All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The LTR visa scheme for working or retired candidates, started on a good intention and was elaborated by intelligent people. But involving Immigration Office was a mistake as they will do everything to harass the candidates and ask for the idiotic documents to be translated etc. Why ask for a bank statement for instance, if they get say a certified translated and notorised statement from the pension fund institution, cetifying the pension amount paid monthly ? This is just one exemple of many, on how the Immigration office is harming all the intelligent incentives to encourage the good spenders to come to Thailand. Why do the top level respected political members not do something to stop all this rubbish ?
  3. Well before any of them voluntarily made their personal decision to live, in retirement, in a country that precluded them from the increases (pre-1954).
  4. I think you combined Endodontist and Orthodontist. You would want an Endodontist
  5. Russians are scum, but their chicks are hot. Adds value to club crawls in Bangkok, altho most of them suffer from GPS.
  6. And yet another schoolteacher that has no idea, and yet feels the need to jump with the rest of the lemmings.
  7. Some 47 professors of the Columbia Law School sent a letter to Columbia president Shafik pointing out that the actions directed by her against those students violated the rule of law guaranteeing free speech. Shafik was previously dean of the Law School. I guess that Biden et al hope that when the semester is over in a month or less, the students will go home and not make any trouble at the Democratic Convention!
  8. I have a huge pet peeve about these people who have indestructible hard case carryons. And then they slam them in the bin, as if everyone’s luggage was hard case. And seriosuly push and jam it in. People bring fragile items on the plane. That’s the whole point. And these people assume everyone’s luggage is hard case. I could let loose on one of these morons one day
  9. They certainly were allies. The Ribbentrop/Molotov pact stated just that. Create a buffer? Against whom? And gain time? Over whom? So dividing up Poland was perfectly acceptable? All that crap from Medvedev and Putin about being the saviours of Europe? Then carving off an enormous chunk of people and territory who in no way wanted anything to do with the hated Soviets. Plus ça change. They're hated everywhere and quite deservedly.
  10. Nobody knows really who you are. So how does it feel that folks are looking at your hat and beleiving that you are a red neck, slack jawed, drooling, deplorable, neonazi jew loving criminal mouth breathing hate ridden rascist ignorant brainwashed fascist christian who is a danger to the entire world because you support the Great Orange Satan? Wonder how many folks are voting for Trump just a give a hearty fy to the media/gov complex.
  11. No. Instead, I opted for the 200-Kg-capacity Toilet Seat, as my preferred Gift With Purchase.
  12. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump_as_president#Trump_as_defendant Starter for 10 for you
  13. Why bother? They do not care about the truth, to the left, their end justifies any means. "Truth is not a left-wing value."
  14. As they are protesting at their university, I'm more certain of their university education than yours. You're named after a dildo FFS
  15. Yes. You are correct. FYI: The last of these machines at this retailer went for Bt.42,500.00 (incl. installation), sold today, to me. Since it was the last machine, if there is any problem with the machine, there will be no option of replacing the machine with another identical model. The reason I purchased this machine is due to the EER rating, as stated. There are few other machines on the local market that offer this type of higher efficiency. If not Panasonic, which is ALWAYS my first choice, then I would next choose either Hitachi or Daikin. Concerning a Daikin for the same price range, or same cooling capacity, here are two, among others, that are on offer: The first offers efficiency ratio of this and only 5-year warranty: The second offers this: The Daikin machines offer compressor warranties of only 5 years. 10 years for Panasonic (the one purchased by me). I guess I would not pay this much for a Daikin. Maybe, in this market, compared to the China market, the Daikin machines are overpriced? I really do not know, and this is sort of a matter of preference and personal bias. I will stay with Panasonic.... Even though... I believe that the QC or manufacturing process might not be as good as it once was, or was when the machines were manufactured in a different country, like Taiwan or Japan. I have NO Buyer's remorse, for sure....
  16. In fact not really addicts. Rather 70% of elderly patients in Europe right now. They start with 50mg, 2 years later already 250 or 300mg.
  17. I reckon poor quality food, no cold water, no aircon and maybe a bit of anal. They are both in a financial position to be kept supplied with reasonable food courtesy of the prison shop and/or food sent in for them. No cold water? Huh...how is that an issue? I doubt that they'll be able to find much anal in there, it's a Thai prison, not a US/UK/Aussie/ European prison.
  18. I’ve had this happen too. And the border was so small I didn’t feel I could reenter the line. I mean she was my only option. Funny it could possibly be the same lady lol. Maybe mid 50’s and skinny? I guess that describes most of them haha. She told me “you cannot cross here again” and I went back there next time and she wasn’t there so didn’t have a problem. My big question was, what if I would have told her I will stay in Cambodia overnight? Would that have done it? I never understood how she could legally deny me exit.
  19. Well, I already have but here are two more. What started as some light hearted banter on my part turned into the typical liberal “not so honest “ ethics on your part. No need to respond if so desired. I’ve proven my point.
  20. The question was more like whether they supported the war, not whether they were in favor of genocide. Anyway, unless Israelis listened to the proceedings of the ICJ, they may not see the big picture.
  21. Not a lot to report, except there seem to be signs of work commencing about half way along. Large sections fenced off in the one way section. I went all the way down to the Na Jomtien end last night at about 1930. Nightmare! The bottleneck created by the narrow strip of road about half way caused an enormous jam in both directions. I pulled over for a coffee in the 7. The guy serving me said it's the same every night. So why are they working a mile up the road when the real problem is a mile down the road? They've started closing both gates at the bottom of Pratamnak Soi 5 onto Dong Tan Beach rd, by the big 7 at 10pm, open again at 0530. So not even the bikes can get through. Going north you can chance it but it's a tricky Thai style descent over bricks and stones placed on the steps down from sands caff. The stench of open sewers is everywhere in this hot weather. How in heavens name they can front Pattaya as a 5 * resort town I've no idea. It just stinks.
  22. There are only 12 opinions that matter. That of the author of this opinion piece, George G. Demos is not known to be amongst them.
  1. Load more activity