All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I think she's forgotten the easiest fact: she is no longer in England. Stupidity like this is not acceptable in Thailand. LOS has it's own rules and ways to amend to. A spoilt crazy woman from England should return to England if she doesn't adhere to the local people and ways.
  3. Could the digital wallet pose a challenge to both Pheu Thai and conservatives? Creative Commons License via Google The Thai Prime Minister, Srettha Thavisin, appears troubled as continued discussions about the government's flagship policy, digital wallet, are carried on. These discussions are especially significant as previously, many conservatives have shied away from this hot topic. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325986-could-the-digital-wallet-pose-a-challenge-to-both-pheu-thai-and-conservatives/
  4. Hi all, I'm helping a friend in a difficult situation. I'm hoping someone has some personal experience or that Sheryl, who I am internally grateful for due to her immense help over the years, has someone to recommend. Short summary: My friend's sister delivered a baby prematurely in India. The baby underwent several tests and has been given a diagnosis of periventricular leukomalacia. Of course, the family are currently devastated and this is being compounded by a perceived lack of expertise, clarity of options, treatment options etc. My friend is in Bangkok and I want him to consult with the best (I assume) Neurologist available to put his mind at ease that someone is available to discuss these things with and to give recommendations, second opinions etc. Money is absolutely not an object in this case. Thank you for your help!
  5. I was going by your OP sounding like you didn't want to pay road tax. So have you paid your fine yet or is 500b too much for you.
  6. The Thai Prime Minister, Srettha Thavisin, appears troubled as continued discussions about the government's flagship policy, digital wallet, are carried on. These discussions are especially significant as previously, many conservatives have shied away from this hot topic. This platform is socio-politically impactful since it links back to Thailand's primary division - disagreement over the corruption of Pheu Thai's leaders and Pheu Thai's populist practices which some argue led to corruption and harmed the state's money management. Various people have criticized the digital wallet proposal for promoting unhealthy populism, and have suspected that it may favor large corporations. Fears of corruption have also been raised. The Srettha government's digital wallet resembles the Yingluck administration's rice pledging scheme. Both these agendas have faced conservative attacks, though less so for the digital wallet. Legally, the issue presents more concerns. The Constitution necessitates that the Cabinet must declare to the Parliament how it plans to fund state policies. Srettha's government only clarified its funding plans recently, which may lead to problems. Furthermore, the political party law states that campaigning parties must clearly outline how they intend to fund their election promises in order to curb unaffordable or risky economic vows. A primary concern is the use of the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives. The Pheu Thai government attempted to pull out significant amounts from the annual budget for the years 2024 and 2025 in place of its discarded legislative loan plan. This raises questions about whether it's right to divert large amounts of the bank's assets, often a lifeline for struggling farmers, to a politically charged agenda. The fact that taxpayer contributions are required for the digital wallet could be a ticking time bomb. The Central Bank also opposes the digital wallet. It proposed narrowing down the participants to only those who are truly economically vulnerable, an idea the government dismissed. A party named Move Forward seems to have substantially benefited by not forming a government with Pheu Thai. Yet, it has not fully capitalized on the opportunity as it did little during the election campaign and since Pheu Thai assumed power. Most of the criticisms have come from present or past finance technocrats, not politicians. Still, it's fair to say that Move Forward has managed to avoid a potential criticism bullet. Photo: Creative Commons License via Google -- 2024-04-26 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  7. Hardly, are you not aware of how these people operate? They choose people who are on their phones at the time so they're not likely to be locked. In addition, a guy in a phone shop opened my locked phone in a few seconds - he wouldn't show me how he did it. Probably by entering some code or other and you can bet your bottom dollar that phone thieves will have access to that information.
