BANGKOK 24 April 2019 18:51

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @Formaleins Yes. We have children and in our opinion, we don't find it appropriate.
  3. Yes Leo beer purchases am sure about but deodorant purchases by farangs am not completely sure.
  4. In Thailand's case millions every year north and south.
  5. Where was I mentioning Mueller, Comey or Sessions? As republicans I would say they'd try at least to give Potus the benefit of the doubt. But no, people mentioned above have all butter on their heads. I might assume they used at least good butter.
  6. I entered BKK after holiday abroad using the Thai channel with my wife about 830pm. The Thai side now entirely automated save for one line presumably for old people not up on the tech thing. Wife went first and asked if it was ok to use the Thai line. I've been doing this a number of years and it's never been a problem. I wasn't asked any questions. IO was officious and fast (she). The farang side was crowded, backed up. The Chinese line a bit of bedlam. Non O (marriage), multiple re-entry, employed.
  7. In the day time in this 40C heat??! Sleeping doesn't enter into it, it is a daytime only train. And really, really old carriages with very uncomfortable seats.
  8. @lumply@BritManToo I obviously think it's our business because we live on the same soi. It is offensive to neighbors, children, visitors, and others who come to maintain the pool, etc. If you had small children and lived nearby in eye-shot of this stupid sign, wouldn't you be pissed off? Besides, the old man is a Farang as stated, not a Thai. Read more, troll less!
  9. I was going to do the same thing. They advised me a birth certificate with your name as the father, and a signed copy of mothers ID and Tabien bahn. Im not sure what type of visa it was but you need to exit and re enter every 3 months but the visa itself good for a year. No momey in the bank needed. Is that right UJ?
  10. I wouldn't exactly call it gaming the system. I'm a genuine tourist, albiet my homebase being Bangkok, the reason for that is because I can fly all over Asia for such a low cost. I just happen to stay my full 90 days before I travel again. I've been to Hong kong, Hanoi, Vientiane, phillipines, Bali, and getting tourist visas before coming back to Bangkok and got denied entry because I am "not allowed to leave the country for only a week and come back and I stayed more than 180 days in Thailand in the year" but how can I not be a genuine tourist when i am traveling to new countries I've never been to before... but just staying in Bangkok during the in between periods. I don't plan on living in thailand forever, I'm just trying to be here for 2-3 years at most and go back home. But now that's not looking possible unless I avoid Airports all together which I didn't plan on doing since I am actually flying out of the country and traveling around asia. thats why it doesnt make sense. Shouldnt they scrutinize people using land borders? Those guys can chill out in Thailand for years and just do a quick border hop, and never actually fly out of the country compared to me I'm actually spending money being a real tourist and flying to new places each time just coming back to Thailand and chilling out for 3 months before traveling to a new country.
  11. It is the beach any where in the world the beach always attracts stupid.
  12. Chinese tourists might - the rest of the world is leaving 'animal entertainment' in the dark ages where it belongs thankfully. There used to be a few baby elephants outside restaurants many years ago, don't think you'll see them now. Pressure tactics can work and I applaud the OP for his endeavours
  13. I believe some are trying to straddle the two by offering separate areas for the Chinese to eat in. Presumably they find our eating habits overly refined.
  14. I hadn't given it much thought... But.... We haven't heard much from or about 'BIG JOKE' for several days now... Almost a week.... I didn't give it much thought although every time I saw something about him, I read it.... Today, a friend (expat) called me and asked if I heard anything about BIG JOKE lately.... and I admitted I hadn't...... My friend said he was having coffee with some men Thai friends and BIG JOKE was mentioned (one Thai friend is an attorney)...... One friend said.... HE IS DEAD......... This is Thai business people talking....... 'He's been done in"..... "He never was booked to America".... It just got me thinking that (TIT) this is Thailand.......... Maybe these guys know something we don't.... Me and the friend are not ready to accept this yet...... BUT ...... I am personally watching closely for any 'new' reports about him..... I hope soon we WILL hear more ABOUT HIM........ ONE more personal thought I have had....... was wondering if he could have set out to seek 'Political Asylum' after being threatened in Thailand......... I HAVE NO FACTS...... I'm just 'thinking-out-loud' and sharing it.......... I HOPE we will learn that I AM WRONG..... BUT .... the story today got me thinking too much..........
  15. Oh there will be! I could name at least twelve members of the Sunn Specs Club who'll be getting their nickers in a twist right about now over this post.
  16. Thank you But I only want one User account to be password free to access it, the main Administrative User account to retain a password. Is this possible.
  17. 400k doesn’t feature in your life now, donated to the cause, country, bank, whatever you want to call it.Scot me why some thinks it’s acceptable
  18. 90% of getting the pink ID is getting the yellow book, its all the same information, your name in Thai, citizen number etc, the ID card is a quick process after you get the yellow book. Some running around to get at Pattaya city hall, 2 visits, witness's etc, the main thing being they want (I think most amphers also want) is an MFA certified translation of your name into Thai, but they accepted marriage documents as they contain mfa translation, saved a trip to BKK. What many dont realise, as above, yellow book and ID card is your name in Thai. So if you get a license using it or open a bank account using it, the name on license or account name will be in Thai script, and your ID citizen number is on your license not your passport number. The same if you book a plane ticket, if you book with name in Thai script then the checkin will want ID with name in Thai, book in English then they want a name in English ID (passport etc). This lead to many people saying the pink ID is useless, they are trying to operate an English name bank account with a Thai name ID, check in to a flight booked in English script then want to checkin with a Thai script ID. Everyone mentions the phrase on the back of the ID that says something like "cannot travel outside of area". This is a lost in translation thing and basically means the card is not transferable. If you move "permanently" to another province you cannot keep using the old card, you get a new card at the new province. the card cannot travel to a new permanent address and remain valid, the card holder can travel and use the card anywhere to show their permanent home address. I have used yellow book for license and to transfer vehicles, saved several trips to immigration to get resident certificates. Recently used YB to register for online TM30 system. I have used Pink ID 8-10 times to get Thai price at places and to buy SIM cards at 7/11, and once to get into a Thai only army beach south of Pattaya. As ID at Public hospital but not sure if that allowed access or changed the price.. If the local ampher isnt wanting impossible things, it worth getting, one more thing you can pull out of the hat at bank, immigration, DLT etc
  19. So she was cheating.... was she... I thought they would just about all try to get a percentage of the resulting income... His actions must all be the result of a big misunderstanding...
  20. Cost almost the same per year for a Thai elite 20 years SE visa !
  1. Load more activity