UK PM Johnson says: don't expect Brexit breakthrough in New York

snoop1130

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Johnson said that while a “great deal” of progress had been made since he took office in July

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

An EU official last week said talks were going nowhere.

“We don’t even know how to read what they are doing

as always BJ lying and misleading comments, contradiction after contradiction

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Why does the EU need to solve the brexiteers problems?

You guys voted for it so you guys own it.

Johnson has no plan. All this talk of keeping proposals secret is just stringing you brexiteers along.

You are being played.

Your view is overly simplistic, and dare I say a bit childish. It is not just Brexiteers who will have a problem if this is not resolved. The EU will suffer as well, (as my link showed) so it is in their interests to help find a resolution. 

You could argue Brexit caused the issue (I however would argue that Brexit is a symptom of problems created by the EU) but that doesn't mean it's "brexiteers problems". A more mature approach would be to work together to find a solution, not just throw a tantrum and say "your problem, you fix it". The EU's tactic of demanding proposal after proposal from the UK which is then deliberately leaked to the press and publicly dismissed is neither clever nor helpful.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The EU's tactic of demanding proposal after proposal from the UK which is then deliberately leaked to the press and publicly dismissed is neither clever nor helpful.

Why would it need to be leaked? Why not give it to the press? Shurely parliament has the right to have sight of it too.....oh, I forgot, they're prorogued for 5 weeks.

19 hours ago, Loiner said:

The EU have always said there is nothing more to negotiate. Their position appears to be that they are waiting for Boris to capitulate as Theresa did for them.
A change of surroundings is hardly likely to induce a Surrender.

When somebody leaves his/her club, it's NEVER the LEAVER, who dictates the terms of leaving.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Your view is overly simplistic, and dare I say a bit childish. It is not just Brexiteers who will have a problem if this is not resolved. The EU will suffer as well, (as my link showed) so it is in their interests to help find a resolution. 

You could argue Brexit caused the issue (I however would argue that Brexit is a symptom of problems created by the EU) but that doesn't mean it's "brexiteers problems". A more mature approach would be to work together to find a solution, not just throw a tantrum and say "your problem, you fix it". The EU's tactic of demanding proposal after proposal from the UK which is then deliberately leaked to the press and publicly dismissed is neither clever nor helpful.

So, you British, coem with a mature solution. From the moment Cameron came with the idea for a referendum ( 23 of Jan 2013) , you had time to come with YOUR wishes how to organise a Brexit. The only the EU knows till now is... no, no, no, no, no.

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7960

british voting.jpg

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Why would it need to be leaked? Why not give it to the press? Shurely parliament has the right to have sight of it too.....oh, I forgot, they're prorogued for 5 weeks.

proposal after proposal ? ?  When ? YEARS of negociations, with result.. nothing. Or did you think, May was the only one, who did these talks ? Several options discussed in the HoC, with result: again nothing.

And for the present situation: Lord Protector Boris the Liar sent the Parliament home... and when illigal the has already the next ready. British democracy.

12 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

When somebody leaves his/her club, it's NEVER the LEAVER, who dictates the terms of leaving.

The EU is not a club, it is anything but. A proper club members normally pay equal subscriptions and all members pay, that is not the case with the EU. Some members pay over inflated subscriptions while others pay nothing and in some cases indeed get money just for being a member.

So can we put this idea to bed that the EU is a club, it is not, and never has been.

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Parliament can vote on the deal after the government has agreed it. They don't need a running commentary, and neither do the press.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

It is the same with the EU summit, the EU want the proposals beforehand so they can be considered by all concerned and an answer given at the summit.

Just like in every business meeting, the members of the meeting want to have all proposals before to discuss in their own circles and coem with a response.

Boris and the Brexiteers think, they still can dictate as the British Empire in the 19th century. Sorry, that time is long over.

