BANGKOK

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks @ubonjoe. Looks like I am stuck with the CM office. At least getting all the paperwork in order will be easier. And I don't have to hang out in BKK for a couple of weeks. David
  3. If that's the case, why all the secrecy? What exactly is the transaction that takes place between the agent and someone within immigration that allows someone who doesn't meet the published criteria to obtain a visa?
  4. Oh poo ! yep the biker dude has hit the nail on the head, can we start a go fund me page for a new hand bag for this poor geezer.
  5. He obviously suffers from the sense of entitlement that carrying a firearm instills in the weak and insecure of the human race. “I understand that you will soon be leavin' town Don't try to call me when they finally run you down Just give fair warning any time you come around With a gun With a gun You will be what you are just the same” Steely Dan …. Circa; 1974
  6. Once again: Check out Goofy in the "Motormania", from 1950. That will explain what`s going on when your driving on the Thai roads! Be careful, have your eyes open at all times and NEVER trust anyone making a signal to go the left or right! Be safe out there!!
  7. The big stuff are: - bedroom rack (printer, laundry, sheets), - mattress topper - weight area floor - weights, bench, dip bars, barbell - kitchen rack with appliances, boards - kitchen rack, appliances, boards - portable AC with window cutout If I have to move every 3 months and reposition all of this, it means killing 8 days a year to move this stuff around. The alternative is to either rent 2 places, or buy the Elite visa. The Elite suddenly looks more economical.
  8. So maybe my post did strike something at you I guess??? You say you do "your thing". The thing is, you really do NOT do anything, so what is your thing. NOT to take care and be a responsible guy.. Is that the core of your life, congrats in that case. glegolo
  9. IIRC the backstop inc legal text. Which Brussels always stated was non-negotiable. Which we now know is utter tosh. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. No Deal vs Revoke as the shotgun last minute choice if the May/Johnson Surrender Deal (90% her deal) doesn't get through....don't forget it is a Remainer parliament with a remainer speaker....
  11. Went to see Malificent yesterday at MegaBangna. soundtrack in English with Thai subtitles. I was the only Farang in there but it was 3/4 full of Thai people.
  12. define PEOPLE... a friend of mine came back from a trip to china and said "the people there are very nice". his girlfriend complained: " what people? all you did was looking at young pretty woman". my friend replied: "that's my definition of "people" ".
  13. Don’t you know that most expats are leaving Thailand? What are you thinking, planning to move here. (You should read Thai Visa more lol). Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
  14. Yes agreed... I am just not sure why anyone would buy something sight unseen from an unknown seller. I have had friends buy from unknown sellers but they drive to where the product is and do not remit funds until they take possession... it sounds as this might be a very youthful lesson learned... sorry that it happened but hope it serves him well in the future... we all learn lessons when young. Hope it was not too expensive.
  15. There is 20 years for 2 mio THB package: https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-ultimate-privilege-membership?locate=en And a 20 years for 1 mio THB package: https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-superiority-extension-membership?locate=en
  16. A thrice rejected WA purely timing? Would that be a 3 year time wasted exercise as all she attempted was a faux Brexit aka BRINO. Parliament now faces this alternative deal or no deal as Junker has ruled out any further extension, thus making remainers heads explode, primarily as they were relying on the Benn act as their ace card. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. To be fair we're living in clown world, and everyone is electing clown rulers, although May was a serious contender for clown PM, BoJo is the undisputed clown king (in the UK).
  18. There are so many posts about a house where termites ate the wood which seems to be the reason why the guy moved into the house of people who need their privacy, watch their soap operas when they want and how long they want. I don't believe the stories that make it look like he's innocent and had no other choice than moving into a house he's got nothing to do with. I think we had to read a lot of made up stories and it's time to stop reading them. Ex sold an engine? What does that have to do with a man from a totally different culture who doesn't seem to have any financial means? If the child really exists, I feel sorry for her and for all the people who have to put up with this guy.
  19. 1. Unless you have an address in Bangkok you will not be able to apply for a non immigrant visa in there. They have been doing home visits during the 2 week approval. If you get in in Bangkok you would have to apply for the extension of stay as well. If the application is done in Chiang Mai it will be sent to immigration division 5 in Chiang Mai for a approval. Best to do it in Chiang Mai. 2. General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80 In Chiang Mai you have to have 21 days remaining on the 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it on the day apply.
  20. Thanks at least i opened up a topic for others to take a peek at another side of the rolling ball of REALITY here. its been a good post from my perspective and had my bum spanked by a handfull of realists my fave was BM Sheryls take on it all amongst others.
  21. i guess you miss one word here - OUT. otherwise, all you say does not make sense
  22. Like Groucho Marx said .... Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
  23. In my experience of years of having cats here, the only two hospitals worth using were Kasetsart (providing you avoid the students and ask to see an Ajarn (teacher) ).... and Vet 4 https://www.vet4hospital.com/ providing you get the owner or his wife. Others were worse than useless, the worst being Chula Vet hospital. Thonglor hospital was also useless and expensive. Ignorance and malpractice are common.
  1. Load more activity