BANGKOK 20 April 2019 10:09

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Just be very aware and cautious of this countries defamation laws. That is an area you really dont want to go in. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.
  3. A post containing a nonsensical video from a non-credible source has been removed.
  4. Admitted Russian agent Butina asks U.S. court to be lenient By Ginger Gibson Maria Butina appears in a police booking photograph released by the Alexandria Sheriff's Office in Alexandria, Virginia, U.S. August 18, 2018. Alexandria Sheriff's Office/Handout via REUTERS/Files WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Maria Butina, who has admitted to working as a Russian agent to infiltrate an influential U.S. gun rights group and make inroads with conservative activists and Republicans, asked the court to sentence her to time served ahead of her April 26 sentencing, according to court documents. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096118-admitted-russian-agent-butina-asks-us-court-to-be-lenient/
  5. Why do people on this forum insist on being like this? If there is a Thai code that states that air conditionings need to have local isolation and you know about it, then why not post it for everyone here. Seems to me you just want to bicker, and if you want to have 2 breakers on 1 circuit for one appliance, by all means go for it.
  6. You're right, I don't want ugly old trouts, and lose out to the hot/crazy matrix.
  7. You can see here we were turning after stopping and indicating, nothing approaching nowt behind so turn, then whack. No way he was 'overtaking' he was just riding at speed on the wrong side. I did ask in the station did they not realize that reckless driving (us apparently) by bikes like this might have something to do with being the number one in the world for bike deaths, no reaction.
  8. Admitted Russian agent Butina asks U.S. court to be lenient By Ginger Gibson Maria Butina appears in a police booking photograph released by the Alexandria Sheriff's Office in Alexandria, Virginia, U.S. August 18, 2018. Alexandria Sheriff's Office/Handout via REUTERS/Files WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Maria Butina, who has admitted to working as a Russian agent to infiltrate an influential U.S. gun rights group and make inroads with conservative activists and Republicans, asked the court to sentence her to time served ahead of her April 26 sentencing, according to court documents. Butina, 30, a former graduate student at American University who publicly advocated for gun rights, pleaded guilty in December to one count of conspiring to act as a foreign agent for Russia. She has remained in custody since her arrest in July 2018. "Although Maria has committed a serious offense, just punishment does not require additional incarceration," her attorneys argue in a sentencing memo filed on Friday. Butina, a Russian citizen, expects to be sent back to her native country after being released from jail, her attorney said. "She has been separated from her family, in a foreign country, for over nine months. She has languished for three of those months in administrative segregation - solitary confinement by another name — where she was enclosed in a small cell for 22 hours a day," the filing states. Butina has admitted to conspiring with a Russian official and two Americans from 2015 until her arrest to infiltrate the National Rifle Association and create unofficial lines of communication to try to make Washington's policy toward Moscow more friendly. The NRA is closely aligned with U.S. conservatives and Republican politicians including President Donald Trump. U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan in February delayed sentencing at the request of prosecutors, who said Butina was cooperating in their ongoing investigation. Butina's attorney, Robert Driscoll, said at the time his client was ready for sentencing. Russia in December accused the United States of forcing Butina to falsely confess to what it described as the "absolutely ridiculous charges" of her being a Russian agent. -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-20
  9. I have to agree. It's an oppressive <deleted> society, particularly for anyone counting on the government to do anything for them. Were I the OP I'd try to enjoy my last 5, 10, 20 years in Thailand, knowing some nice girls will take care of you and everyone's going to have a great time at your funeral.
  10. I am based in soi Siam in a condo development am looking for best option for internet connection , using my mobile as a hotspot connection , am currently using DTAC 5GB, 100m , but it keeps dropping out after 4 minutes of use , can anyone kindly recommend am alternative package . Thanks
  11. Looks like a 40% tax - duty would be on total 1660 if more than 1500. Using DHL believe tax is expedited rate rather than for actual item imported.
  12. Wot extreme weather events happened before so don’t blame climate change for them happening again?! Doh!
  13. What kind of trenbolone and deca is worth buying from Thailand ?? I heard that testo marks testoviron and testolic are usually ok.
  14. You just have bad choice in women, either that or you're hard to get on with. I've been with the same Thai lady for 9 years, haven't been attacked yet, at least not physically.
  15. Simon you have been around for a LONG TIME. Your post here is being used to discount me as if I am not real and my experiences in Thailand are not real too. I do not like this. I have read your posts for years and believed them!!! I have been around as long as you have but I was not as vocal as you about my problems. That does not mean my problems are bullshit or don't exist. I tried to deal with them in total privacy. I need your <deleted> support dude. <deleted> these stupid <deleted> on TV. help me like you have needed help and I have helped you!!
  16. It’s the go to place for many organizations,including banks ,government departments and credit reference agencies to verify you live there. You underestimate its value.
