All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I live in Issan and I'm Australian. I know what hot is but as I say this is not a heatwave. It's simply bloody hot everyday. Apart from this I've been here twenty years so I have a pretty good idea about the weather.
  3. Quick! Get up to Mae Sot in Tak Province where you will find at least a thousand Burmese without passports. Potential 'Brownie' points.😀
  4. If Hamas gave the hostages back, Israel's onslaught of Rafah wouldn't be stopped. It would just be delayed a week or so.
  5. Do you really think airlines scroll through embassy Facebook pages to get their boarding requirements 😆
  6. Yes but overall total charges icl. flight not that bad. I've flown VietJet many times from CM and from Swampy to both Hanoi and to Ho Chi Minh. Check-in/ boarding never experienced any issues whatever, food ordered was great, cabin staff very obliging, always polite and courteous and they speak advanced English. Several times on arrival a VietJet ground staff approached just after leaving the aircraft and politely asked if I needed any help re visa or whatever. I didn't, all done in advance. One trip to Ho CHi Minh I did passport quickly, bag already on the carousel and I changed some money. I went outside and ran into one of the polite / focused Vietjet male cabin crew from my flight. He asked If he could help in any way, I responded 'I'm looking for a driver with my name on a board to take me to my hotel'. He asked for name of my hotel and wrote in on the back of my boarding pass, then he headed, with me following for a microphone to make a public announcement and a minute later driver appeared through the crowd. Vietjet boy ensured I and my luggage safely in the car, I thanked him and we said bye bye. Nice experience.
  7. Saying you suspected something makes it sound like he was doing something wrong , Just shrug your shoulders and say "who cares"
  8. That is evading the question. You are running down Israel for trying to win its war, yet you were in the RAF doing what you were told, which may have been attacking populated targets to get the job done..... The blokes in the Israeli air force are doing the same thing, what they are told to do. WWII, most of Europe, N.Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, whatever, there were civilian casualties to win against aggression.. You cannot tell me any different...🤔
  9. I think that 40+ Celsius in April is very normal in Thailand.
  10. Why are we listening to this grandma? I'm not scared Americans should be scared about the millions of random illegal aliens that have illegally entered the southern border in the last 4 years. No one even knows who these people are and they are coming from Africa, China, Middle East, and of course South America. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN Look at Biden's excellent work:
  11. I actually had a stuttered laugh at this. Not really in good taste or very PC. But each to their own.
  12. PR holders can use the auto-gates (3 or 4 lanes) on departure, but I have never tried since they came into operation a few months ago, as I never travel Economy, don't want to queue and have 2 passports. Pre COVID I used the auto-gates all the time for several years.
  13. Buds aren't recommended and if you're not careful they will drive the wax in further. The cotton tip can even come off and lodge in your ear (it happened to me). They are best for just cleaning the outer ear. However, if you have an adjustable shower head and put it on the strongest setting, you can use it to flush out the ear. Just direct the flow into the ear. It might take a few attempts though.
  14. If Immigration put a charming ittle post-it note in your passport w/ the next reporting date, then that's your official notification for this time. Roll with it. Far as I know the 90-day reporting date has never reset on extension day. It resets 90 days from your last report. Farang have never understood the reasoning behind this and continually whinged about it, but it is what it is. Online reporting has taken away most of the pain--when it works, which seems to be most of the time IF you fill out the online form correctly. But they may invite you in for an in-person check anyway, as they did for me last time. I think I should be good again going forward.
  15. Thai Woman Criticizes Clinic for Laser Hair Removal Creative Common License via Google A Thai woman named Saowaluck, aged 36, has criticized a beauty clinic in Pathum Thani province, near Bangkok, blaming them for causing an infection in her private area after a laser hair removal procedure. She demands that the clinic be held accountable for their actions. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325897-thai-woman-criticizes-clinic-for-laser-hair-removal/
  16. It's not accurate. Trump did claim the 2016 election was rigged: 🤣 - before the election, when polls were against him, - after the election, he was ashamed he had lost the popular vote, so he claimed thete had been 3 million fake voters. He even created an investigation committee about it. As the other GOP committees, it went nowhere.... https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-longstanding-history-calling-elections-rigged-doesnt-results/story?id=74126926 Oh, and he also claimed the 20212 election was rigged! 😃
  17. A Thai woman named Saowaluck, aged 36, has criticized a beauty clinic in Pathum Thani province, near Bangkok, blaming them for causing an infection in her private area after a laser hair removal procedure. She demands that the clinic be held accountable for their actions. Seeking justice, Saowaluck approached the non-profit group Saimai Survive. During a press conference on April 24, Saowaluck shared that she experienced intense pain and later an infection as a result of the laser treatment. She narrated that the procedure led to the development of infected blisters in her private area, which required hospitalization for three days. Despite this, her illness did not improve, and the clinic dismissed its blunder. Saowaluck informed that she found the beauty clinic on Facebook, where she paid 2,000 baht for a laser hair removal treatment. The service was done on April 18 around 4 pm. To her concern, a clinical staff member performed the procedure, not a doctor. After the treatment, she experienced pain in her private area and alerted the clinic, but the staff dismissed her complaints as typical post-treatment symptoms. The next day, her condition worsened, and blisters appeared in her private area, with an overall deterioration of the skin. She had a fever and contacted the clinic for advice before deciding to go to the hospital for further examination. Hospital officials diagnosed Saowaluck with a vulva infection, estimating the treatment costs to be between 20,000 to 30,000 baht. After informing the clinic about her situation, Saowaluck asked them for a 20,000 baht financial assistance, which they agreed to provide. However, after a three-day hospital stay costing 43,000 baht, Saowaluck asked the clinic for the agreed 20,000 baht, but the clinic refused, arguing the infection wasn't a result of the laser treatment. Instead, they chose to refund the 2,000 baht service fee only. Despite being distraught, Saowaluck stated she only requested for treatment costs, not additional compensation from the clinic. During the press conference, Saowaluck collapsed due to symptoms of depression and panic, which reportedly occur when she is stressed. The matter has been reported to the Pathum Thani Provincial Public Health Office. The office has promised to investigate the clinic, looking specifically into their license and if procedures are performed by certified doctors. Caption: Creative Common License via Google -- 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  18. Invited by the PM And they got a free 3 month visa + 2 months more. do they run mafias ?
  19. In its pure form, it's neutral. But in solution, the ph is generally around 4 or 5. So it's a weak acid. This is why most dentists don't recommend using it as a mouthwash. It's also used to white teethen as well as bleach hair, of course. By the way, it can also cure herpes.
  1. Load more activity