All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Bob's gone I'm afraid. Got lost in Pattaya's Terminel 21. Who knows if he'd ever find his way back....
  3. Totally agree with you, safety has greatly improved since Chernobyl and France has been proving for years that it is the perfect solution. It is a matter of time and coming up with reasonable arguments to convince humanity that it is a good solution.
  4. Thank you Dolf, there won't be. With retirement planned for 6 months from now, I won't be throwing it away to her or them anymore
  5. Lol As if this claim of illegal activities by the Thai police would be news to anyone here.
  6. I am not so sure we are the most intelligent species on Earth, scientists are still working on understanding dolphins. They probably wipe the floor with us as communicators. It would be absolute arrogance to assume we are the sole and most evolved intelligence in the universe. Anyone who has been in outback New South Wales at night, no cloud and little moonlight, gets to know how insignificant we really are.
  7. Just to play devils advocate on this.......tax clearance certificate laws have been on the books for many years, Immi already requires them from certain classes of visa holders and before those classes can leave the country. Extending that system to a wider audience would be trivial, it's just a nother piece of paper, you the visa applicant must collect and supply.
  8. Of course it added to the crisis. I don't need a quote from a newspaper to tell me that adding 6xx,xxx people in a year to a country that has a housing shortage will increase the problem. It does lead to a housing crisis. As do many other factors. I never said it was the sole cause, you made that bit up. But the good news is, if you have a habit of inventing things people have said and then arguing against that imagined statement, you're in good company here. 😄
  9. I have looked at many shops and I do already have an Electrolux. It's a corded upright and works fine for simple tile floor vacuuming. Unfortunately, we have carpets and a dog that sheds a lot once a year. Our current vacuum has a brush in the head but that brush is only driven by the suction the vacuum cleaner creates. We would like a vacuum with a brush driven by a motor for better results on carpets. This vacuum's suction is also weak and the included tools are junk. I already had to go through a protracted discussion with Electrolux before they would give me a replacement. Their design of the handle and extreme cost cutting use of cheap plastic everywhere lead to the handle breaking in half. No replacement part is available. It seems there isn't a market for higher quality vacuums in Thailand. I did find an imported vacuum (Danish) with a motor driven brush but the reviews were poor and the price high with no attendant improvement in overall quality.
  10. Good morning Goaty, oh, afternoon, well to be honest I was sort of thinking about your "Dan" trilogy, for some reason, he and Brits come under your regular attack here, but I must admit it does make for some amusing banter......😉 Oh, a Brit cannot put "his" house in his wife's name, any house/land bought will be in his wife's name anthoooo, but if he bought it during marriage he has a 50% claim on it..🤗
  11. How many times have I seen you say that, I've lost track. And you still haven't bothered to read the tax guide and understand your DTA, otherwise you'd realise that you almost certainly wont be taxed any more than you already are. You'll forgive me for saying but you are your own worst enemy.
  12. I find this scenario highly unlikely. You have 2 totally different departments for a start. Immigration have enough paperwork to sift through and to impose this onto them would make extensions extremely hard work. Especially when quite a few, like myself I suspect, do not need to register for tax. And no, I have not got an LTR or anything. Just have enough money over here for us to live comfortably.
  13. As is the difference between an apparently innocent Austrian and a guilty Austrian for most AN posters a difficult one for them to identify.
  14. There are still some practical considerations that need to be taken into account. Not everyone has access to charging at home, which can make relying solely on home charging a challenge. While it's possible to plan long-distance trips with an electric vehicle, relying solely on public charging stations can add extra time and stress to the journey, especially if charging stations are not readily available. In countries with limited charging infrastructure, like Thailand, it can be difficult to rely solely on public charging stations.
  15. Largely irrelevant. Its just re-shuffling of government revenue. A really generous state pension could mean worse hospitals, schools and roads. Improving life expectancy has had big cost implications on these 'promise-based' state pensions.
  16. I heard he's on the Pier playing Bingo. Fish n Chips on the way home.
  17. Ramy Abdu is a by-product of Israel's bolstering of Hamas for its own agenda, which is now in plain sight. It is quite unequivocal who has shameful opinions on this thread, and who's denialism is so deep that they choose to contend the UN is an antisemitic body rather than acknowledge the fact that Palestinians are coldly and methodically being ethnically cleansed.
  18. Thai woman seeks refuge in temple after being beaten by Austrian husband By Peter Roche PHOTO: Khaosod A Thai woman has filed a police report against her Austrian husband, claiming he physically assaulted her. The 53 year old woman, named only as Ms Neng, filed her report at Nongprue Police Station in Chon Buri on Wednesday, March 27. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1323595-thai-woman-seeks-refuge-in-temple-after-being-beaten-by-austrian-husband/
  1. Load more activity