All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The basic deductions for an over 65 year old are 190k for over age 65 years plus 60k personal allowance. There is also a zero tax rated band of 150k. If the difference between those two allowances and the 500k you mention is derived from ANY source that is not covered by a DTA and/or is taxed at a lower rate in the home country than it is in Thailand, the income is assessable to Thai tax. Not registering for a TIN and not filing taxes to declare that income, assuming the person was Thai tax resident, means that person is guilty of tax evasion for which there are harsh penalties. I make an example: - Receive Oz OAP every 4 weeks by bank transfer, about 460,000Baht. Less allowances in the Thai tax system: - Age allowance 190,000Baht because over 65, - Personal allowance 60,000Baht - Threshhold of 150,000Baht. TOTAL 400,000Baht Deduct 400,000BAht from 460,000Baht = 60,000 I receive no other taxable income. Therefore no tax payable (my understanding). I've had a Thai personal tax number for over 25 years, now retired. I live in Thailand permanently (Thai PR for 26 years) so where do I stand re tax resident / non-resident?
  3. I agree , a gun is way to messy . Seriously I have not followed this controversy .But that's why there is a report option and moderators.
  4. Good. It seems the trolls are coming to understand.
  5. My husband suffered a lot from erectile dysfunction. I decided he needed help. I searched the internet for information on how to get rid of this problem. And on this https://valhallavitality.com/blog/unveiling-pt-141-a-revolutionary-approach-to-erectile-dysfunction site I learnt about the substance PT-141, which is considered to be an innovative solution to this problem. I read the information about how this substance works and realised that it is effective. My husband is happy because it helped him. You can read about it on the website
  6. A foreign credit card company is under no obligation to reveal their customers data to the Thai RD
  7. Apologies, it’s a 3 min battery change. https://electrek.co/2024/03/27/worlds-first-mass-produced-900v-ev-drive-system-rolls-out/?fbclid=IwAR2r8yFXKoFSw3NBSKaM2VqFn4hugdPLfKwra3L8UilNycboSd7_gRWN51c_aem_AZqUxxG4ULCSRRqPMO5pcTpwTgfX20709XWMeKkTopFFnxbyAXfisNFxXzgYy64n2zM
  8. My moral compass is like: If someone does something bad to me and people I care about, then I hope whoever did that will be punished. In some countries for some crimes this punishment happens from the authorities. In other countries lots of bad people get away with horrendous crimes and the authorities do nothing. I understand when in such situations people fight against the bad guys and against the bad authorities. And this is of course something which applies to many situations in many countries all over the world. When you write: "The past is long gone", do you apply this to anything? If someone murdered your family a year ago, was that in the past and long ago and it doesn't really matter anymore? Or 10 years? Or how long ago is long enough?
  9. Why, I just told you, its trivial nonsense. If you think its so important, then I suggest you email the ICJ and tell them an anonymous poster is claiming that one month is the same as 4 weeks..... This is getting better and better Chef....lol
  10. When there is no insurance the person at fault becomes a victim of circumstance.
  11. Pity is a strange thing sometimes.
  12. Well, that seems perfectly reasonable. That's what I always do when a Chinese man repeatedly attempts to rape me and takes my cell phone. I surely don't want the police to be able to ping the phone to track down the alleged rapist......that I won't bother to report.
  13. Dropouts, retards, alcoholics, Bob Smith, Russians... Always picking on the weak. Humans are disgusting creatures. 🤗
  14. This is a very educated guess and literally quite possible.
  15. Just flew BKK. SFO Eva premium economy. $2000. RT First time flying premium economy. Made for a nicer flight.
  16. Thanks to you and the others for the inputs. All have value and were part of the decision process to leave 1.For a while get set up and return to Thai 2. Get set up and just visit Thai occasionally. 3. Try it and see how it goes. As i went down the path of getting my pension and medicare set up then buying a unit, the choices get a bit more murky but I will stay a while and have a life with family here a bit As I said I appreciated all the inputs which covered all the options Thanks all
  17. If anyone is embarrassed it should be the shameless trolls. Anyone who wants to discuss ev in Thailand should feel comfortable, trolls should expect to be called out on a good day or preferably ignored. That is reasonable isn’t it, troll ?
  18. IMO Hybrid is not a good option. If you have a car that is sold in both a straight ICE version and a Hybrid version . You need to consider, how much more will the Hybrid cost from the straight ICE vehicle? Then how much fuel you consume per year . For discussion purposes let's say the Hybrid version costs 200k more. Given how much fuel you burn per year, how many years will it take to get back the Premium you paid? , Then you have complexity. The more complex a mechanism is , the more chances for something to go wrong. A hybrid is a lot more complex than an ICE vehicle. Same for a plug in Hybrid. How much will you pay vs how much you will save.
  19. New tech, plastic battery shells.............😱
  20. Ive got 3 sad emoji stalkers. They havent offered to fight me yet.
  21. It has gone wrong on reactors in USA, Russia and Japan. USA poor equipment and operators not knowing how to act. Russia , ruptures in cooling system and explosions. Japan , earthquake and tsunami, giving problems. But many countries are starting to pick it up. Germany shut down, but will start again, im sure. Especially now with climate change. And of course Ukrainian war. Russian gas to zero(NOT). All EU is still buying gas from Russia. UK is now building a monster of powerplant, Hinkley. And more to come. plans. They started in 2017, still not done and costs rose from 25 billion to 50 billion £ and a 3 year delay. SO why not Thailand? They will have too. Maybe also do some infra structure to have it all work properly. "My country" faces now problems with that and costs lots of effort and money to change. But will take years. They just made the decision, after 8 years!! of renewing the submarines. From France, I hope they didnt forget about the engines. The first new one will be ready in 2034 !! All is waiting on nuclear fusion. In the mean time Bill Gates also decided to built a nucleair plant. Sodium liquid cooled ! Well at least no pressurized water cooling system, however sodium is highly flammable with air and has an explosive burning when in contact with water. I hope they keep the water out. You have to exchange the heat to water at one point for making steam. But they did already in past, so all will be well, or not?
  22. Report not response....lol Please report my post for such misleading claims and stop wasting my time on such trivial nonsense
  1. Load more activity