All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Drug addiction is classed as a illness, some never recover from addictive illness. Alcohol being one of the worst. Deport him home for treatment, the only treatment in Thailand is to become a monk.
  3. In a country where 50% of the population still believes in angels, laws can't be expected to be rational.
  4. I'm not stuck on WU. If you know of any better options, would love to hear about them. Thanks.
  5. You cannot be seriously attributing that to Trump? Putin does exactly as he wants and as we are seeing at the moment, to a lesser extent so does Netanyahu. Trump would have had no effect on either conflict. His claim that he could stop the war in Ukraine in 1 day should be taken in the same way as his claim that Covid wouldn't kill anymore than 100,000 Americans. The total to date is now 1,219,487. Shame the bleach didn't work. The man doesn't even have half a brain, yet over 74 million people voted for him in 2020 - speaks volumes about the American electorate! The UK went through its own period of lunacy with Johnson - another who claimed there were witchhunts against him. Nutter or not, at least he had the decency to resign.
  6. Hello everyone. I have approx 100k baht in cash on hand (not in a bank) and I want to send it to a personal bank account in the USA. I do not have a Thai bank account. Can I walk into a Western Union branch in Bangkok (or another transfer service) and hand over cash for transfer to an overseas bank? Online research on this subject has been confusing. For example, some sites say "you can transfer cash" but they really mean via an online app that links to a Thai bank for a bank-to bank transfer, which I can not do. Any advice would be appreciated.
  7. Maybe but he's getting more airtime with his rants outside court. Listening to one of his 'Witchhunt' speeches just now, I find it incredulous that anyone at all votes for him - seriously! Make America Great Again??? All he does is make American people the laughing stock of the world - again. You can hear more sense spoken at a kindergarden. The easiest prediction ever..........if he loses the forthcoming election, he won't accept it and will launch into yet another round of stolen votes speeches.
  8. Couple Of F-16 Jets Join 4 Others In Patrolling Thai-Myanmar Border By Thai Newsroom Reporters Thai air force F-16 Fighting Falcon jets. Photo: Thai Rath A COUPLE OF THE THAI AIR FORCE’S F-16 Fighting Falcon jets today (Apr. 19) joined four others of the same type in conducting regular air patrols over Thai territory across the border from the war-torn Myanmar. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325432-couple-of-f-16-jets-join-4-others-in-patrolling-thai-myanmar-border/
  9. Today
  10. This is not over yet,a bigger storm is brewing. He has some real enemies and some powerful allies. Will the truth ever come out?Maybe,if he can stay alive. We all now who is running the country now,and it is not the elected government. We live in interesting times!
  11. A COUPLE OF THE THAI AIR FORCE’S F-16 Fighting Falcon jets today (Apr. 19) joined four others of the same type in conducting regular air patrols over Thai territory across the border from the war-torn Myanmar. Both General Dynamics F-16A/B fighter jets from Wing 1 in Nakhon Ratchasima are operating as a fresh addition to the four F-16A/Bs from Wing 4 in Takhli with air patrol missions in Thai air space over Mae Sarieng district of Mae Hong Son and Mae Sot district of Tak, opposite Hpapun and Myawaddy townships in Kayin state of Myanmar respectively, according to an air force source. The six F-16A/Bs are practically rotating to fly in their shared mission for the day/night air patrols along the Thai-Myanmar border whilst the air force pilots have been instructed to literally see to it that no foreign combat aircraft “stray” from inside Myanmar into Thai air space, either purposely or inadvertently, over those border areas which could otherwise adversely affect Thai villagers, the source said. By Thai Newsroom Reporters Thai air force F-16 Fighting Falcon jets. Photo: Thai Rath Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-04-20 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  12. French Woman Arrested On Attempted Kidnap, Robbery Charges by TNR Staff A FRENCH woman was arrested at a hotel in Silom area on the charges of heading a gang that had hatched a plan to kidnap the daughter of a high-society family for 200 million baht ransom, Amarin TV said today (Apr. 19). At 10 p.m. last night Metropolitan Police arrested Ms.Sandra Christina Marie Diersten, 45, at a hotel in Silom Soi 3 under a warrant issued on April 5, 2024. Police said they took action after this well-known family, whose initial is Sor, had filed a complaint at Thong Lor police station that a gang of foreigners intended to kidnap their daughter and rob them of 200 million baht. However the plot collapsed after one of the gang members changed his mind and alerted the family. Upon being informed police conducted an investigation then obtained an arrest warrant for the suspect. Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-04-20 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  13. "over 3 million monthly users" I'd love to know what this means, and what the source of this is. Monthly users is a strange metric. Does this mean 3 million people tune in every month? I can't imagine that to be the case.