So, British: face it: 1 Nov: import duty - as WTO rules for "third countries" see https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en - on all imports from the UK into the EU, and a Schengen visa for all visitors, like all others from "third countries". Do the British customs already have anything ready, as I cannot get ANYTHING about regulations per 1 Nov for any goods to be imported into the UK. Many changed their conditions for products bound for the UK already to "ex works". So any delay is for the British customer.

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

The EU is not a club, it is anything but. A proper club members normally pay equal subscriptions and all members pay, that is not the case with the EU. Some members pay over inflated subscriptions while others pay nothing and in some cases indeed get money just for being a member.

So can we put this idea to bed that the EU is a club, it is not, and never has been.

Also the membership of the UN the contribution is based on the economic power of a member state.

15 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

So, you British, coem with a mature solution. From the moment Cameron came with the idea for a referendum ( 23 of Jan 2013) , you had time to come with YOUR wishes how to organise a Brexit. The only the EU knows till now is... no, no, no, no, no.

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7960

british voting.jpg

With the greatest respect, that is nonsense. Had the EU offered us a sensible deal with benefits to both sides it would be done and dusted by now.

Unfortunately we have a Remain Parliament colluding with the EU to keep us in. The EU offers terrible terms essentially making the UK a vassal state, Parliament rejects them, also rejects No Deal and then rejects an election to break the deadlock. The EU and Parliament have colluded to create a deadlock as it's the best way to keep us from leaving. 

Unfortunately for them, all this has done is strengthen Leaver's resolve. 

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What harm would it do?

It would undermine the entire process. Each side would release a different version of the negotiations to suit their own agenda. Parliament would use the additional time/information to find ways to legally challenge/legislate against whatever was being discussed. It would become even more farcical than it is now.

18 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I thought that Turkey weren't joining the EU now.

According Dominic Cummings, 75 % of the Turks will migrate to the UK. And will be protected by the EU army. As the UK does not have any sovereingity between her borders, but all dictated by the EU bureaucrats, nothing to stop.

5 lies in 3 sentences.

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The EU will throw them out per 1 Nov. 17 Oct not an agreed deal, then no discussuion nor extention anymore. Whatever the elected per constituency HoC members or the appointed HoL members will think of it.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I would rather say that your view is very simplistic. It's not about buying a jar of jam and bargaining for the price.

The Brexit has so many facets and effects in so many areas. Since 3 years it was operated on Brexit from both sides.

The result is an over 500 pages thicker dissolution contract. And even this contract does not contain solutions in many fields, but only postponing appointments. BJ ignorance in many detail issues is intentional. He brings only superficial chatter. For example, months ago he postulated a technical solution to the NI border issue. To date, he has not taught any details. Why?

Because this technology is not yet mature and the development and implementation would take years. What's this nonsense from him? Either he is really so stupid or deliberately leads the UK population by the nose. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

He named it a club to try to make understand it for the simple minded "club type people "….. but still it did not worked for you …. a pity

https://forum.thaivisa.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=1124977&content_commentid=14602017

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

Just like in every business meeting, the members of the meeting want to have all proposals before to discuss in their own circles and coem with a response.

Boris and the Brexiteers think, they still can dictate as the British Empire in the 19th century. Sorry, that time is long over.

So, British: face it: 1 Nov: import duty - as WTO rules for "third countries" see https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en - on all imports from the UK into the EU, and a Schengen visa for all visitors, like all others from "third countries". Do the British customs already have anything ready, as I cannot get ANYTHING about regulations per 1 Nov for any goods to be imported into the UK. Many changed their conditions for products bound for the UK already to "ex works". So any delay is for the British customer.

I believe that initially the UK will be treated like the US and be visa free, but will be subject to ETIAS once it comes into effect.

I am sure I have seen a product category and tariff schedule but can't remember if it was a draft or not.

The problem is not the existence of the paperwork and information but business getting to grips with how it works. The whole thing is quite complicated and it will end up like before with people struggling with what codes to use resulting in both deliberate and inadvertent fraud.

