BANGKOK 22 April 2019 17:18

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. How Christian it might be to divert a large proportion of the near €1bn raised to repair a tourist attraction, and divert it to help those devasted lives of this atrocity? Macron said he would be happy to afford the repairs.
  3. No, worked for me about 1 hour back.
  4. What you say “Pongpat” is true... there is the expat club which meets one a week that has helpful advice for “farangs” living in Pattaya. Also many of my retired Western buddies belong to various sport groups -( even Chess)... but I still think it’s easier to meet “real people “ in BKK Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  5. In my experience the ones complaining the loudest are the ones who were misrepresenting the amount they received from their respective embassies - hoping against hope that the immigration service will become afraid by the uproar they are causing and somehow allow them to continue to misrepresent their retirement income.
  6. Well, we're not all sexpats for one thing. Also Thailand isn't the only choice for sexpats and some of those choices are in Latin America. But if you want to argue that Thailand is tops in the world for sexpats, OK, fine, I don't really have an opinion on that.
  7. Oh..sorry bout that..still not a perfect pc world now..is it?? Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  8. So, it sounds like you're doing a visa run every 30 days. If so, why? That's not what tourist visas are for.
  9. Yeah, mostly down to just running the fan by then, outdoor unit is kicking in occasionally but the movement of air is important to comfort. Static air at that temperature is stifling.
  10. You completely deflected my post. I was talking about paying to educate women in poor countries, not right wing policies. If you want to talk about right wing policies, don't quote my post.
  11. Yes I received it the day after it was posted on the embassy website. I suggest you read some of the posts in the topic on the home country (link in post #2). People have already contacted the office in Manila about it and have been told they are not ready yet to process the direct deposit forms for Thailand.
  12. There was a trial a few years back at many government hospitals to see how acceptable and effective it would be. That is already finished and results publushed. I think the larger government hospitals will have it now but nay lumit it to high risk women. You can't just go and ask for the test. Would have to see a doctor for antenatal care and ask the doctor to order it. Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  13. Good to see Online Netizens have been hard at work. Lets hope they got some OUTRAGE stoked up for the time they spent on it. Isn't that what it's all about?!
  14. So, he paid for the house, "tricked" her into giving him a thirty-year lease. Half over now. I would advise her to wait another 15 years and get the whole amount. I would not trust the guy. He will sell and take the whole amount. He failed to live up to his end of the deal, youth, and beauty for security for her. In 15 years it will be hers. Patience.
  15. I recommend Penang be avoided for tourist visas. There have been some arbitrary requirements imposed sometimes, such as demanding you have a flight back to your home country, and they frequently use the "travels frequently to Thailand as a tourist" stamp that makes future visa applications harder. Many get their visas without incident, but I still regards Penang as a consulate to avoid. Kuala Lumpur is better these days.
  16. That would have been my first thought. Get a receipt and the problem is theirs.
  17. Sounds like Durians are good for making your body a human test tube. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. I read it a couple of years ago on the Samui thread, but others posted that the medical check from the government hospital in Nathon was around THB 750, so they had gone to Thai Inter Hospital, Chaweng for THB250. I followed their advice, and my last two checks were THB250 from Thai Inter. Both accepted without problem at Samui Immigration.
  19. That is legal now for medicinal purposes. Quite easy to apprehend the certificate.
  20. What comes around, goes around. He's a very nice and generous man. He deserves better.
  21. It is not just defined to the Cons. Labour also. A big shock coming the UK's way with regards to the two main parties. 'What you reap is what you Sow' is a suitable quote for these two parties. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nigel-farage-uses-tom-watsons-words-as-brexit-party-rallying-cry-70lc62g09 Nigel Farage says that he will capitalise on Labour’s divisions about a second Brexit referendum after Tom Watson, its deputy leader, accused his own party of “mealy mouthed” support for another public poll. Mr Watson said yesterday that Labour would not defeat the Brexit Party if it looked like it half agreed with it. Mr Farage said he would use Mr Watson’s words to target Labour’s heartlands. “If Tom Watson thinks that the Labour Party going for a second referendum is going to solve everything I have got news for him, because if you go to south Wales or the Midlands or the north of England you find Labour constituencies with big Leave majorities. Five million people who voted Brexit also voted for Mr Corbyn in 2017.” A second referendum would be a “total insult” to Labour voters who supported Brexit, Mr Farage said, adding: “I now intend to wholeheartedly target Labour lies and dishonesty.” Nigel Farage says that he will capitalise on Labour’s divisions about a second Brexit referendum after Tom Watson, its deputy leader, accused his own party of “mealy mouthed” support for another public poll. Mr Watson said yesterday that Labour would not defeat the Brexit Party if it looked like it half agreed with it. Mr Farage said he would use Mr Watson’s words to target Labour’s heartlands. “If Tom Watson thinks that the Labour Party going for a second referendum is going to solve everything I have got news for him, because if you go to south Wales or the Midlands or the north of England you find Labour constituencies with big Leave majorities. Five million people who voted Brexit also voted for Mr Corbyn in 2017.” A second referendum would be a “total insult” to Labour voters who supported Brexit, Mr Farage said, adding: “I now intend to wholeheartedly target Labour lies and dishonesty.”
  22. COD an now avoid anything from China, seems to be most of it! If you send stuff back via post only one or two places in Bkk, as far as I know accept, 7/11 never used.
  23. Well you obviously did, enough to comment on it.... So why the back-pedal? Could it be that with a degree of hindsight you recognize the flaw in your comment and with the implication that a Helmet may not always be necessary because other injuries can kill you... It looks like English may not be your first language, thus, it's understandable If that was not your intended point and we have misunderstood. But then you go on to accuse anyone who has commented on the helmet falling off of being drunk drivers themselves, which is a bit of a stretch. Who care's anyway?... a rather amusing attempt to save face instead of accepting you simply jumped the gun and made a rather dim post.
  24. understand the guy, it is his money. However made a verbal promise to pay her. That is a hot issue , as he of course didnt pay at all. Tough a verbal promise is also legally (Thailand?), however to proof it? DOnt know about breaking lease contract, thats for a Thai lawyer to see. IF they both agree, ok, its done. WIth selling, she can brings in to transfer the money (50%) to her account. Include in selling contract. Still, of course a Thai lawyer in real estate specialized, is needed, to make it work right. ! As i said i can understand the guy, but to break the promise, is low in human standards. SHe was young then and believed the f****. I hope she learned form that and never do again, always black and white and signed !! Sadly otherwise, she has to wait another 15 years. ut guess the alien wants to get out. SO thats a strong point again to work with, as he wants out. But then never believe his blue eyes again and make harsh commitments in selling the property, on paper, black and white, signed !! Legally working !! Also be aware what is the selling price ! HE could sell on paper for little money and get some money afterwards after sell from buyer. For instance sell for 2 million on paper and asking 3 million arranged with buyer , not included for the contract papers, but 1 million in his pocket not to be divided then. It is fraude, but this guy could act like that.
  1. Load more activity