  14. Thai Police Capture French Mastermind Allegedly Involved in Kidnap and Ransom Scheme By Kittisak Phalaharn Bangkok—At 10:00 PM, on April 18th, 2024, Thai metropolitan investigative police captured a French mastermind who was allegedly involved in the kidnap and ransom scheme of a millionaire’s daughter at a hotel in Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok. Ms. Sandra Christina Marie Dierstein, a 45-year-old French national, was a prime suspect according to the criminal court’s arrest warrant. According to the police report, a millionaire’s family reported to Thonglor police that a group of foreigners schemed to rob and kidnap the daughter of the family for ransom of 200 million baht. However, the scheme was exposed by one of the accomplices to the victim’s family. The police investigated the case and requested arrest warrants from the criminal court for Sandra, the alleged French mastermind of the scheme. Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-20 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  15. I simply like toying with numbers. Cost really isn't an issue, though I keep it practical. Don't need a truck, 4X4, 7 psgr SUV. luxury or a high performance car. Just the 2 of us. Most of our driving isn't even necessary. But if owning a car, any car, is going to put a crimp on your finances, simply live in a town/area that has decent public trans. I guess why most expats enjoy Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Pattaya, even Udon Thani had decent baht buses for cheap transport around town and surrounding area. I can't deal with the congested areas, and simply enjoy the freedom & independence of a car, though realize it is a luxury expense for many now of days. Definitely can cost as much as your housing cost. A vehicle buy in, cost to operate/maintain, (especially ICE) and insure is probably one's largest monthly expense, if new car. Especially if you trade in every 3 or 4 yrs. Even keeping it 10 yr. 700k buy in, 70k a year, shy of 6k a month, before you use it. 6k car ... 200 baht a day sitting in your carport 4.5k for 91 (20k kms year) 10k+ monthly before insurance & maintenance. 333 baht a day, when buses cost 10-20 baht, though most live in 15 minute city scenario anyway. Same as most folk's monthly rent & eclectic cost, if living on the cheap.
  16. to whom? besides thais yes cos they are THAI what if im boarding china air? or korean? or EVA air?..incorrect again..im whatever my PASSPORT says im from...asian--european--american-swiss..... the cops arresting here didnt call her that ,as SHE has NEVER been to LOS and nor have the police who are NOT THAI as thais will do...in thailand and from thai mouths oh the irony.....SMH good grief......read b..then read the exact opposite d.....you just contradicted yourself.....if a tourist is in thailand..thais may call them farang as is THAI culture...end of story
  17. Pattaya Wanlai Day 2024 Draws Tens of Thousands of Tourists By Aim Tanakorn Pattaya —The Wan Lai Festival, also known as the Big Day of Songkran, kicked off yesterday, April 19th, transforming the city’s world-famous beachfront into a lively spectacle of water splashing. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325431-pattaya-wanlai-day-2024-draws-tens-of-thousands-of-tourists/
  18. Pattaya —The Wan Lai Festival, also known as the Big Day of Songkran, kicked off yesterday, April 19th, transforming the city’s world-famous beachfront into a lively spectacle of water splashing. The atmosphere along Pattaya Beach Road, from Pattaya Klang Intersection to Walking Street in South Pattaya, was electric as thousands of Thai and international tourists immersed themselves in the last day of Songkran festivities. The 2-kilometer stretch was transformed into a water playground, with the city authorities setting up water spraying trucks and private businesses organizing various entertainment activities and traditional games. The city also set up a major music stage headlined by famous Thai rock act Retrospect. By Aim Tanakorn Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-20 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  19. Russian and Israeli Motorbike Riders Arrested for Drunk Driving in Patong By Goongnang Suksawat Patong – Russian and Israeli Motorbike riders were arrested in Patong for drunk driving. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325430-russian-and-israeli-motorbike-riders-arrested-for-drunk-driving-in-patong/
  20. Patong – Russian and Israeli Motorbike riders were arrested in Patong for drunk driving. The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that earlier this week they had set up a police checkpoint on the Phra Metta Road in Patong after midnight until 2:30 A.M.. Two suspicious male foreign motorbike riders were stopped at the police checkpoint. They were both aged 28-years-old and were Russian and Israeli. By Goongnang Suksawat Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-04-20 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  1. Load more activity