BANGKOK 25 April 2019 19:06

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The govt is using black hole mathematics where normal laws of mathematics and physics do not apply. The govt deserves a Nobel Price in Creative Statistics.
  3. Could we have photos please... of the Russian Dancer, not Depp! I give the relationship one week before she heads to the lawyers and sues for divorce and half of his substantial wealth.
  4. Can somebody enlighten me what is a prapadander rag? Is it a newspaper that pandars to the Government.
  5. Quick recap of the dem 2020 candidates. Klobuchar - abusive to her staff. Warren - appropriation of a minority culture to further her career. Harris - rode her way to the top, unacceptable in the #metoo age. Biden, seriously creepy sniffing of females hair and general sexual inappropriateness. Beto - Irishman pretending to be Mexican, seems inappropriate for many reasons. Buttegieg - potential travel delays in Brunei, Saudi Arabia and other nations, probably not a good choice unless you can keep him on US soil. I would field Clinton again, worth it for the comedy value alone.
  6. Another stupid thread on the worthless pink card. These are same idiots who think their unstruct has some value.
  7. Can I suggest you get a Tabien Baan (yellow Book) - the Amphoe here in Pranburi just required a translation of my passport details into Thai and sight of our marriage cert and my wife's tabien baan (Blue book) - no charge and I use the yellow book as proof of residence. I haven't tried it out at the driving licence centre but will enquire when I tax my car tomorrow if that is acceptable for renewing driving licences instead of paying Immigration for a certificate
  8. New James Bond 25 film: LIVE cast announcement and 007 news as we find out who plays villain by EMMA POWELL The wait is nearly over to find out who will star in the upcoming Bond 25 film. Full Story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1097023-new-james-bond-25-film-live-cast-announcement-and-007-news-as-we-find-out-who-plays-villain/
  9. There was absolutely no confusion about the extension I was applying for, most of this was addressed to SWMBO in Thai, I did ask a couple of questions to clarify exactly what was needed. My speculation is that Udon office has decided that all extensions must have the "3 months after granting" requirements. In the same way that they have instituted a second proof of funds in place during the under consideration period. I was totally aware of the fact that the 3 months after was not in the amendment and only applied to retirement extensions but as the officer was in such a pleasant mood and it makes virtually no difference to my finances, I didn't feel inclined to argue the point. I make periodic visits to Udon anyway so will work it into my schedule.
  10. I live in Rayong and got my pink ID card at the local Amphur office, have to have a yellow book, took about fifteen minutes, think i paid 50 baht, have used it for renewing dirvers license, ID at post office reduced rates at several National Parks, reduced rates at some tourist attractions for me it has been worthwhile, don't have to go to immigration for Residency Certificate
  11. Hi so this hot weather has got the missus grumbling. We need an AC in the living room. We need 24,000 BTU. We live Klong Sam Wa. I don't want to buy from HomePro. Does anyone know a good brand - so many to choose from! Samsung? LG? Mitsubishi? Any ideas? Also, does anyone know a good place to buy from (with installation) near where we live? Thank you for your help! Cheers. J
  12. New James Bond 25 film: LIVE cast announcement and 007 news as we find out who plays villain by EMMA POWELL The wait is nearly over to find out who will star in the upcoming Bond 25 film. Film bosses will announce the cast, who will then take part in a live Q&A, from an iconic 007 location later today. Daniel Craig will reprise his role as the titular spy, with Ben Whishaw and Ralph Fiennes returning as Q and M respectively. Other characters have yet to be announced, including who will play Bond's enemy. Full Story: https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/new-james-bond-25-film-live-cast-announcement-and-news-as-we-find-out-who-plays-the-villain-a4125811.html
  13. Or referring to a bloke who is under the mistaken impression that he has become a woman as a man. https://bigleaguepolitics.com/canadian-man-fined-55k-for-misgendering-transgender-female/
  14. Uh oh. Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  15. At the end of the day the police can't be bothered with farang. You are not what they are after. A wind down of the window decides that, and a wave on is the norm.
  16. Netflix Movies Will Remain Eligible For Oscars by Ben Travis Earlier this year, a war seemed to be brewing in Hollywood in the tussle between the traditional theatrical model of distribution, and the increasing prevalence of streaming services like Netflix releasing their own content online for mass audiences. Full Story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1097022-netflix-movies-will-remain-eligible-for-oscars/
  17. Netflix Movies Will Remain Eligible For Oscars by Ben Travis Earlier this year, a war seemed to be brewing in Hollywood in the tussle between the traditional theatrical model of distribution, and the increasing prevalence of streaming services like Netflix releasing their own content online for mass audiences. Reports came in that the eligibility of streaming movies at the Oscars could be under threat, with proposed changes that would see films primarily set to be experienced on the small screen considered for Emmys instead. Now, the outcome of an Academy meeting is that the rules will not change – Netflix movies will still be eligible at the Oscars. “A film must have a minimum seven-day theatrical run in a Los Angeles County commercial theater, with at least three screenings per day for paid admission,” reads a statement on the Academy website. Full Story: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/netflix-movies-will-remain-eligible-oscars/
  18. Giving incomplete information can be a form of deception. You try to sell the changes for people without letters as overall positive when it's obviously overall negative. Don't believe me? Start the poll I suggested. Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  19. Awesome, will do. Just booked the flights. Any decent hotels close to the embassy that you would recommend?
  20. No it cannot identify you 'anywhere in Thailand' cuz it is restricted to the province where it was issued. Wake up Peter.
  21. Yes at why u are paying .more for the tourist Visa from £130 to £150 so they are just milking u
  1. Load more activity