All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ok but you are paying way more than you should, people like you subsidise everyone else, well done
  3. Ordered April 14th from Qishou Shenzen as DDP and it arrived in Koh Samui today. I have an empty Seplos Mason 280 DIY chassis to put them in. The cells are EVE MB30 which are rated for 306Ah but in reality can deliver 330Ah and they are rated for 10000 recharge cycles. Flexible busbars and isolation sheets were included. Total price was $1168 + $289 for the freight or $90.5/cell at my doorstep, the Seplos chassis was around $500 earlier this year so $2000 for around 16KWh of ESS.
  4. Same ol' trollop. Nothing in Gov writing about the questions I asked you, what a surprise.....😂 UK pension is not stopped if you get caught fiddling, but it is reduced to the rate they say you moved to LOS, then they want the overpayment back, that is fact.... Is Tiber a bit worried about getting caught, yoooou bet.......😁
  5. Most foreigners that I have spoken to don't bother with insulation, let alone sissolation, and their reason being, it costs money and they are better off with the air conditioner going all day and night. Now who would I be to try and educate the uneducated, so to speak. You are correct when you say it is very unusual, however as I mentioned, it is not only the sissolation and insulation that gets rid of the heat load, you also have to have whirly birds, vented eaves and those saloon style looking slated door vents on a gable roof, mine having an attic clearance of 5 metres at its peak, also I didn't mention, we have high ceilings, i.e. 3.3 metres, which also helps.
  6. For further info. The solid red lines are the main road. The dash yellow is the street. The Swiss gent was on the street.
  7. This is the mentality of deranged university students that have been totally brainwashed by their tutors. This is the leader of Columbia uni anti Israel encampment Communists saying that Zionists don't deserve to live.
  8. Well thanks all for making it all perfectly clear ............ Benefit is not the OAP. So my 'friend' will get reported for sending money overseas once a year, or not. ?????
  9. this should be moved to the nobody cares section of the forums.
  10. Over the past decade I have whitnessed the Thai visa requirements going up both in price and burden on the applicants. It used to be a 5 minute process for me to apply in the consulate of my home country and was very straight foward and easy. Now it's multiple week process during which I can't talk to anyone (e-visa, in-person not allowed anymore) and a lot of documents being asked for. The process is also completely in english which a lot of older people are not comfortable with. I have now heard from over a dozen people who used to spend winter in Thailand and considered completely moving there for retirement that they gave up and chose other countries. I myself while not being at retirement age anytime soon am also getting annoyed more and more. I've experienced immigration officials coming up with completely made up requirements and issues now and then for no discernable reason. At some point it's just enough and you stop and ask yourself if that waste of your time and energy has to be in your life. People who have plenty of choices don't take the crap forever.
  11. What questions specifically have I not answered? I have shown you linkage to what you requested (benefit fraud) none therein. It seems yourself through abject jealousy and the eyewatering losses you have suffered want to drag everybody down that hole with you
  12. Hi Folks, After recently seeing a TV NEWS topic on this forum, I was, this morning, goaded into checking to see if the AC I purchased last year was still available, and for what price. Yes, there was ONE unit left being sold by this major retailer in ALL of Thailand. I immediately ordered the very last one to be sent up here from BKK. It was touch and go, because the sales clerk repeatedly told me that BKK was now out of stock. But, after repeatedly asking, finally, she admitted that, YES, there was on unit left down there in inventory. SO I WANT TO THANK TV (Formerly known as AseanNow)!!!! Yes. In the past, on several important occasions, TV has saved me money. Or, TV has goaded me into buying something that I did not know I needed. In this case: I bought this.... The only reason I mention this is because: CHECK OUT THE EER....!!! SEER = 23 This is what I was trying to in one of my last comments about the importance of putting EFFICIENCY FIRST when choosing an AC. Never buy a machine that is not at least 23. And, also, I like to look at the women here who are 24, as I mentioned in a previous Topic. ============= But here is the problem: While at this retailer, there was a Thai family who was also looking at the ACs on offer. And, I think they had decided on a machine for about Bt.16000. One of them had on a university T-shirt, in fact. So, while they were discussing their impending purchase, and I use the word 'impending' advisedly, I sidled over to ask their sales clerk: Would you please tell me the SEER/EER ratio for this particular AC unit? Yes, says he. The SEER is..... 13.5 Hearing this... I immediately felt sad and depressed. Why... Oh, Why... Did the sales clerk not explain that....compared to a high-efficiency AC.... The AC that he was selling this family was so much less efficient, and would use so much MORE power, and cost so much more to run??? How does the machine I purchased compare to a unit with an SEER of 13.5? Just do simple division... 23/13.5 = 1.7 My machine is about 70 percent more efficient. I will save a LOT on energy costs. Why is this not explained to consumers here???? It is not difficult to find an AC with a decent efficiency rating in Thailand. Anything over 21 might be OK for most people. And so, the question BEGS.... WHY DON'T THEY TEACH THIS in THAILAND'S SCHOOLS?????? Regards, Gamma
  13. keep pushing and pushing them, dont give up, theyll get bored and do something. As an aside I had on the 5th floor water backing up into my sink once, reckon all the other people in the building threw their cooking oil down the drains blocking or restricting the main pipe which all floors feed into. Office said it wasnt their problem, told em to go to the access point and rod the main pipe.They did nowt until we started to push them however I couldnt wait any longer, in the end I rerouted the sink waste into a washing machine wastepipe as I have the full plans for the building and the two arent linked and as such no one can chuck cooking fat into that separate pipe. Both are grey water so its no problem . Id rather sort out problems myself but as yours is an exterior wall its THEIR problem, get a lawyer to send them a letter, kick up a fuss otherwise theyll just keep smiling away forever and a day
  14. You even referenced him before in previous threads when he was posting. Sorry, you have confirmed what I have known all along.
  15. I too would like to hear if any recent updates as I have to renew next month. Two years ago when I tried to get residence certificate from Samui Immigration to change ownership of motor scooter, they refused, saying they no longer did them. Tried DMV and Tessaban without success.
  16. Sat pic from 2015 had full white lines for all 4 entrance points, but what happens when an intersection is split by a rail track and no stop line or signal before crossing road no 2? Does entrance no 1 allow the right of way to cross no 2?
  17. It supports the claim that he liked Nazi Germany generals. And. Read Hitlers book.
  18. What I meant was, the USSR initially, in 1939, was an ally of Germany and invaded Poland alongside Germany. The only reason they switched sides was because Hitler invaded Russia. That's why they say "Can't trust Putin any more than you could trust Hitler".
  19. Frozen pension policy turns British expat's dream into a nightmare Creative Common License via Google Foreigners resident in Thailand are beginning to feel a financial strain due to the UK government's pension freeze policy. Three British individuals have experienced this challenge, providing insights about a difficult reality that contrasts sharply with the country's sunny appeal. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325999-frozen-pension-policy-turns-british-expats-dream-into-a-nightmare/
  20. Just as I thought, you cannot answer my questions, which I have asked many times of you, over the years...............
  21. Echo Chamber. Bingo!!!! Again! You can’t help it can you?
  22. Honestly. Have no idea who you are talking about. Sad all you do is blast liberals. Shows what's wrong with America.
  1. Load more activity