  17. While I support this guy's ideals and feel some sympathy for him, you have to wonder what the hell was he thinking? Would he try that 12 miles off the coast from North Korea? Or China? Why did he think he would get away with it under this dictatorship? Thailand is not a place where rule of law exists. I don't agree with it, but I can see the argument for the death penalty in this case. It would set a precendence to definitely save lives by deterring others from stupid haphazard constructions like this.
  18. Chances are if you walk into the station to file a police report, the officer on duty will push you 20 meters down the hallway and back onto the street. That is of course unless you have copious amounts of money on you at the time. In that case it will be all smiles, and maybe even some of his buddies will walk in for a friendly chat and a bit of 'where you come from' and 'how long you stay here.' So basically don't bother.
  19. On Good Friday, Pope hears harrowing stories of human trafficking By Philip Pullella Pope Francis leads the Via Crucis (Way of the Cross) procession during Good Friday celebrations at Rome's Colosseum, Rome, Italy April 19, 2019. REUTERS/Yara Nardi ROME (Reuters) - Pope Francis led Good Friday services dedicated to the victims of human trafficking and the plight of migrants, denouncing leaders with "armoured hearts" who exploit their plight for political gain. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096116-on-good-friday-pope-hears-harrowing-stories-of-human-trafficking/
  20. Sounds like you need to move before the pushing is done with a 9mm
  21. Finally someone who gets it the greatest threat to this country... inflation! I've got motorcycle drives around here getting paid 10 baht per ride & my wife who has relatively ok job offers a 5% salary increase once every 5 years - this is the normal people. Their Prime Minister is only consistent on one thing: keep foreign investors happy. If you have inequality, growth = inflation & Thailand is one of the most heavily skewed societies. They know full well it is a trick saying "higher wages" when inflation will strip them of this difference and beyond. The Second paragraph yes it's 'Velocity of money'. I do not have so much money but what I do, it flys around. Do they not know what the Economic studies say whether it is 400,000,000 stuck in an offshore account or 400-800,000 stuck in a Thai bank account, it is not moving into community so it achieves nothing, literally 'it goes nowhere'. It is the Foreign Real Estate Developers buying up Thai-land that puts pressure on this country. If you are not someone who profits off 10 lots of 20 Rai of leased land to hide in a bank account so you can abuse the purchasing power, then you are not the problem, Immigration!
  22. Excellent advises and knowledge for SE Asian bike riders... GT Riders https://www.gt-rider.com/
  23. If you involve the police your problems will get worse not better. Just have to put up with the problems as you being farang you will not win, delete anything you posted on facebook, or maybe they will use the draconian defamation laws against you. TREAD warily mate.
  24. On Good Friday, Pope hears harrowing stories of human trafficking By Philip Pullella Pope Francis leads the Via Crucis (Way of the Cross) procession during Good Friday celebrations at Rome's Colosseum, Rome, Italy April 19, 2019. REUTERS/Yara Nardi ROME (Reuters) - Pope Francis led Good Friday services dedicated to the victims of human trafficking and the plight of migrants, denouncing leaders with "armoured hearts" who exploit their plight for political gain. Francis, marking his seventh Easter season as Roman Catholic leader, presided at a traditional Via Crucis (Way of the Cross) service at Rome's Colosseum, attended by thousands of people holding candles. The meditations read out by speakers during the 14 "stations of the cross" which commemorate the last hours of Jesus' life were written by Sister Eugenia Bonetti, an 80-year-old Italian nun who has won multiple awards for her work with trafficked women and children. At the end of the service, Francis read a prayer in which he spoke of the poor, the hungry, the elderly, abused children and the environment. In it, he spoke of "the cross of migrants who find doors closed because of fear and hearts that are armoured by political calculation". Francis has made defence of migrants a key feature of his pontificate and has clashed over the immigration with politicians such as U.S. President Donald Trump and Italy's Interior Minister Matteo Salvini who leads the anti-immigrant League party and has closed Italy's ports to rescue ships operated by charities. Each year, the pope entrusts the writing of the meditations to a different person or group. Bonetti's were among the most graphic and emotional ever read at the service. Francis listened intently as three speakers read Bonetti's meditations about migrants being set on fire, dying in the desert or drowning at sea and ending up in nameless coffins. One of Bonetti's meditations read: "Let us think of all those children in various parts of the world who cannot go to school but are instead exploited in mines, fields and fisheries, bought and sold by human traffickers for organ harvesting, used and abused on our streets by many, including Christians ...," She wrote of seeing "men in luxury cars lined up to exploit" young woman forced into prostitution shortly after they arrive in Italy, where many African migrants wash up, hoping for a fresh start only to be snared by traffickers and pimps. "Men, women and children are bought and sold like slaves by the new traders in human lives," she wrote "How many people are growing rich by devouring the flesh and blood of the poor?" The 82-year-old leader of the world's 1.3 billion Roman Catholics will lead an Easter vigil service on Saturday night and on Easter Sunday will read the traditional "Urbi et Orbi" (To The City and The World) message. -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-20
  1. Load more activity