easy peasy. Very happy with the result. Thrown away the glasses and I can see the best that I can remember in my life. I told the doc that the clinic should be called 'friggin' bright view 2 Expensive (but I felt worth it). 110,000 baht per eye. There are other places that do it for less money but I did not find them until after the operation. 3 Bangkok Hospital Phuket - Dr Captain. As I self insure, and a long time Samui resident with a pink id card and a Bangkok Airways resident card, I asked for a discount. Doc laughed in my face. A friend , who is a long time Phuket resident, had the same operation for half the price. Final analysis - best money that I have spent to improve the quality of my life but look around for other hospitals that do it for less.
  4. This is the same Boeing that initially blamed the Indonesian 737 MAX crash in on pilot error.
  5. I was under the impression that most of the stories in The Thaiger were copies from other sources - often translated copies.
  6. 'Foreigners behaving badly' should be outed and fined/deported whatever, depending on their wrongdoing. As a side note - there is no evidence that it was a foreigner. Remember that there was a case of a 'foreigner behaving badly' in Phuket last month. He was filmed driving on the beach and the lifeguards actually asked him to stop. Turns out that he was a Thai tourist. Because he was in a rental car, it was assumed that he was a foreigner.
  7. Take China and Russia for example. They do investigate, prosecute and even kill lots of people based on surveillance. None of us knows if the findings that they used were true or correct. Sentenced without a trial. Countries in SE Asia are more likely to follow the Chinese model rather than the western one.
  8. Maybe try island/beachside living? I live on Koh Samui. No a/c in my lounge/office. Doors/windows open all day every day. I only close the windows when it rains. That has not happened for the last four months. Ceiling fans on low 24/7 and a 'floor' fan for the really hot, no-wind days. I have only run the bedroom a/c three times this year - for an hour each time.
  9. Bring back Connie Francis and Gene Pitney? (Or even Alma Cogan?)
  10. I have never really used a 7/11. I prefer to give my money to local businesses. CP are rich enough already. Two villages within a 10 minute ride. Two 7/11's within a 7 minute ride. I go local. Or if I need a convenience store - Tops Daily is much better than the 7/11's and closer. I use them for ice and Snowy IPA.
  11. New pavement today and then major repairs in 6-12 months time. Oldest trick in the book for ongoing projects. A double whammy.
  12. Not only Thai youths. Most folk world wide ignore the health risks. There are more and more cases of permanent lung damage being documented. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/what-does-vaping-do-to-your-lungs