BANGKOK 24 April 2019 13:20

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. + 1. Savannakhet seems to be the best option for the OP.
  3. If you invest 10M Baht in the limited-options allowed for it, I see no reason you could not get investment-based extensions of stay.
  4. Reason for VISA? If marriage they don't want to see a rental agreement, only a copy of your wife's house book.
  5. FBI to assist in Easter Day attack investigations http://www.adaderana.lk/news/54602/fbi-to-assist-in-easter-day-attack-investigations
  6. Sorry forgot you were a jingoist. But you are wrong about me, I haven't had 40 years of the EU. I voted leave in 1975. As I lost that one, only fair to let me have this one.
  7. I was thinking the same thing, i just dont understand civilised countries accepting this non elected government. I noticed that whenever PM whats his name visited foreign countries in the last couple of years hes been short shafted with being presented to minor party ministers, not the countries leaders, just shows how respected he is, and note how short his visits are. Not much fun when you have to arrange your own accomodation and meals lol.
  8. I am a foreigner and I have a thai partner(as in good friend) under whom I would like to start up a textile store, where we do the retail and wholesale business.The store will be under her name and investment will be from my side .Since its a small scale business so the investment would not be so much .But my concern is how do i involve in business ,how can i get work permit or should I be travelling on and off under business visa.which will be the best way to proceed kindly advice !!!
  9. There's a private group here called Thai-PAN that periodically does independent, 3rd party lab testing of various veggies and fruits bought at regular Thai wet markets and supermarkets. Normally, they just test regular fruits and veggies. But they also did a survey sometime back specifically on "organic" products bought at both wet markets and commercial supermarkets. Those were the results I was referring to above where a lot of the labeled "organic" products proved not to be organic at all. I'd be willing to pay a higher price for true organic fruits and veggies here. But I'm not willing to pay a higher price for fake organic stuff that really isn't. And the problem with the lack of meaningful Thai government regulation and enforcement in this area is there's really no way an average person has to know whether when they buy "organic" that's really what they're getting. That's why, for some time now, I've been buying all my veggies here as frozen and imported from the UK, typically Waitrose brand.
  10. Thaivisa's Final Whistle with Ex-England Footballer Gary Stevens [EP. 4] Each week ex-England and Spurs International Gary Stevens speaks to Jonathan Fairfield to review Thailand’s Football League 1 matches via the Dan about Thailand podcast service. Discussed this week is Manchester United's dismal performance away at Everton, the thrilling title race between Liverpool and Manchester City and Crystal Palace's shock win away at Arsenal. We also discuss a 12 goal thriller in the Thai League 1 between Chonburi and Chiang Mai, which saw Chonburi striker Lukian score 5 goals - highlights of which you can see below. For more information on Gary’s playing and coaching career click here. Connect with Gary on Twitter You can listen to the latest episode of The Final Whistle here: https://danaboutthailand.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/FW24APRIL.mp3 Subscribe: Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/dan-about-thailand/id1446813309?app=podcast&mt=2 Android: https://subscribeonandroid.com/danaboutthailand.com/feed/podcast/ RSS: https://danaboutthailand.com/feed/podcast/ If you would like to get your business involved in this show then email dan@choicegroupasia.com
  11. Prices and servicing seem to be where you live in my observations.
  12. "This is not up to the president. We did not ask him,"... a law saying the Treasury secretary "shall furnish" taxpayer data upon request from an authorized lawmaker. This is going to the SC.
  13. Different Ford tech 15 years back..Very little to go wrong....
  14. No.. As Transam wrote above, they are both separate documents (cards). You will be able to renew your 2 year Temporary Driving License to a 5 Year Driving License (If you are in Thailand on a Non-Immigrant Visa, if you are on a Tourist visa etc you can only renew for another 2 Year Temp License) You will have to go through the process of obtaining a 2 Year Temporary Motorcycle License. In getting the Motorcycle license at the same time you renew your driving license you will need to double up on documentation - the processes are considered separate, although can process both at the same time.
  15. Leave immediately equates to no deal Brexit, already ruled out and an absolute nightmare for UK. Hard border, no trade deals, no customs union etc. May's deal is the obvious one for the vote, I prefer Corbyn's deal obviously but thought that Ken Clark's deal was an acceptable compromise. Choose 1 and put it up against remain. The current thinking is that the vote would go to remain, which is why, of course, Brexiteers are so against another referendum.
  16. I am sure he would have served proudly and with distinction if it wasn't for those bone spurs.
  17. Well from what you said it appears far from you thinking that you know quite a bit, you actually know and understand extremely little about the situation there. Spend a few years there yourself and you might have your eyes opened. But hey myself and many others believe the South Korean authorities in their statements with respect to illegal Thai female workers there , but just you believe what you want if it makes you happy.
  18. Modern is now Castrol 747 BUT local mocy spares shops probably have Castor oil in small 50ml bottles. Just put a little in the gas tanks Still looking for image of said 50ml bottle
  19. This OP is a bit concerning. I have a Condo in Pattaya which is my official residence (rather like Downing Street!). I am registered there. All my documents are registered there (Bank accounts, driving licence, SIM cards etc.) and I did my TM30 for there like a good boy when I came back from the UK at the beginning of the month. And it's close to the airport bus stop and a short amble down the road to Chonburi Immigration office (where I was on Monday). But today I am enjoying the tranquility of our house in deepest Isaan. Soon I might go to our other condo several miles along the coast from Pattaya for a few days. I also spend about three months in the UK and about a month tourist travelling. If Immigration want to see me in my official residence it is going to have to be by prior arrangement! This new TM30 crackdown really gets to me. I have lived a well-behaved life in Thailand for over 8 years. I have spent over 6 million baht on various properties over that time (and yes, to the naysayers, i could afford to lose it). So why, by all that is holy, are the authorities suddenly so bloody paranoid about where I am?
  20. The drug war was sanctioned from above which is why they will never go after him about it. There was reportedly 2,800 people killed in that period, however the report has never been released so we cannot be sure of the actual figures or the sources. It is pertinent to note that the report was done under a less than impartial coup installed military government.
  1. Load more activity