All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The government, led by Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin, has ordered immediate scrutiny of all chemical warehouses in the country following a series of recent fires. The latest incident was at a warehouse of President Chemical Co Ltd in Bangkok’s Chom Thong district, where locals noticed smoke emitting from the site alongside a strong chemical smell. On arrival, Bangkok's Fire and Rescue Department discovered 12 leaking chemical waste barrels, two containing thiourea often found in fertilisers. This has raised concerns about potential harm to local water sources. Although the warehouse had a spotless record, this event shortly follows a similar fire at a factory in Rayong owned by Win Process Co, resulting in local evacuations. The Ministry of Industry has been tasked to accelerate inspections due to many chemicals' sensitivity to heat, which could lead to ignition in prevailing high temperatures. A comprehensive plan is being developed to prevent future hazardous chemical leaks. Visits of affected warehouses, including the facility in Rayong, by the Prime Minister are in the pipeline. Though firefighters have partially tamed the fire at Bangkok, it is yet to be totally doused. This is the Thailand's third chemical warehouse fire this year, following incidents in Ayutthaya and Rayong. Consequently, Industry Minister Pimphattra Wichaikul has ordered the Industrial Works Department to raise fire hazard awareness in factories. Top: File photo for reference only. -- 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  3. There is a frame at every gate for measuring luggage size. If the luggage does not fit that frame, send the person back to check-in to have the case put into hold luggage, and pay for it. I am happy to help midgets if, IMO, their stuff in the overhead locker is a reasonable size. Small people with luggage nearly as big as themselves can go screw.
  4. If caught falsifying your place of residence your pension payments would cease.
  5. I think Biden is a bad presidential candidate. But I still think he is a lot better than the alternative. Recently I saw an interview and one guy had a good description. He said look at Bidons advisors. He had many of them for many years and they are loyal to him. Trump hires people and tells the public how great these people are. And in many cases, it doesn't take too long before those people are fired by Trump or they resign and then Trump tells us what idiots these people are, and the ex-advisors write books and expose Trump. I think that shows a lot.
  6. At least the flood will put the fire out! Seriously, Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry is much safer than the NMC (or Li-ion) chemistry used in your smartphone, scooter, hover-board, monowheel and a lot of EVs and has a much-reduced tendency to "thermal-runaway". Many suggest that they are at least as safe as lead-acid (which have a different set of safety issues). LiFePO4 will burn if persuaded but most incidents involving them seem to be of an electrical rather than chemical nature. At least, that's how they start, a shorted LiFePO4 cell will out-gas and one of the products is hydrogen which is somewhat flammable. Concentrate on good electrical design and implementation, adequately rated cables protected by suitable breakers and/or fuses. It's far better to avoid starting a conflagration rather than to try to extinguish one. Our friends at the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) have things to say about ESS installation and location. Chapter 15 is the relevant bit for domestic systems. 326a NFPA 855 2020.pdf
  7. Good luck. These management companies are basically just shakedown artists. You’ll never get what you want. They will just stare at you as you talk with an occasional nod of the head.
  8. I think you're alone in those thoughts... have a safe day.
  9. The headline says he's an Israeli, how do you know he;s a Jew?
  10. unfortunately, it appears it is just a troll--looking to spike meaningless and angry responses--seems this is what this page has become!
  11. Funny that the headline of Thailand winning 57-0 is not tempered with the note that Thailand lost 58-0 years earlier !
  12. Does anyone remember that first hospital attack when the war started? Both sides vehemently claimed the other side did it. We do realize we got resolution to that, right? They bomb hospitals now like ho hum like it’s nothing. And yet that news story about them lying, as they always do, and framing their opponent as guilty, never really caught on as far as I could tell. I wonder why.
  13. Thanks for your comment. I agree with what you write. It would be good if nobody would use violence. But if person A uses violence against person B, then nobody should be surprised if person B retaliates - independent of male or female.
  14. I went to 1 AGM several years ago, never again, it's just full of jobsworths, found it kinda sad tbh.
  15. Certain health conditions are still treated by the NHS if you live abroad. I have a great relationship with my hospital and fly back once a year for tests and tablets.
  16. The condo i'm in is run well, there's no doubting that but IMO they could reduce the fees and just have a lower balance on the books.
  17. If you weren't so cheap you'd simply buy a phone and sim here in Thailand. much love,
  18. The car did not indicate that it was turning even if it was obvious what his intentions were, it must give right of way to oncoming traffic. The car was turning into a side road from a main road without indicators. It's in the rule book, never anticipate another driver's actions. The motorcyclist had the right of way as he was on the main road, even though he was speeding and going too fast to avoid a collision. There was no sign of compassion from the car driver and passenger on exiting their vehicle, as they were heading straight to the front of their car to survey the damage.
  19. Give the Jew's business to the monkeys and send the man to the Sanctuary once his health improves.
  20. If they're clocked in they're getting their salary, patients or not.
  1. Load more activity