BANGKOK

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sounds like a great idea, but don't fill it with work benches. One bench should be enough, you can use the rest of the space for a refrigerator full of beer, a bar and barstools , a pool table, darts, Heck, perhaps even get rid of the one workbench it will only get in the way!!
  3. Sooooo, nobody would claim that there is a 99% consensus among geologists about tectonic plate theory based on published work, would they?
  4. Being happy and satisfied in Thailand these day is equal to be stupid, blind and ignorant!’ I can live with that
  5. My friend in Lop Buri wishes to buy a travel backpack. Maybe an Osprey or Tortuga. Does anyone know of a store in Lop Buri that may sell these?? Thank You in advance for your help!
  6. Because the rest is a desperate attempt to cover his rear end and the flood is starting on people speaking out trying to protect themselves
  7. Haha, you know you are in Thailand right? Can you think of any other service that is well advertised, is actually illegal and yet is allowed. You should be able to.
  8. I'm here on an O-A and I'm not trying to game the system. I've been here 14 years on a variety of visas, most of which are no longer available. Now I'm here on a O-A issued last month. i would gladly have converted any of my prior visas to to an O and then went for a Retirement Extension but there is no way to do that at Chiang Mai Immigration without paying an additional 15,000 baht to an agent, in addition to all the other fees. I'll gladly put 800k baht in a Thai bank rather than pay for insurance I don't need. If the rules don't change when my 2 years are up and I can't get a second O-A visa, I'll go back to METV's. If I can no longer get those either, I'll get a SETV and pack up and leave at the end of my permission to stay. Meanwhile, I'll be one of the first to test the new requiremnts. I'm leaving next week and come back the first week in Nov. I don't have time to investigate the useless insurance before I go. According to everything I've read (I read every post in this thread) I won't have a problem re-entering on my O-A issued last month, but no one really knows.
  9. No sir unfortunately it’s only a pause hopefully it will save some lives
  10. The NHS does charge non residents for their services, including Brits who have been out of the UK for a certain period. It is only free for UK citizens, and at the moment those from the EEA,in a reciprocal agreement, although that is likely to change if there is a no deal brexit.
  11. The Turkish foreign minister just said that Turkey did no agree to a ceasefire, it;s only a 120 hour "cessation" to let the Kurds relocate their families and said absolutely nothing that agreed with Pence that once they leave their wiould be a permanent ceasefire. It's just Trump et all putting their spin on it!
  12. If you have room and space. The best option would be to build one.
  13. Yes, I call my cat 'dog'..... it makes no difference whatsoever to the cat, but confuses people and makes me look stupid!
  14. go to face book and search food for foreigner. They post anywhere
  15. So, I'll ask you the time honoured questions. What are your solutions? How much CO2 does humanity create compared with natural sources? Can we actually change climate, and to what should we change it? Has the sea risen where you are? Is overpopulation a factor, or is it the main factor in man made CO2. Is it even possible to replace every fossil fuelled vehicle on the planet in the next 10 years. Complaining without solutions is like a dog yapping at passing cars- makes zero difference ( IMO ).
  16. And? This is commonplace, no different than agent obtained retirement extensions.
  17. From your local yaba dealer?
  18. Living in a Condo, I miss having a garage, work bench etc. Have always thought about getting a group together to rent a shed, fill it with work benches, tools etc. You would have a place to do repairs/projects, hang out.
  19. Government website state that you can apply for 2 month extension during 90 days period.
  20. https://feherhelmets.com/
  21. What are some good online company's in Thailand selling western food? I have tried the search button but no luck. Many thanks
  22. "For the past five years, under the leadership of Prime Minister Prayut, he said national budget has increased year after year, but the country remains stuck and scarcely moving forward." I think 'moving backwards' would be a more appropriate description.
  23. Govt stresses efforts to help the poor BANGKOK (NNT) - After four ministers held talks with the Assembly of the Poor, a Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office assigned as the main negotiator, yesterday received suggestions in person from the Assembly, while reassuring those involved that the government has long been committed to solving their issues, but some cases may take longer if involved with policies and law. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1129171-govt-stresses-efforts-to-help-the-poor/
  24. Govt stresses efforts to help the poor BANGKOK (NNT) - After four ministers held talks with the Assembly of the Poor, a Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office assigned as the main negotiator, yesterday received suggestions in person from the Assembly, while reassuring those involved that the government has long been committed to solving their issues, but some cases may take longer if involved with policies and law. A Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office Tewan Liptapallop, who is the chairman of the negotiating team with the Assembly of the Poor, yesterday held talks with Assembly representatives to discuss ways to solve their problems, which include the failure of a private company to provide employment termination compensation as required by law, and suggestions for the Ministry of Labour to amend employment-related law such as the Labour Relations Act, the Social Security Act, and related laws to ensure fair treatment of employees. Mr Tewan said he has been alerted to many issues by the Assembly, and will be forwarding these cases to relevant ministries for further investigation and to find solutions before the next meeting, adding that the government will regularly hold meetings with the Assembly. He said the Assembly understood the government’s role in examining some of these issues which may take a lengthy period to resolve, especially those addressing existing policies and law, however the government has confirmed it will pursue these cases to lessen the hardships faced by Assembly members, but the length of time required is unclear. "Listening to their concerns, I looked at many aspects. I think today the Assembly for the Poor is really facing hardships. They just want all problems to end. They also understand some issues will take some time to solve as they require actions at the policy level. We will do all we can for issues we can address now, but those requiring policy and law amendment will take some time." -- © Copyright NNT 2019-10-18 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  25. To raise peoples quality of life Yes raise quality of life for him and his cronies, nobody else.
  1. Load more activity