BANGKOK 26 April 2019 09:33

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Irrelevant how many have actually left. Regarding my hypothesis, that the majority of posters complaining bitterly about the visa changes are US citizens, no need for a poll, just troll through all the posts on TV, in the last 12 months and compile your own statistics.
  3. Speak to the district office not the police. Has he paid the tax on the sign and did he get permission for the sign Tax return and filing deadline Owners of signboards must file the tax return (PP.1) within 31 March of each year and the tax must be paid within 15 days after notification of the tax assessment. The return is filed at the Local District Office. Documentation required in support of the tax return: 1) Photo of the sign or billboard with details of its size and the date the sign or billboard was erected. 2) Copy of the company’s affidavit (issued no more than 6 months previously) certified as a true copy by the company’s director together with the company’s seal affixed. 3) Copy of the previous signage tax receipt (if any) Penalties In case of failure to file a tax return, there is a 10% surcharge on the signboard tax payable. Failing to pay signboard tax carries a 2% surcharge per month on the signboard tax payable. Setting up or altering an existing sign A company must notify the Local District Office within 15 days of setting up or altering a sign (for example changing from Thai language to a logo, picture or foreign language).
  4. OK saying he paid 800.000 baht, but who did he pay the money to? He upset the local hoteliers, and they put the boot in, he needs to learn a lot more about corrupt practices here before spending serious money on any project.
  5. I thought the "Songkran backup" might have been an issue, but it did not appear any more full than usual. But I was doing my EoS well ahead of renewal date because of all the upcoming holidays. The actual time with the IO was pretty quick, as usual, as all paperwork was in order, but it's the wait before the number gets called, and the on this day, the wait after the stamp was issued.
  6. What has the ill-fated ANZAC expedition at Gallipoli in WW1 to do the Death Railway in WW2?
  7. That's happening because since you are sending to you Bangkok Bank account and Transferwise is also using Bangkok Bank as its partner bank for the transfer then Bangkok Bank treats it's as an "internal transfer" between Bangkok Bank accounts but still codes it as an international transfer without any international receiving fee--it's just unique setup they have with Transferwise. Now if Transferwise had used K-bank or TMB to accomplish the final leg of the transfer to your Bangkok Bank account then there would still have been no receiving fee but it would "not" have been coded as an international transfer....just as any ol' domestic transfer.
  8. Yes I see DHL does service Luxembourg. In hindsight I should have just gone to a DHL branch office and couriered my letter with them.
  9. Can you read basic English or would you like I translate into another language ?
  10. Its good to see some pointing returning to police/crime stories. Its one of those things that has gone by the wayside. I cant recall the last post or story that had some expert pointing. How are we supposed to determine who is guilty, police are doing a great job etc, if nobody is pointing. Good to see, Bring back the "point"
  11. My brand new shiny pink card also shows my home address, the same as in my yellow tabien baan. Though it's not surprising that some don't.
  12. Hello, I'm looking for mountains to climb in Northern Thailand that present more of a challenge than Inthanon and Chiang Dao. I'm talking a proper trek that gets your heart going and legs burning. Maybe camping out a day or so. Any tips? Pete
  13. Not too bad though the face is a little horsey - the one in front would be more up for it IMHO
  14. Actually I already knew the White House Counsel works for the office of the President, not the President himself. Something I picked up from the days of the President Clinton witch hunt. That aside, does your post have a point? Are you telling me or Trumpto come up with a plan? Regardless, why the vague advice?
  15. marcusarelus - thanks for the quick reply. I don't get the pensions until July and then I have to renew my visa extension at the end of August.
  16. I was thinking police replay onlx the act of killing not the theft how it was happen. Wondering Thailand
  17. If using the money in the bank option that could be used for proof you have money to live on if asked for it. Most offices do not require it.
  18. If you can, replace the hard drive. It can be recovered (including a SSD device) even if wiped.
  19. Mom look! Granddad is on the internet! I thought he said he was going to Hawaii!
  20. p.s. just realised after you do the U turn onto the opposite side of the dual carriageway its the first bridge that you go under where their located not the one carrying the Bangkok bound traffic
  21. The Japanese used to be well known for that. With very limited time they had for a vacation you saw them jumping off a bus take their pictures and videos quickly and jump back on the bus all day long. Or as a Japanese friend of mine told my jokingly years ago - “ we don’t see the sights while we are on vacation - we have no time for that -we see them later at home in slide shows and in videos” Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  22. Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this topic. So I get ritalin and ativan from suan prung hospital in chiang mai. I don't think its a real prescription per se, its more like I need to see the doctor everytime and he gives me a new batch, but it has my name on it and all that 100% legal. I'm going back to the states next week and I'm wondering if I'm allowed to take them with me? And how many days of prescriptions am I allowed to bring in?
  23. Most of all because, probably, not a single one could swim.
  24. Have a look at the super smart FTKM series, much better SEER than the FTKC series but also a tad more expensive;)
  1. Load more activity