All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I think you need more than the UK State pension to survive in Thailand, even if you are benefitting from annual increases. In the UK you will have access to free healthcare as well as other benefits. In Thailand you are only one heart attack away from a financial catastrophe. I don’t believe the existing policy is fair, but it does raise the issue that you need a few income sources to live here comfortably, and close family who have your best interests at heart, preferably grown up children.
  3. Stupid comment. Even the middle class is feeling the pinch with costs there.
  4. I believe if you read it correctly, it lists examples of the countries as it states, "these include countries such as..." indicating that the heading; "Most British Commonwealth countries".
  5. It might be a free tip but you said earlier that I would have to pay for the full service so as a Scot I have to declare I have not tried it! PS; Do you have any discounts on offer?
  6. cant find anything to back what you said about canada. link please. Not hard to find evidence if you search the question... The following is a list of all the Frozen countries Countries where English is an official, or widely spoken, language are shown in Red. Afghanistan Congo, Democratic Republic (Zaire) Jordan Papua New Guinea St Helena & Deps Albania Cook Islands Kenya Paraguay St Lucia Algeria Costa Rica Kiribati Peru St Martins Andorra Cuba Kuwait St Vincent and the Grenadines Anguilla Djibouti Laos Qatar Sudan Antigua Dominican Commonwealth (Dominica ) Lebanon Rebublic Of Georgia Surinam Argentina Dominican Republic Lesotho Republic Of Armenia Swaziland Ascension Island Ecuador Liberia Republic Of Azerbaijan Syria Australia Egypt Libya Republic Of Belarus Tahiti The Bahamas El Salvador Macau Republic Of Kazakhstan Taiwan Bahrain Ethiopia Madagascar Republic Of Kyrgyzstan Tanzania Bangladesh Falkland Islands + Deps Malawi Republic Of Moldovia Thailand Barbuda Faroe Islands Malaysia Republic Of Turkmenistan The Russian Federation Belize Fiji Maldives Republic Of Uzbekistan Togo Benin Mexico Republic Of Yemen Tonga Bhutan The Gambia Monaco Rwanda Tours Bolivia Ghana Montserrat Trinidad and Tobago Botswana Greenland Morocco San Marino Tunisia Brazil Grenada Mozambique Sarawak Turks & Caicos Islands Brunei Darussalam Namibia Uganda Burkina Faso Guatemala Nepal Saudi Arabia Ukraine Burma Guinea Nevis, St Kitts Nevis Senegal Uruguay Cambodia (Kampuchea) Guyana New Caledonia Seychelles Vanuatu Cameroon Haiti New Zealand Sharjah Venezuela Canada Honduras Nicaragua Sierra Leone Vietnam Cape Verde Islands Hong Kong Niger Singapore Virgin Islands (British) Cayman Islands India Nigeria Solomon Islands Central African Republic Indonesia Norfolk Island Somalia Zambia Chile Iran Oman South Africa Zimbabwe China Iraq Pakistan South Korea Colombia Japan Panama Sri Lanka European Economic Area Member States
  7. Don't bother. It's the same when they make false claims. You ask them to support it, and they just post links to articles that do not support it and pretend it does. When they get called on it, they post another link to nonsense. They either know they are lying, or they are stupid. Either way it is a waste of time. Now you've shown him to be making false claims, but he'll never admit it, and will just make some other false claim like he forgot of whatnot. They are unwilling or unable to think for themselves, all they can to is regurgitate what other people say.
  8. Yes there is climate change, BUT humanity has no influence on it.
  9. Maybe time to bite the bullet and make a call to the True helpdesk to get it stopped. They may even refund you for the drain you have already had. They were doing so at one time in the past.
  10. No. Australia does not have a frozen pension. It's indexed. Getting it, however, is not easy. Can't be bothered explaing. Look it up.
  11. I recommend that you call the SCB (027777777) customer help line and ask them if a foreigner on a retirement visa can have an FCD account. Tell them you aren't allowed to work so obviously no work permit. I checked SCB's web site and they make no reference to a work permit being required. There are so many stories on AN about bank staff giving incorrect information for whatever reason! SCB weren't going to allow me (on retirement extension) to open any bank account without a work permit. I told them I can't have a work permit and that I had checked SCB's website and no such restriction was mentioned. I ended up getting two accounts with no further problem due to no work permit.
  12. Another absurd rule to ask for work permit in order to open a foreign currency account. Totally absurd as many of the retirees who come over to Thailand for 4 to 5 months in winter bring in lots of foreign currency that they would not always want to exchange to THB. The result is that they only change on a weekly basis and take back home what's left of the foreign exchange. All to the loss of thailand.
  13. Of course you know all about their financial position because you read it in the paper. I concede you probably know more than most about anal but each to their own eh
  14. sounds like a compelling reason to move back home unless the tan hotties and sunshine outweigh the lack of freebies.
  15. Easy to spot, yet so difficult to define. Tell me what the concept means to you.
  16. We are at #ColumbiaUniversity University to stand with Israel & the Jewish community as Christians in light of the antisemitic demonstrations taking place on campuses across the U.S.
  17. Thanks.I hadn't seen the announcement.Intelligent people will draw their own conclusions on these cobbled together arrangements but no more on the subject as that might be considered "disrespectful".
  18. In where are you referring to? And what you doubt is of no relevance and should be taken with a large pinch of salt .Anybody who reads your <deleted>e knows that
  19. That is disputed and also a complex issue as Jordon were the previous rulers of the West Bank and Palestinians never were the rulers of the land , so Israel disputes the allegations and it is also way off topic . The on going war crimes are Hamas holding hostages , that is an undisputed war crime
  20. I think that is a possible answer to those willing to think outside the box. I did an internet search and it's possible to open a Philippine bank account on line without even going to the Philippines. Surely finding a Philippine address can't be that difficult. Providing DWP with copies of the Philippines in and out stamps in your passport proving that you are living there for the required number of days will be if you're not living there.
  21. It’s interesting how the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped. Gone are the days of ‘You don’t have a right to not be offended’.
  22. All over Europe or UK, the political mafia is freezing pensions and not adapting them to inflation. It is all the more angering andenraging, considering the trillions of dollars handed out blindly to Ukraine and it's highly corrupt bureaucracy.
  23. No advert, it's just a free tip for you to have better search experience. Have you tried it?
  1. Load more activity