BANGKOK 26 April 2019 15:11

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sorry, strike two. You’re posting the fees from a third-party consultant/ construction firm, quoting THEIR fees for various permits. Additionally, none of those fees refers to a building permit (i.e. actually building something and not for Modification, Destruction, Relocation, or Change of Usage, etc.).
  3. Lawyers should never ask a Southern grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer. In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?" She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you." The lawyer was stunned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?" She again replied, "Why, yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him." The defense attorney almost died. The judge asked both lawyers to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you to the electric chair.
  4. Macron is not the first French leader to talk about either abolishing the ENA or narrowing the wide gulf between France's grandes ecoles like the ENA and its public universities. Yeah, let's dumb the whole lot down. Otherwise, some people might learn to think for themselves.
  5. I bet all his neighbours and just about everyone in chaweng noi must be crapping it !! Having looked at what he does he seems to be connected to the lord almighty by the fact he only wears the same white shirt and he sells boxes than can cure and treat all kind of things all over the world !! I have some miracle rocks if anyone is interested , they will guarantee you good health and to win the lottery !!
  6. Pointing out to you that you are posting your criminal activity on the internet is not being self-righteous, however your attempts to call your bribe something else is. As for your wife, her fears are probably warranted, in my experience, those who go down the paying bribes road just keep paying them till their money is gone, once the official knows they are dealing with a mug, why would they stop?
  7. Course I've heard of him oh dyslexic one.... He was a journeyman, injury prone striker who opened a chippy whilst at Accrington Stanley. Coaching (and poaching!) kids at your academy isn't he? His son does do an impressive Karius impression though
  8. It does not matter what amber means in the UK or here. All that matters is you got a ticket for it for a very paltry sum. You can usually negotiate these tickets onsite too, or even get out of many of them completely. It is so great. Whether you are right or wrong does not matter in the slightest. Whether tou figure out the Thai law does not matter in the slightest. Just think if these tickets as tax to drive in Thailand. Like adding .001 baht to every liter of gas you put in your vehicle. Just pay it up, be glad you do not have to deal with western style bureaucracy and ridiculously expensive points systems, and go on your merry way. The system is so good here and people won't realize it and I just can never understand that.
  9. Would definitely foregone the 100 euro rather than the publicity. No such thing as bad publicity doesn't apply here i guess!
  10. Yolida brand...it's thai but there must be a farang behind the controls. Otherwise they would fark it up. Available at the big supermarkets Very close to the real thing.
  11. Yes..... thanks .....as you have described is also my understanding .
  12. The awful irony is that all too often they puppets whose strings are being pulled by much larger, darker forces. Al Qaeda and its even more bloodthirsty offshoot ISIS did not receive their funding, training and equipment from Allah, as a little judicious research will confirm.
  13. Yeah they really don't like competition the whole country is a "closed shop"
  14. Insults, When They had Class "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Winston Churchill "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -- Groucho Marx "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -- Oscar Wilde "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play, bring a friend. If you have one." -- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill followed by Churchill's response: "Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second, if there is one." "He is a self-made man and worships his creator." -- John Bright "I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." -- Irvin S Cobb "He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up." -- Paul Keating "He had delusions of adequacy." -- Walter Kerr "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde
  15. I suggest you start here Protective Behaviours develops personal safety skills that can be used by children, young people and adults to keep them safe and work towards reducing violence and abuse in the community. Over recent years there has been an increased awareness of all aspects of children's safety, particularly that of personal safety. Protective Behaviours https://www.protective-behaviours.org.au/ Protective behaviours to teach your children https://www.secasa.com.au/...behaviour/protective-behaviours-to-teach-your-children/ May 20, 2015 - You can start teaching children as young as 2-3 years of age about their bodies and personal boundaries. Naming body parts - When in the ...
  16. Agree with parts of your post but this "as long as the front of your vehicle entered the intersection before the light turned red, you haven't broken any laws. " is totally incorrect, see earlier posts on this. Amber means stop unless not being able to do so.
  17. Thai man robbed of Bt5.2m luxury wristwatch By The Nation Police are searching for a daring robber after a Thai man was robbed of a Bt5.2 million luxury wristwatch at a Bangkok hotel early on Friday. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1097166-thai-man-robbed-of-bt52m-luxury-wristwatch/
  18. Thai man robbed of Bt5.2m luxury wristwatch By The Nation Police are searching for a daring robber after a Thai man was robbed of a Bt5.2 million luxury wristwatch at a Bangkok hotel early on Friday. Deputy national police spokesman Colonel Krissana Pattanacharoen said National police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda had instructed officers to solve this case as soon as possible. They described the thief as being in his 20s or early 30s, 175cm or 180cm-tall, with a fair-complexion. Songkhla-based businessman Naset Taveepisitkul, 35, said he was robbed at gunpoint of a Richard Mille RM011-03TI chronograph watch that he posted online for sale. A potential customer contacted him via Facebook chat, using an account that was later found to be fake, and they agreed to meet in Bangkok to allow the customer to inspect the goods and negotiate a price. The appointment was set for 9pm on Thursday at The Quarter Hotel in the Chatuchak district initially and was then postponed to 1.30am on Friday. However, a few minutes into the meeting at the hotel lobby, the man pulled out a pistol to threaten Naset, grabbed the watch and ran outside. Naset ran after the robber, who fired the gun once into the sky as he fled and twice at Naset who fell down. The robber ran into Soi Latphrao 4 where a red-black Honda Wave motorcycle was waiting for him, and fled. Naset urged luxury watch buyers and shops to look out for the expensive watch with series number 055 and alert police. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30368414 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-26
  19. I disagree it is up to both parents to teach protective behaviours, they do it as a regular part of parenting Protective Behaviours develops personal safety skills that can be used by children, young people and adults to keep them safe and work towards reducing violence and abuse in the community. Over recent years there has been an increased awareness of all aspects of children's safety, particularly that of personal safety. Protective Behaviours https://www.protective-behaviours.org.au/
  20. Fast track has been around for years. I always use it. It’s all done over the net with credit card. Who says it’s illegal ? Where does it state that ? There are Fast track offers in Europe too.
  21. Neither did you. Admit it. Your 1.5 nanoseconds of internet fame passed by in a flash!
  1. Load more activity