BANGKOK 26 April 2019 01:50

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. So easy to have an up to date stand by card. Some people just do not think. duhh!
  3. They may be headed to the states but I doubt the US border patrol and customs will let them past the port of entry
  4. The wheels started coming off for Nixon in 1974, and it took another year before he stepped down. During that year is when the "crazy s**t" (to use the WH counsel's term) took place, like the Saturday Night Massacre. Don't forget the formal charge for impeachment was contempt of Congress. That's about where we are now. Republicans are beginning to throw their hats in the ring, must be some tacit buzz within the ranks of a potentially open convention next year. The Dem hopefuls should be mindful that it may not be DT they are up against in 2020.
  5. Better luck in the CL next year BB....your tears on here continue year on year kiddo!
  6. I've changed my passport twice in the last 3 years and 4 times in total, and never went to the transport office. Strange that they just used the info from my previous one, despite me giving them my new passport and house book with a different address in a different province.
  7. She’s in the USA. The title is misleading.
  8. Fair answer, thank you. I agree with you 100% on work dodgers. The left often suggest they are a Tabloid fantasy, and the right that the country is swarming with a vast army of scroungers. From all the statistics I have seen neither of these is true, the answer is somewhere in the middle. Programs like Benefits Street (Or whatever, which I have never seen as I don't have TV) would not have become popular if there was not an element of truth in it. A friend of mine overheard two school leavers on the bus discussing how they planned their future life on benefits by having babies, getting council housing etc. Their boyfriends would be part of the scheme, and work was never mentioned. There is something wrong with society if this is happening. We don't disagree on everything I'm happy to see.
  9. Fell from the top of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
  10. Does anyone in America honestly believe that the sort of business deals that Trump has been involved with will be squeaky clean, any more than any other such business dealings the rest of the super-rich are involved with? This is a problem on a global scale, that the ultra-rich operate in an ethereal world where certain rules do not apply to them in the same manner as it does to the rest of us. But are the Clinton's business dealings likely to undergo the same scrutiny? Of course not. Why? Because the principle motivation behind this scrutiny where Trump is concerned is patently political in motive. If you honestly believe the democrats are pursuing this for the sake of preserving democracy, then you are precisely the person who believes you are a handsome man because a bargirl tells you so.
  11. They are not portraits. They are giant amulets for when the underpass is flooded.
  12. Best one I ever had was on Rama 4 - going under the flyover and up on to the expressway. There's a sign on the wall denoting which of the 3 lanes goes where. I was flagged down and told I was in the wrong lane. At the time I didn't speak any Thai at all but I asked my passenger to point out to the kind officer that he hadn't asked us where we were going - how could we be in the wrong lane? A rather disappointed cop walked around the car looking for faults then waved me on .
  13. No, you shouldn’t have paid. You should have demanded his name, rank and station and ID. Then told him you want to see his superior immediately. Always raise your voice and swear a lot and threaten the embassy, lawyers and the media when dealing with corrupt police. If they didn’t give you a receipt for your 500 baht bribe then you have them on toast. This is a clear case of corruption which is punishable with a long prison sentence. Go to make reports at the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission; the National Anti Corruption Commision (NACC); the Department of Special Investigation; and to the Office of the Attorney-General. Dont forget to contact the embassy and get a good lawyer. All the best, I hope you get your money back. Let us know how you get on.
  14. I think you missed my point. Presumably you voted for Clinton and she still lost. Had you voted for someone you felt more fitting, she'd still have lost.
  15. I would have offered 100 baht...settled for 200...this type of police shakedown has gone on for decades...nothing new here...
  16. Thanks guys-I'm really new at this so what is 200/200? The unit manager says he will have 3BB from 1st May...
  17. If you know you've done nothing wrong, stand your ground and call their bluff - always works for me. I've 'paid' once and on that occasion I was in the wrong - my Mrs didn't have her seat belt on. The usual one when you resist is "Oh, we go see big boss then" - I say fine and lock up the car - not failed yet. I had this changing lanes crap years ago up in Ubon - changing lanes?? The cop had to be joking, the bloody traffic was chaos and all over the place. In any case, I was in the right hand lane which had a straight on arrow painted on the tarmac. As I approached the next set of lights, the arrow changed to a right turn one so I indicated and moved over to the left. I told him he should get a job on TV as a joker - he waved me on.
  18. I didn’t get the feeling that the crowd as a whole were really behind the team. It was strangely subdued and particularly in the second half it turned quickly as you say to groans and impatience. It was a bit odd considering the response at Everton but I guess you always get the hardcore supporters that go away and support through thick and thin. Ive genuinely not seen OT empty as quick as that.
  19. Whether you heard of anyone dying, they did. A lot of people died of complications from Measles. Pneumonia and encephalitis are two of the big killers and affects of Measles. We have more and more children (and adults) who have compromised immune systems. Children born prematurely that are now kept alive, but they have weaker immunity. Measles is highly contagious. Medical attention is diverted from more serious illnesses when there is an outbreak. This outbreak is particularly bad, in part because it is almost 100% preventable.
  20. How many years to build that barely two lane underpass? What a joke!
  21. Interesting you say this given your TV moniker. Here's Investment Biker Jim Rogers (link) "Back in 2007, Rogers decided to move from the US to Singapore so that his daughters would grow up speaking Mandarin, which he sees as being the most important language of their lifetime."
  1. Load more activity