All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Someone from that area told me about this, over 20 years ago. The developer built the place but was having trouble filling the units. The story is he paid DT a millions bucks to put his name on it, and the place soon filled up.
  3. Maybe, maybe not. I recently had an accident in my wife's Honda HR-V. Nothing major, but a rear ender in traffic. It took six weeks to fix, and when I got it back the radiator was leaking so they took it back for another 10 days. You have to wait for parts, I didn't go whining to a FB group. Is 32 days too long? It would definitely be nice to be quicker, but it is a relatively new brand expanding quickly in Thailand. And my legacy brand took longer for less damage than that. Aren't we really scraping the barrel now with these posts finding a single person who thought their repair took too long??
  4. Back in the 90's I was fortunate to work with the most brilliant minds in the PC industry at that time, including the guy the authored the "plug & play" bios code. Unanimously, they said it is impossible for someone to gain access unless you click on an executable file, or you give them information. Opening an email will not do it, but if you click on an unknown link in that email it could launch a code into your computer. Today, I ignore all unknown call numbers (including the Lazada and Shopee people telling me my package arrived.).
  5. Exactly, happened to me once too. Thais sitting behind a desk heard a foreigner utter the word "tax" and automatically figured he is talking about VAT (I wasn't) and he wants a refund (I didn't want one).
  6. It would add to LOS's reputation of being a hub of destinations for foreigners to commit suicide. Maybe they will name it for David Carradine.
  7. Well, now you have: Those are your words. Like I said before, your bias is showing. Then adding fake sympathy to injury, or shall I say, hypocrisy: "I feel bad for the LGBs,...their cause is kind of being high-jacked." There is a word for pushing one (sub-) group against another, it's called "snitch." They (the trans) are not hi-jacking the gay cause. It's the likes of you that are doing it. And the same manner you are hell-bent on pushing your propaganda that somehow gays want their same sex marriage to be regarded as "man-woman" marriage. Insidious.
  8. And there was me thinking Phuket was dull as dish water! 😂
  9. This reminds me of my first trip to Myanmar (Burma) in 2000. Way up country in Myitkyina, the authorities (police/immigration) came to my hotel to check my details. After 15 minutes looking at my passport and checking visa etc. they said "thank you". As departing they said "bye" and asked "what country are you from?".
  10. I rented a MC in Samui, and she asked for my passport and DL. I told her I didn't have a passport. She was surprised but insisted on seeing my passport. I told her I had lost it. She wanted to see the police report. I said I was going to the police station now. She wanted to see my Thai DL which I had and showed it. But she wanted to keep it. I asked what would happen if the police stopped me and asked for my license. She gave me her card and told me to call her, but I must be wearing a helmet. I agreed and gave her my license.
  11. The slots selection at Slots City https://slotscity.ua/ru/slots is unparalleled. With thousands of games from top providers, I’m always finding something new and exciting. The high-quality graphics and immersive soundtracks make every session a thrill. It's the ultimate destination for anyone serious about slot gaming.
  12. My wife (now ex) and I, bought 10 rai of lovely land on the edge of the village in 2004 for 400,000 Baht. My dream and hers, was always to build a nice house. Fast forward 11 years and her behaviour had deteriorated and I'm out. On divorce, it was valued at over 4 million Thai Baht which she accepted as a value on divorce settlement in UK. After the divvy up, she kept ownership of that land. I could not imagine wanting to live there myself with her or her family members all around. The Finnish man may well have the "right" to live on the property, but really, who would want to live there once the realtionship with wife and her family has gone toxic?
  13. How I wish I had not commuted twenty five % of my public sector pension, would be worth a hell of a lot more, but more tax, but then when it comes to means testing for really old age benefits, lost there too. Bit of a bugger really, a short time retired, got a win on Littlewoods Spot the Ball, matched the figure Id commuted, and endowment mortgage paid off with with a healthy bonus, still its the 82 year bit, that is the gamble, not many make it. Deferring years ago was something like 10.1%,now half the amount
  14. They need/want big spenders - the problem is they're now left with 3rd worldy tourists as their main visitors now - not as spendthrift, sanook or soft as 'westerners' they've replaced.
  15. Recently, I hauled more soil to my garden and flattened it. It's typical Thai red soil. After 6 months, about 25% of it is covered by grass already. Can you recommend some grass seed that I can buy online (Lazada) that grows well in this soil? Send link if you can. Also, is there any point in using fertilizer or something to help it grow? I know the best option would be to add a small layer of black soil, but I'm working with what I have. Here's a small sample. My strategy so far has been not to cut it, so it can grow seeds and multiply on its own.
  16. You don't know the wife or financial circumstances. Could be many valid reasons. OP @mommysboy has nothing to worry about. Just keep doing extensions and get a re-entry permit. Or, just do a marriage visa application each time needing to return to Thailand. Neither is difficult.
  17. I was confused about that image, but you've explained it
  18. Yep boomers again - they still have cash to burn but are dying out - I doubt they'll be replaced by the younger generations in as bigger numbers so Thailand's future is probably Indian, Chinese and Russian. People knock Brits but Thailand was more prosperous AND fun for the natives when there were loads of us there. They all seem to be pretty tight but the Chinese and Russians also seem particularly joyless - though I guess that's what decades of communism does to a nation. So good luck Thailand, doesn't seem to be any planning so they'll probably need it.
  19. I tried to get my BB Prompt Pay to migrate to a new mobile. As it did not worked out on my first attempt on the ATM with the old phone, I thought let them do it in my local BB branch. Unfortunately, the competent staff that was very helpful in opening the account years back, seemed to be promoted away to higher positions, and it nowadays feels literally like you deal with kids in the Kindergarten. It's probably a issue that can be sorted, if you get the chance to find different staff. However, I was wondering what alternatives are around that working with PromptPay, what literally everyone uses here. I'm feeling that's the time has come not to relying on a single financial provider. My closest thinking was.something like True wallet, didn't look into yet. Line pay, you need a Thai ID, might find a turnaround there. I think in 7/11 they accept AliPay, another thing I didn't look into so far. Can anyone enlighten me?
  20. Surely this is a good thing as it will help tackle the overtourism mentioned in another thread on here. Unless they want less tourists but more Brits. And why wouldn't they.
  21. Totally agree. Total scam. IF the IDP has Thai language (it does not) then understand. The IDP I had two years ago did not have Thai language. It was in English. Same as my car/motorbike licence.
  1. Load more activity