All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Intelligence is quite easy to define, it is the ability to comprehend a situation and use the knowledge or skills at your disposal to determine the best course of action from your comprehension of the problem. Basically cognitive reasoning. It is the complexity of this intellectual pursuit that often results in people thinking they are intelligent, without having the knowledge and skills at their disposal to look at complex issues, and simplify them or outright reject the knowledge we have collected and ignore that in favour of an ideology, that issue is one of the main problems facing the world today. It is the difference between using objective scientific facts and subjective beliefs. The best analogy I have heard is "science flies you to the moon" this is an objective fact and "religion flies you into buildings" based on subjective beliefs. Which circles very nicely back to the comprehension aspect of defining intelligence as it is the cognitive reasoning function of intelligence that determines if someone is actually intelligent or not. This is also where bias plays a part as ideologically trapped people forego the cognitive function for the sake of their ideology.
  3. The Countries who signed this are telling Hamas to release the hostages now . The IDF are preparing for the final purge of Hamas in Rafah . The signatories are telling Hamas they they are at fault for the soon to be carnage in Rafah and its up to them to stop it and they are responsible for anything that happens , because Hamas holding the hostages are the cause of the upcoming purge Joint Statement from the Leaders of the United States, Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Thailand, and the United Kingdom Calling for the Release of the Hostages Held in Gaza We call for the immediate release of all hostages held by Hamas in Gaza for over 200 days. They include our own citizens. The fate of the hostages and the civilian population in Gaza, who are protected under international law, is of international concern. We emphasize that the deal on the table to release the hostages would bring an immediate and prolonged ceasefire in Gaza, that would facilitate a surge of additional necessary humanitarian assistance to be delivered throughout Gaza, and lead to the credible end of hostilities. Gazans would be able to return to their homes and their lands with preparations beforehand to ensure shelter and humanitarian provisions. We strongly support the ongoing mediation efforts in order to bring our people home. We reiterate our call on Hamas to release the hostages, and let us end this crisis so that collectively we can focus our efforts on bringing peace and stability to the region. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/04/25/joint-statement-from-the-leaders-of-the-united-states-argentina-austria-brazil-bulgaria-canada-colombia-denmark-france-germany-hungary-poland-portugal-romania-serbia-spain-thailand-an/
  4. That raises the question of at what point is breaking the law a moral obligation. We need to get to more nuanced discussion before we get into that.
  5. I was asking you for a link to your post. Stop avading my request, you either have one or not!
  6. I do not believe anyone has the right to block others on roads or footpaths. I believe the law is clear on that and I support that law. Heckling is an entirely different matter. We all have a right to speak and heckle. I wish that more listening and debate took place instead of heckling. I consider personal attacks and false allegations to be heckling; as a recipient of much of this behavior my own conclusion is it is a poor replacement for any kind of reasoned argument.
  7. maybe one day you'll get an award for posting the greatest number of one star topics on AN.
  8. OK. Internet Control is an important feature for ACs, as you state. I agree. Also, I do not want to make this a Topic critical of Panasonic. However, you can go online and check to see what others say about Panasonic's integration of their AC products with the internet. Yes. The model I purchased, this year and the one last year, do offer Panasonic WiFi control for remote management of the ACs. But, what is the latency involved in this case? I have read some stories which are not flattering to Panasonic in this area. By comparison, I use the internet/wifi control functions on my XiaoMi Air Purifiers. XiaoMi internet control works very well, even using the app on my old Note 4. But, the Panasonic app will not install on my Note 4. And, I would not install it even if I had a phone that would install this software, which would require a newer OS than the one I have on the Note4. The guy who delivers my water is named Somchai. He is super nice. I enjoy talking to him, every time I order water jugs. Good Water, too! I did a Topic on Somchai's water over a year ago, in case you are interested.
  9. I had in inlaws in Appalachia who would often express an intense interest in somehow breaking up a flag-burning -"Man, if I ever see that, I'd lose my sheet." How would that even come up? I've been to dozens of lefty demo's. No flags at all, burned or un-. Another righty fake testosterone self-own.
  10. Perfect physical description of Biden supporters, fat and fugly! The one Trump supporter. The biker was buffed Well done!
  11. You need to get a pair of the gold running shoes. Wait until you see the looks you get wearing them.
  12. if there was a "delete this post because nobody can be arsed to give a flying pfoonk" button that would be even better. but that is the world we live in now. people with boring and meaningless lives can find a platform to bang on about every inane thing they do all day, even when the flush the turrlet.
  13. The only way “around it” in my view is if the UK change the rules. But if they choose not to change the rules I think you won’t find a way around it without getting yourself in a great deal of trouble, and that will be more financially painful than a frozen pension.
  14. You need to hire a property manager. I pay 9% of the gross for this. They find tenants, handle maintenance, etc.
  15. Thanks for the apology Yellow, far too few on all sides of the political debate will admit when they make a mistake. My comment is an observation. For a handful of years now there has been a debate on what is and is not permitted to be said on University campuses. The allegation, almost entirely from the rightwing has been that universities are censoring rightwing voices. Allegations of ‘cancel culture’ and ‘snowflakes’. Punch the term ‘You don’t have a right not to be offended’ into a search engine and it will return a flavor of that debate. Again, thank you for your decency in response to my last post.
  16. I guess there are opinions and ill thought out opinions. As for someone peeing in my beer are talking about Thai beer ? If so hard to tell.
  17. Why would you assume that?... You posted it! Give them a call, all the necessary phone numbers are there IN YOUR OWN LINKED VIDEO. https://youtu.be/LfJcTLIMsUAsi=VWHcaLsgMSLmpK1E
  18. Not at all, I am trying to research this injustice and reading 'he said she said' doesn't help in anyway, it would be nice to get hard facts instead of the usual negativity. I am not prepared to lie down without at first trying to find a solution to this and doing as much I can to resolve this ridiculous situation for myself at least, if other people wish to walk down the corridors of "we're all doomed" that is entirely up to them!
  19. The REASON for this Topic is BECAUSE....nobody seems to... CARE ENOUGH! I care. I care about others, as well. I wish to see others get good deals on necessities in life. And, AC, during this Age of Global Warming...is a .... NECeSSITY! This is WHY I CARE......!
  20. According to recent data (around 2022), the average IQ in the United States falls around 98. It's important to remember that IQ tests are designed to have an average score of 100, so a slight deviation is expected. Also the test are diffrent from your language and age, for example, my son 12 years old score 105 IQ designad for 17-19 years old Americans and he is Thai,
  1. Load more activity