  8. "attempt to overtake it" maybe "pulled along side it and gave it a push with their foot at high speed"
  9. The people trying to censor everyone have never been on the right side of history pal
  10. You have to understand that trumpers are losers. He appeals to them because he gives them an excuse for why they have been failures in life. He gives them “others” to blame, so like trump himself, they never have to accept personal responsibility. Weak people clamp on to stuff like that. If they didn't have the false hope trump gives them, they would have no hope at all. In fact, there are three types of trumpers: ---greedy billionaires who want more tax cuts ---people too ignorant to understand rule of law or the founding principles of the US ---losers who live vicariously through trump Ask a trumper if he even knows any trump policy, other than a stupid slogan or a wall that Mexico will pay for (sic). They don’t know his policies, because he has none other than playing king and grifting off his position. For a trumper, thinking they “own the libs” is good enough, and considering the miserable and banal existence most have led, I guess such a minor thrill is about as much as they can ever dream of getting. With Biden, his policies are clear. For example: ---rebuild infrastructure (The bipartisan Infrastructure Bill is already improving roads, bridges airports, commo and internet) ---get chip-making back in the US (the Chips Act has already resulted in new plants being built) ---support Ukraine against the Russian invasion ---cut prescription drug costs (much already achieved) ---forgive student loans (this one I don’t agree with, but it is a clear policy) Whether Biden deserves credit or not for the good things that have happened since he relieved the last guy, it’s tough to say. The fact is, however, UE has fallen, growth dwarfs what happened under trump, more jobs have been created than under any POTUS, and the murder rate has tumbled. Biden has had to deal with rising interest rates both due to growth and because of the inflation caused by trump’s wild profligacy (new trump era debt of $8,400,000,000,000). Biden has to suffer the addition to the deficit caused by trump’s profligacy, as each 1% upward shift in the Yield Curve adds $84 billion per year to the deficit. As rates have had to be pushed up 300 pips or more across the Yield Curve to stem trump-generated inflation, that’s about $250 billion per year in new deficits.
  11. Ah got it.... According to Khun LA the Solar is enough to charge the car... I guess he has a bigger set up.
  12. There are restrictions, I agree, but they are here. The Shack restaurant on 2nd Rd halfway between Klang and HR will be packed if last time is anything to go by.
  13. Rand Paul has accused Fauci of lying and even said he should be in prison. I guess there is one or two politicians who are not bought off
  14. Good on that man. While not an unusual thing, the uniforms in the picture are from a private school which are ridiculously overpriced. also in our small village of 300 here, everyone upcycles / gives hand-me-downs even for the local government school despite the the government subsidy. Waste not want not!
  15. Pattaya officials they sure know how to get those brown envelopes.🤑
  16. How about you give them... a break ?
  17. She lives off grid, she does have Solar but she regularly runs out. I have told her to identify when her batteries reach full charge then she can probably do some charging at home, but not much.
  18. He's a politician just like dozy Biden,I reckon you'd have a job finding an honest politician the world over,as a friend of mine says 'if a politician is talking the chances are he's lying',we are told what politicians want us to believe,the truth doesn't come in to it,after all 'repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth' and to be a 'good' politician first learn to lie.
  19. Trunp projects Strength. Biden projects weakness. Simple as that. Peace in the ME under Trump. Under Biden, watch the news.
  20. When it happens she will have to fast charge to 80% and then use the AC plug at EV Pluz. I will let you know when she gets the message
  21. This thread has been closed. I do have insurance I just got my updated tax display for this year. You don’t have any idea what you are talking about.
  22. Imo the 3 macaques were detaining him. Came across a jew. Thought he had a lot of money. Locked him up in his own condo and were waiting for the right time to ask for a ransom. Wouldn't be too surprised if the police finds out the macaques were affiliated to Hamas...
  23. More of a curiosity than anything else... why can't she charge it at home ? Does she live in a condo ?? or a hut without electricity ?.... As you point out - for those with plenty of time - popping out for a coffee and charging is not a big issue.... Its only the same as popping out and getting a car cleaned...
  24. Your 4th post and already you are trying to run the show! I thought the story was newsworthy, "entitled British slapper gets her just rewards." The guard let her get away with the first slap but not the second slap!
  1. Load more activity