BANGKOK 23 April 2019 19:18

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. EC to file charge against Thanathorn over alleged violation of media shareholding rules By The Nation Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit The Election Commission [EC] on Tuesday resolved to file a charge against Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit over an allegation that he had violated media shareholding rules. Full Story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096662-ec-to-file-charge-against-thanathorn-over-alleged-violation-of-media-shareholding-rules/
  3. I agree, everyone wants to cut each other out now that there is more money to be made. Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  4. Also not following you. Maybe I'm just dense tonight.
  5. Another entry for an old thread. Enjoy!
  6. And that is another strong indicator as to why the UK can not afford to leave the EU.
  7. EC to file charge against Thanathorn over alleged violation of media shareholding rules By The Nation Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit The Election Commission [EC] on Tuesday resolved to file a charge against Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit over an allegation that he had violated media shareholding rules. Citing an EC panel’s investigation, there are grounds to allegations that Thanathorn owned or held 675,000 shares in V-Luck Media Company, the electoral agency said in a statement. Thanathorn is accused of registering for the general election while still holding shares in the media company, an action prohibited by the Constitution and punishable by disqualification. Thanathorn’s lawyer earlier said that his client had fully complied with the law as he had transferred all his shares in the media firm on January 8, the day he returned from campaigning in Buri Ram. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368218 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-23
  8. Elio Del Ray Condo in udom suk, five minutes with motorbike from BTS, has a large pool. Length 85 meter . Studios, 1BR, 2BR, price starts from 8000 THB ro 25000 THB per month opposite they build Elio Nest, also big pool, but not sure if constuction already finished
  9. Left 6 years ago and never went back. There are just way to many wonderful places to take a holiday in the world besides Thailand. Having a ball visiting a lot of the Caribbean Islands
  10. Your not a true bulldog then...shame on you,infidel
  11. You'd like to think it was just a one-off deviation from the master plan in an effort to obtain more light but anyone here more than 2 years will assume its the usual corruption whereby money 'saved' was funnelled into various pockets. It almost certainly wont be the last in this type of tragedy.
  12. it's the fact that Thailands immigration laws seem to be subject to personal interpretation and the whims of the IO
  13. The EU is the worlds second largest economy behind the US. EU GDP=17 trillion, US GDP=19 trillion. (China=12 trillion) However, the EU has the worlds largest trading economy. http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/eu-position-in-world-trade/index_en.htm The EU is the largest economy in the world. Although growth is projected to be slow, the EU remains the largest economy in the world with a GDP per head of €25 000 for its 500 million consumers. The EU is the world's largest trading block. The EU is the world’s largest trader of manufactured goods and services. The EU ranks first in both inbound and outbound international investments The EU is the top trading partner for 80 countries. By comparison the US is the top trading partner for a little over 20 countries. The EU is the most open to developing countries. Fuels excluded, the EU imports more from developing countries than the USA, Canada, Japan and China put together. The EU also has a larger population than the US. They carry far more weight than any other Trading block. Also EU debt to GDP ratio is 81%. US=105% The EU is a net lender to the US. If they called their loans in the US economy would collapse.
  14. please excuse me for not being specific relating to the ACH transfer, not iat. i figured people would realize what i was talking about.
  15. Man jailed for 26 years for murdering six-month-old stepson, concealing body By The Nation File photo The Criminal Court on Tuesday sentenced a man to 26 years and three months in jail for murdering his six-month-old stepson and concealing the body in September last year, and for abusing methamphetamines. Full Story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096661-man-jailed-for-26-years-for-murdering-six-month-old-stepson-concealing-body/
  16. VISA is a small part of living in Thailand. Sooner or later, some Thai bigshot is going to figure out he can get wealthy by making health insurance mandatory for expats And the price will reflect that. Expats will never get any relief because in reality, Thai govt does not really want you there. If they did, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Thai's can come to the USA and own anything. Do you have that same opportunity in Thailand? Why not?
  17. Informing your bank doesn't always work. I called Nat West once and said I am going to Thailand, can you log it please? They said they don't do that. I have had my NW card blocked (for security reasons) until I managed to call them and unblock it. My wife had her Barclays Debit blocked also. Luckily I have friends in Thailand who could help out. I think the headline 'forced to sleep with rats' is a bit OTT. I thought they were talking about Ladboys to start with.
  18. I believe the rich wife story. I mean, when you're that handsome, charismatic and athletic how could you fail to score a rich attractive wife ?
  19. For a brief second he forgot himself and the Thai thought 12 of his pals would come to the rescue if he smacked a foreigner as is normally the case. But he was not in Thailand.
  20. Man jailed for 26 years for murdering six-month-old stepson, concealing body By The Nation File photo The Criminal Court on Tuesday sentenced a man to 26 years and three months in jail for murdering his six-month-old stepson and concealing the body in September last year, and for abusing methamphetamines. The court initially sentenced Witthawat Jitthanopajai, 23, to life imprisonment on the murder charge, but commuted it to 25 years behind bars because he had pleaded guilty and cooperated with investigators. He was initially sentenced to two years for concealing the body and six months for abusing meth, but the terms were reduced to one year and three months respectively because he had also pleaded guilty to those charges. The court was told that Witthawat had murdered his stepson during the night of September 8 last year. He suffocated the baby after placing him face-down on his bed, putting a blanket and a pillow over him, and then lying on top of him for 30 minutes. Witthawat and the baby’s mother, Karnchana Thossawang, then put the body in a basket under some clothes and left it in a deserted plot on Soi Ratchada Niwet off Pracha Uthit road, in Bangkok’s Huai Khwang district. After pleading guilty, Karnchana was earlier sentenced to two years and three months in jail for helping her husband to conceal the body. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368209 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-23
  21. only if he has a decent retirement income of 130k baht a month minimum, 160k better and is smart enough to stay single
  22. Been there done that. Honestly if you survive it your system eventually adjusts to the local bugs. Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  1. Load more activity