BANGKOK 18 August 2019 08:13

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. After WW2 Attlee attempted to engineer a fairer society, which benefited many people of my age, but the voters were fed up with austerity and voted him out after one term.
  3. ... quite a read that! from the World Trade Organisation but after all that, it now seems that Thai Customs is treating ASEAN (in concept) - as more like a NATO, than an EEC
  4. "The Thai state is like an oiled, slippery eel," Looks like he knows his onions
  5. Malaysians driving in Thailand urged to ensure their licence and insurance are valid By Sharifah Mahsinah Abdullah This Aug 10 file pic shows the traffic situation near Rantau Panjang Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security (ICQS) ahead of the Aidiladha celebration. - NSTP/Zaman Huri Isa KOTA BARU: Police advised Malaysian motorists driving in Thailand to have valid driving licence as well as ensure the vehicles are covered by insurance. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1118331-malaysians-driving-in-thailand-urged-to-ensure-their-licence-and-insurance-are-valid/
  6. The owner did publicly claim he had "contacts" and could make "matter" go away...
  7. Malaysians driving in Thailand urged to ensure their licence and insurance are valid By Sharifah Mahsinah Abdullah This Aug 10 file pic shows the traffic situation near Rantau Panjang Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security (ICQS) ahead of the Aidiladha celebration. - NSTP/Zaman Huri Isa KOTA BARU: Police advised Malaysian motorists driving in Thailand to have valid driving licence as well as ensure the vehicles are covered by insurance. This is to prevent any untoward incident if they were involved in an accident in that country. Kelantan police deputy chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Abdullah Mohammad Piah said it was quite normal for local Kelantanese to travel to Thailand using their own vehicles but they must make sure their documents are in order. "This is to ensure they will not face any problem especially when they are involved in road accidents, such as the one which happened to a Malaysian driver who had rammed into a group of grass cutters in Songkhla, killing them instantly," he said. Full story: https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/513537/malaysians-driving-thailand-urged-ensure-their-licence-and-insurance-are New Straits Times: 2019-08-18
  8. Well they have always said Aliens need report
  9. Almost anything can be repaired here and bought here. There are any number of brands to choose from. Buy local and any issues are easily sorted.
  10. I would suggest much of the dislike of Jonathan Head goes back to the 2010 riots. He was reporting for BBC, behind the barracades, supporting the reds, commenting on Taksin being ousted, all the while the reds were threatening to burn down Bangkok. You could call him a lot of things, although im not sure if "excellent" really fits. People have long memories.
  11. Ideally, a Thai "owner" would be advised to facilitate registration by providing his Thai ID and Blue Book. I would attempt to convince them of the benfits of registering (maintaining you as a tenant, staying legal with the authorities, continuing to rent to another foreigner, with you volunteering to manage the registration and reporting, until such time as you move out, giving them the usernam and PW). Failing that, yes, you can register using your passport and rental contract. But do a search (keywords: TM30, condo, rental, lease, contract, register) here among the gazillion TM30 threads for experiences. It might be easier to register on the web-site, after which you could use the app. Without a username and PW, yes, the app is a non-starter. For this app, a property (apartment building w/ multiple units, single condo, townhouse, detached house; as defined by a blue book or channote) is registered rather than a person. Then anyoe with the username and PW for that property can file TM30's for aliens staying in that specific property.
  12. Are nightwish the group that own all them empty bars in soi 6 that are hemorrhaging money ?
  13. I am sure if the OP had wanted such advice he would have asked for it. American pub grub !!
  14. The enforcement varies from office to office, I think you will find the leaflet is from one office and its their enforcement. Where it is enforced, the office may require proof of TM30 before they will process 90 day reports or extensions.
  15. My Nightwish is just that these days I swopped to Daywish but that's now fallen on deaf ears also and just left me holding a solid investment to play around with
  16. Bikie boss denied entry to Thailand after bail change By 9News Staff Mick Murray was forced to return to Australia after being refused entry to Thailand when he arrived there. (9News) The leader of an Australian outlaw motorcycle gang has been refused entry into Thailand, despite his bail conditions allowing him to leave the country. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1118330-bikie-boss-denied-entry-to-thailand-after-bail-change/
  17. Good win that, not an easy task backing up after 120 minutes in Istanbul mid-week.
  18. Don't get your hopes up if you've got your heart set on beef and refried beans.
  19. You have obviously not experienced the way the courts work in Thailand if you think he has much chance of an even playing field. But your last sentence is right - just needs a little more explanation of what that means for a foreigner accused in Thailand and how he can defend himself.
  20. Bikie boss denied entry to Thailand after bail change By 9News Staff Mick Murray was forced to return to Australia after being refused entry to Thailand when he arrived there. (9News) The leader of an Australian outlaw motorcycle gang has been refused entry into Thailand, despite his bail conditions allowing him to leave the country. Mick Murray, head of the Comancheros bikie gang, flew out of Melbourne on Thursday night after a magistrate granted him permission to do so. But when the 41-year-old arrived in Thailand hours later, border authorities denied him entry based on his lengthy criminal record. Murray was arrested last December and charged with various fraud offences. With his matter still before the courts, there were concerns he may not return to Australia after having his bail conditions varied. Full story: https://www.9news.com.au/national/comancheros-boss-mick-murray-refused-entry-into-thailand-after-bail-change/3ea96de3-dcf7-4ded-8b63-ed54325a6a23 9 News: 2019-08-18
  21. BIC 3 blade flexible disposable shavers best in my experience and better than Gillette, around 91Baht for a 3 pack at BIG C in Bkk.
  1. Load more activity