All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, I thought Canadians were like the north American version of Kiwis: quiet, sweet, law-abiding.
  3. I suspect he would be having more than 1 month off with broken bones.
  4. There's a strict order not to open account for tourists. April 2023. Told by senior manager at Bangkok Bank Silom. Period. Get any other visa and you might get lucky. Thai GF or Wife won't help Also joint accounts are over as well. Same guy told "luck couple" (farang + decent looking thai female) - their purpose was to buy a condo but no, sorry, can not. Saying that still agents CAN help - how I have no idea, but they do miracles! For example an agent changed guy's expired debit card without guy himself and passport to sow. Only ancient bank book. I saw the card, it was 2023
  5. Immigration typically ask how long, especially if she is a single women. Since she has a tourist visa approved, she just needs to prepare and show her itinerary. Normally the migration just stamp the standard 6 months even though you are only going for 1-2 weeks. Answering you are staying 5-6 automatically raises red flags, especially if it’s her first time in US and single. Majority of tourists don’t stay that long. They will ask for all the proof of accommodation, contacts, why you need to go for that long etc. How her company would allow her leave that long, how much money she has etc. It’s better to say 1 month. Have detail list of friends name, address, phone. What her plans are weekly. You can also book hotels on agoda, which many allow free cancellation from a week to 2-3 days prior to check in. This will help establish you have a real booking, and can show the officer on agoda app. Booking for car rental / domestic plane flights helps too.
  6. In urban areas the lack is an original relic of removing receptacles for explosive devices targeting the general public. For a short period of time "see through" bins were available outside major complexes but sadly even those were demonstrated to be a risk.
  7. lol. unlike me, you never post any evidence.
  8. I am sure the technology will better in 10 years, but right now I would not consider EV's.
  9. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce48wpd08pgo Foreign Minister Martin "Ireland will be intervening. “It is for the court to determine whether genocide is being committed. "But I want to be clear in reiterating what I have said many times in the last few months; what we saw on 7 October in Israel, and what we are seeing in Gaza now, represents the blatant violation of international humanitarian law on a mass scale. "It has to stop. The view of the international community is clear. Enough is enough."
  10. That is almost certainly from a police roadside camera. Fines from the overhead/fixed cameras normally come from the Land Transport Office through the post and with all the details printed on them. I got one of those photos once but I was stopped near Korat at a regular place for checkpoints (ker ching!) - apparently the camera was 5km back. As per yours, no details whatsoever. I confirmed that I accepted the photo was of my car but that I was not speeding. I was told that I'd have to go and speak to the camera guys 5km back - I suspect as a ploy - them thinking I wouldn't bother. I said OK but I didn't go back and never heard from them. You're not going to be so lucky and it'll cost you more than the fine to go back
  11. Leap seconds do cause issues with software that expects a minute to always have 60 seconds indeed. It's sad because that stuff is nothing new just usually works in the other direction 😕
  12. I almost spate my tea over the keyboard - you couldn't make this up
  13. YT vids from TH, of people complaining about charging network or running out of energy ... in TH. I doubt that very much.
  14. Ecigs helped me quit after 20+ years of smoking a pack a day. After just a few weeks on ecigs I felt much better, no more coughing and wheezing. In my experience ecigs are no worse than nicotine gum.
  15. I'm sure there are a couple of posters here who had a good chuckle at that.
  16. Conscription by definition is compulsory, ie. not voluntary. I think you mean "enlistment" or "recruitment" into the Russian Army. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conscription
  17. Good for you 👍🏼 Go find yourself another thread to pollute until ev can do 1000km per charge 😃
  18. I don't see why that would be a problem, assuming that you have a new passport and Lao officials won't see your Thai stamps. Transiting through Thailand would be a potential problem though. Checking in for your flight to Thailand, the airline would probably get a "do not board" message, I don't think Thailand's APIS has provisions specifically for transit passengers.
  19. He picks the wrong person he will get kicks! Drop him off at a local Thai boxing school ,he can try to do all the beating he wants. The idiot!
  20. around that yes, who said he's going to announce a full evacuation. The Israeli delegation is in Washington next week. I would wait for announcements after the meetings before speculating how Hamas is going to be eliminated.
  21. I don't have to talk myself out of anything, especially to a troll such as yourself. Anyone with any intelligence can see and read what I post. Can download the apps themselves to verify the info. Between you & me, only one person is being deceptive ... AND IT'S NOT ME BYE BYE
  1. Load more activity