All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeh sounds like big nok, he must have eventually found the pretty LB he was looking for, or did he settle down with an ugly one, as that is all he could find.
  3. Thailand still has a problem learning how to prioritize important issues from non issues I smell entrapment
  4. Salt farm, Pa Daeng Eastern Thailand: Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chonburi, Prachin Buri, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat
  5. It is rather pointless to try to tell someone else how much THEY will need to live, based on our own lifestyles. We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are. Do you pound away a a few bottles at lunch, a 6-pack at dinner, hit the hard stuff at night, and buy the dollies lady-drinks? Do you always eat at La Crystal or at the Shangrila Sunday buffet? Require a condo that was built in the last 2 years? Complete with the gym. sauna, pool, and restaurants? Then you're going to need a hell of a lot more money than many of us.
  6. Thanks a lot, that is very interesting. I have just had a message from Bangkok Bank that they have put 1,936.81 back into my account, so that was about 2/3rds of what was taken from my account.
  7. That didn't take long. The thread I linked goes some way towards explaining why people cease to post here. I could afford any motorbike on the Thai market, but i choose not to, would not suit our purposes. My primary transport is pedal-power, 800-1000km per month. MU-X and a Jazz if required. But this thread was an attempt at scooter conversations (probably doomed as the whining experts arrive).
  8. The Thai government is contemplating borrowing 172.3 billion baht from the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) to partly finance its digital wallet initiative. This move came after discussions at a coalition party meeting, where the Pheu Thai Party's proposed 500-billion-baht scheme was reviewed. Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin confirmed the decision, stating that consultations with the Council of State would address concerns regarding BAAC's authority. However, he redirected inquiries to Deputy Finance Minister Julapun Amornvivat. Julapun, addressing questions about the launch date, highlighted the necessity of ensuring the readiness and security of the scheme's operating system. Despite this, he expressed confidence in meeting the registration and disbursement timeline. The program aims to assist individuals aged 16 and above earning less than 70,000 baht monthly by providing 10,000 baht in digital currency for local purchases, with expectations of stimulating economic activity. Julapun noted the pending approval from the BAAC board for the loan, projected for October. The funding for the digital wallet initiative includes allocations from the 2025 fiscal year budget, reallocation from the current fiscal year's budget, and the proposed loan. In addressing concerns about BAAC's liquidity and staff benefits, Julapun assured sufficient liquidity and unaffected staff benefits, considering the government's ownership and strategic measures. Government spokesman Chai Wacharonke anticipates the scheme to boost the economy for several years, projecting an additional 1.2% to 1.8% growth due to the multiplier effect of digital money, reported The Thaiger. Top Picture courtesy of Sanook -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-24 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  9. I live in Issaan and was told by another Thai that people from Bangkok are buying land, which is forcing the price up
  10. subponea or not their testimony has the potential to fry donnie and the dunces as most of it is backed by extensive documentation as well as audio and video and much of it compliments of donnie and his big flapping mouth... As stated before to call it a witch hunt is yet another lie to convince trumpers that everybody is picking on donnie boy and he has done nothing wrong. If he is innocent then by all means drop the disrupt delay deny and get on with the trials so he can once and for all show what fools those of us who think he is a crook a criminal and a conman truly are.
  11. Bangkok sizzles at 40°C, heatwave scorches Thailand at 43°C by Nattapong Westwood Picture courtesy of wirestock, Freepik Thailand is currently experiencing sweltering heat, with temperatures soaring to a blistering 43 degrees Celsius in some areas, while Bangkok faces highs of around 40 degrees Celsius. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325794-bangkok-sizzles-at-40°c-heatwave-scorches-thailand-at-43°c/
  12. Research how much retirees have in the US. People who have had children spend a lot of their money raising them. if you never had kids, you cannot understand what it takes. The average,from looking around a bit, retirement in the US is $1781 a month, which means many get less. This is what their jobs set aside for them while working. We can't look at the developers, money movers or other jobs that hurt the earth or others because this isn't the normal workers. There are millions of useful jobs that don't pay much, and people need these jobs, as do all of us in some way, to survive. Many people have had decent jobs and have a good pension or retirement, but many do not.
  13. What address should paper returns be sent to, and would this be worth stating in the Guide, please?
  14. I knew someone with a similar lifestyle. They got sick though. Heart and mental problems from too much weed and booze. Eventually ended up in the hospital with a stroke. While in the hospital, a blood test showed he had HIV. Was a big fan like yourself of those giblets. But hey, you only live once why not enjoy it.
  15. Schwab handles my money, ask them.
  16. Need to subscribe to be able to read it
  17. It will be a giant step backward if Trump gets in. Did you buy any stock in DJT?
  18. and btw, what do you account for this 10x price increase in 11 years? I think land in Thailand may be in a bubble fueled by debt, which has largely peaked as people are so indebted today. It's not worth 40 million now is it? 2004 = 400k, 2015 = 4 mil, 2025 = 40 mil??
  19. It was embarrassing watching Trump try to claim that 1,000's of protestors were turned away by police. There were only a handful and they weren't turned away by police. Trump has reached the point where he will just make up a total lie and assume that his nutty supporters will believe it. Well wait, he's always done that.
  1. Load more activity