BANGKOK 24 April 2019 19:00

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Your children don't care, you are inviting trouble on yourself and your family for nothing.
  3. You are right. It is even a little bit more what I and others pay for ED visa. But not everybody wants to buy something 20 years in advance (5y option too expensive). I prefer to be free so I can move to other countries and stay flexible. I might be a good option for those who are entirely sure (married, kids etc.) they will stay here "forever" (this is what I would call 20 years).
  4. I did, he was, but he had to go and copy his tabian bahn and ID card, and then he never came back... Happily, all is almost resolved. A Thai friend called him and said that I have to move out of the rented house because he hasn't provided me with these copies of his documents. His 'batman' was here in 10 minutes with the copies Now let's see if the IO insists on me paying the fine tomorrow when I return to complete my registration...
  5. Not to mention the India tourist numbers which are going up by 500k to 1mil per year. This includes the three guys who share one Chang in Rainbow 2 to the family that charters a flight to fly in guests to a hotel in Samui they book all up plus a troupe of elephants for a daughter's wedding, and about 5 mil more in between.
  6. Well Don I hope where ever you are going is where you want to be. You sound like one of those guy who ar always bashing Thailand just to have something to do. Enjoy your new home hope it is better than Thailand was to you.
  7. As I said above, it should be possible if you just leave the passwords blank when you add the account. Alternatively, to remove a password from an account, go to change it but leave the new password blank after entering the current password. You could also do it through the command prompt using the net user commands. I can't find a link using my phone but you can google it.
  8. yes, i did? Did you? No mention of TAT sources in there. According to TAT and Mastercard: Russia, USA, UK, AUSTRALIA, GERMANY account for 29% of spendings in there alone, and that excludes Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, France and co Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2018/11/thailand-leads-asia-in-international-visitors-spending-unwto-report/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand You can calculate the spending per visitor urself using these 2 sources.
  9. Plus their much loved 'Brexit pound' which as great British patriots as they are they will enjoy holidaying back in their own country at last.
  10. Eh! yes, a bread that sings when you break it, or when you bite it. Sometimes it's at the bakery next to Tesco in Market Village, but you have to take it out of the oven. Otherwise, it is difficult to find.
  11. On the issue of voter fraud: Here are nine investigations on voter fraud that found virtually nothing https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/01/25/here-are-nine-major-investigations-on-voter-fraud-that-found-virtually-nothing/?utm_term=.00cf80d5d899 Don’t dismiss it just because it’s the”Bezoz fake Washinton Post” —follow the links to the source materials. One of the investigations was a five year effort by the George W Bush administration that turned up almost no evidence of voter fraud. Words sometimes mean different things to different people. It would help if we had a Republican to English dictionary. I happen to have one. It says that when Republicans say “voter fraud” they mean “brown people voting” Brown people voting is of course a travesty. But only if one is a White Nationalist.
  12. Excellent as fishermen's emergency point for fuel, depot, shelter, toilet etc …
  13. My Pattaya condo landlord lives in Chiang Mai when not in Australia. Bit difficult for him to show up for every TM30. A lot of paperwork later his Thai wife got legal authority to represent him and she flew down to report to Jomtien Immigration. A lot of wasted time and money. I don't know why she couldn't report me up there and have it faxed to Jomtien. I've been able to report in by myself since then.
  14. Sorry to disappoint you - but I disagree with that. It simply isn't true. Maybe it's the attitude of the poster and yourself that actually needs to change...………..
  15. woah woah woah - you eat pork despite seeing them crammed and I mean seriously crammed into two tier lorries in desperate heat on their way to a terrifying death and now want to be taken seriously on animal welfare issues ?? Credibility gone !
  16. Does anyone know if there is a good sports bar that shows all the NBA playoff games? I'd like one that's non smoking and has big screens. Thanks in advance.
  17. Far too many snowflakes using this forum, offended by the slightest thing.
  18. @Formaleins Yes. We have children and in our opinion, we don't find it appropriate.
  19. Yes Leo beer purchases am sure about but deodorant purchases by farangs am not completely sure.
  20. In Thailand's case millions every year north and south.
  21. Where was I mentioning Mueller, Comey or Sessions? As republicans I would say they'd try at least to give Potus the benefit of the doubt. But no, people mentioned above have all butter on their heads. I might assume they used at least good butter.
  22. I entered BKK after holiday abroad using the Thai channel with my wife about 830pm. The Thai side now entirely automated save for one line presumably for old people not up on the tech thing. Wife went first and asked if it was ok to use the Thai line. I've been doing this a number of years and it's never been a problem. I wasn't asked any questions. IO was officious and fast (she). The farang side was crowded, backed up. The Chinese line a bit of bedlam. Non O (marriage), multiple re-entry, employed.
  1. Load more activity