Deliberately bringing back a known problem for customs can hardly be seen as a step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

For example, months ago he postulated a technical solution to the NI border issue. To date, he has not taught any details. Why?

Because this technology is not yet mature and the development and implementation would take years. What's this nonsense from him? 

To be fair he did ask Merkel for 2 years to implement it. Merkel replied, "I give you 30 days Baris". Boris replied, "Err, Umm, Err............OK Ya!". Has zero intention of coming up with a viable option for replacing the backstop.

12 minutes ago, david555 said:
Breaking

https://news.sky.com/story/live-supreme-court-to-rule-on-legality-of-proroguing-parliament-11818306

LIVE: Parliament is not suspended, Supreme Court rules ….Unanimous !!

Wow! I must admit I thought it was odds against. PMQs on Thursday should be interesting. Surely Johnson must resign now.

30 minutes ago, david555 said:
Breaking

https://news.sky.com/story/live-supreme-court-to-rule-on-legality-of-proroguing-parliament-11818306

LIVE: Parliament is not suspended, Supreme Court rules 

From your link:

10:49

'House of Commons must convene without delay'

In a statement, Speaker John Bercow said: "I welcome the Supreme Court's judgement that the prorogation of Parliament was unlawful.

"The judges have rejected the Government's claim that closing down Parliament for five weeks was merely standard practice to allow for a new Queen's Speech.

"In reaching their conclusion, they have vindicated the right and duty of Parliament to meet at this crucial time to scrutinise the executive and hold Ministers to account.

"As the embodiment of our Parliamentary democracy, the House of Commons must convene without delay. To this end, I will now consult the party leaders as a matter of urgency."

1 hour ago, david555 said:

He named it a club to try to make understand it for the simple minded "club type people "….. but still it did not worked for you …. a pity

https://forum.thaivisa.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=1124977&content_commentid=14602017

To think the EU is a club would suggest that it is the remainers that are "simple minded" your words, not mine, but any excuse to get an insult in eh.

5 minutes ago, Slip said:

From your link:

In a statement, Speaker John Bercow said: "I welcome the Supreme Court's judgement that the prorogation of Parliament was unlawful.

"The judges have rejected the Government's claim that closing down Parliament for five weeks was merely standard practice to allow for a new Queen's Speech.

"In reaching their conclusion, they have vindicated the right and duty of Parliament to meet at this crucial time to scrutinise the executive and hold Ministers to account.

"As the embodiment of our Parliamentary democracy, the House of Commons must convene without delay. To this end, I will now consult the party leaders as a matter of urgency."

Now the U.K. need to make urgent work to make a WRITTEN constitution like"normal country's over the whole world has" ….so avoid such situations as present …..Even Thailand has one …..say 'it all  

34 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Wow! I must admit I thought it was odds against. PMQs on Thursday should be interesting. Surely Johnson must resign now.

he and his gang will find something to avoid the resignation.... running down the clock again

48 minutes ago, david555 said:
Breaking

The "unanimous" decision was reached by all 11 justices

that means he has to call PM's back and make an attitude adjustment, oh boy it will not be easy

1 minute ago, vogie said:

To think the EU is a club would suggest that it is the remainers that are "simple minded" your words, not mine, but any excuse to get an insult in eh.

Glad to see you are still in good doing ????,by this present dreadful day for you ,11 judges unanimous agreed that you have a illegal doing prime minister  .

But I must say this verdict proves that not all Brits lost their mind , your country start becomes now  recognizable again as it was before and respected , ….like the saying "1 rotten apple (or a few) does not make the whole basket rotten ."

Shutting down a parliament is a not a acceptable action ….in any democratic country 

And this my opinion has nothing to do with Brexit 

20 minutes ago, Slip said:

From your link:

should we understand a confidence vote and/or resignation is on its way ?

59 minutes ago, david555 said:
Breaking

The "unanimous" decision was reached by all 11 justices

and all of a sudden Brexiters were left without words trying to swallow a piece of their bitter pie....

Archived