All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You mean cheap products like BYD with 1.5% margin high value products like GM making 5% and Tesla making 16%?
  3. Pattaya is only full 3 months of the year ,, the other 9 months its just scraping by
  4. You love your millionaires, too. It's working people and the poor who you think should pay more taxes.
  5. Unfortunately that's what people do, dude; you and me included. Sad though it is, dying is the most natural thing in the world next to birth and those guys might have been close to it anyway. Agree, though, how folk here can be callous as it doesn't impact them, but you'll rarely see empathy on this site... it's mostly boomers after all. The issue here is, the article is somewhat sensationalist, since every year at this time people perish through hot weather. They're making it out to be extreme but it always goes into the 40s... Chiang Mai did that every single year when I lived there decades ago. Where I am right now is the same as it was last year.
  6. Exactly what I was thinking. The bluster for legalisation of cannibis came with the disclaimer that it was for medical use. Didn't realise Khao San Rd was a hospital.
  7. How you figure? Of course they take their way of living and manors as well as beliefs to the country they visit or chose to stay in. And with visa free factor it´s going to be more of the pack.
  8. get rid of them all in a meat canning factory and start again with 6 year old kids it will be an improvement
  9. So working class Thais who work abroad are somehow in charge of immigration policy back here? Learn something new everyday
  10. I’ve traveled to and worked in Thailand for 2 decades having had work permits, extensions, visas, etc. The past 4 years I was not employed in Thailand but am married to a Thai national. I arrived in Thailand last year on a single entry non-o on the basis of being married. I subsequently received an extension of stay for 60 days for visiting Thai family. After that I left Thailand to return later on a visa exempt entry. Now I am being offered a job for a BOI company. Their liason at immigration told them I will need to get a new passport and then apply for a non-ib visa, because I didn’t officially cancel my non-o visa from last year. I was told that BOI won’t issue the extension of stay if the passport shows a non immigrant visa which hasn’t been officially canceled before leaving the country. Is this a thing? First time I ever heard about this.
  11. Trump still might beat the rap in the NY case, or be found guilty of misdemeanors, if that's a possibility. Also, the Georgia case is complicated, and he's up against a county DA, not the Feds. In the Federal cases, he's dead meat, if they happen.
  12. LOL I’m well aware I’m walking that fine line between life and death. No doubt the spy in the sky camera is monitoring my every movement relaying information back to headquarters in the basement.
  13. if you live in a condo...how do you charge your car ? lol
  14. The point is that the states are getting serious about elector fraud, and Trump's minions are going down.
  15. which makes that whole circle thing a load of crap, and I am sure they are doing just fine thinking and acting outside this norm
  16. Actually, Elon claims he is going to die on Mars. Just not on impact.
  17. Yes, cos funnily enough, these kinds of "generlizations" are mostly <deleted>, and I have a lot of experience of Thai people being helpful to me, when they didn't need to. Now if you want to talk about actual plausible reasons, such as lack of training, lack of ongoing driver education, and lack of enforcement, then we are talking about reality, and not this circles rubbish
  18. Your post was striking for its' bad timing. Right after you posted about there not being a connection between Trump and the fake electors, Trump was named an unindicted co-conspirator for the elector fraud case in Arizona.
  19. all those politicians are as corrupt as in thailand, only serving themselves...
  20. my phone is 4k... for the price of an iphone 14, i prefer to have a laptop, android phone, smart tv, ...
  21. So... SUV 100% in the wrong then... But, as you point out: the right of way is contrary to the way everyone drives it which makes the junction and all the junctions along that stretch more dangerous. Thailand is still wondering why is has the highest road deaths. The SUV driver is going to get done for dangerous driving then ???? Safety First eh ???..... I really hope you are not blasting through blind junctions like that at 80 kms... You'll be in the news next.... Hope not of course - be careful eh... That said - I agree with you that IF this is the way 'everyone drives' this road - then the north south roads really should be designated with stop signs and give way signs... (and yes - white lines !!!!)... The accident rates here is not just about rubbish policing - its also a lot about really cr-appy junctions and road lay outs. Already enough suicidal motorcyclists out there anyway.... but you are only looking out for the foreigners on Disability Trikes to confirm your bias ??? Insanity - idiots driving without looking !!!.... Was driving the other day (middle lane - Petchaburi rd) middle of the day.... Motorcycle to the right travelling at the same speed. I suddenly hear loud tyre screeching..... saw in my mirror a pickup fish-tailing it... rear sliding around, brakes locked up.... The driver had nearly ridden straight into the motorcyclist next to me..... Careful out there indeed - especially at junctions as some blast through thinking they have right of way !!!!
  22. Scooters are plenty comfortable. Have you used the mesh/venting seat cover. Very comfy. Helps damper the stiff Duke ride a bit. Those things are hot as heck in city traffic. Yuck.
  23. why not more owners come forward with this open extortion by the men in brown...
  24. It is one of a number of recent disappointments and irritations about Thailand. He wants to quit working but needs to continue for citizenship. Remittance tax is the reinterpretation of the Revenue Code by Revenue Department order P 161/2566 in September 2023 which means that foreign source income earned after 1 Jan 2024 have to be taxed, if remitted to Thailand, at regular personal income tax rates. That has caused a number of expat retirees to review whether they want to remain as That tax residents or will spend less than 180 days a year in the Kingdom and avoid that tax. I had another friend whose goal was to get PR and stay in Thailand. Finally he got his PR application together with the help of a law firm but found after a few months dound that they had screwed it up and he was rejected. He could have reapplied the following year but he was so upset that he left Thailand and got a job somewhere else. Some people can be affected like that feeling a strong sense of rejection. However, many others of us have families here and can't easily up sticks and have to persevere. In my case I had real curved balls thrown at me while applying for both PR and citizenship but kept fighting and managed against all odds o get the applications back on track without having to reapply. I was told I was unqualified for PR and my citizenship file was knocked back to SB from the MOI. I think of it like a combination of an obstacle course and a war of attrition where you mustn't fall into despair during long waits with no news.
  1. Load more activity