All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Govt brushes off central bank’s call for review of digital wallet scheme Picture: Thai PBS The Bank of Thailand (BoT) has suggested that the government restrict the 'digital wallet' cash benefit scheme to around 15 million financially vulnerable individuals, instead of the planned 50 million in its proposal. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325845-govt-brushes-off-central-bank’s-call-for-review-of-digital-wallet-scheme/
  3. My point being that 30 000 woman and children haven't been killed . If you are claiming that they have been, then its you who is denying the truth The 30 000 figure is all inclusive . Hamas haven't given a figure for who the 30 000 people were . Its 30 000 people in total and that also includes the 500 people killed in the Hamas misfiring rocket on the hospital
  4. The Bank of Thailand (BoT) has suggested that the government restrict the 'digital wallet' cash benefit scheme to around 15 million financially vulnerable individuals, instead of the planned 50 million in its proposal. According to the BoT, this modification in the plan, costing 150 billion baht, can be effective immediately. Yet, the government has dismissed the Bank's proposal, stating there are no new elements in the recommendations. The BoT identifies low-income earners and state welfare card holders as the 'fragile' category. They predict a cash injection would stimulate the economy more effectively, as these groups are likely to spend more and buy local goods. The Bank's suggestion to implement the scheme in stages could decrease the strain on fiscal stability. However, the current format, costing approximately 500 billion baht, could result in long-term fiscal pressures, risk credit rating downgrades, and deter potential investors if the public debt stability is not maintained. Picture: Thai PBS -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  5. to continue: Thailand Live Thursday 25 April 2024 https://aseannow.com/topic/1325844-thailand-live-thursday-25-april-2024/
  6. Thai woman spills beans on corrupt cop’s love-linked traffic fines Photo via Facebook/ ขอนแก่นมีด่านบอกด้วย แจ้งข่าว and ThaiRath A Thai policewoman shed light on police corruption through social media posts, accusing a fellow police officer at Mueang Khon Kaen Police Station of directing traffic fine payments into his alleged girlfriend's bank account. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325816-thai-woman-spills-beans-on-corrupt-cop’s-love-linked-traffic-fines/
  7. Justice Minister Tawee Sodsong has stood firm against a recent petition asking the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to investigate the ministry's alleged misconduct relating to Thaksin Shinawatra's release from the hospital and parole. Photo courtesy of Bangkok Post Justice Minister Refutes Allegations of Misconduct Over Thaksin's Hospital Discharge Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325814-justice-minister-refutes-allegations-of-misconduct-over-thaksins-hospital-discharge/
  8. You are the one trying to deny the truth. The claim of 13000 Hamas killed is just a body count. How many might be included in the 32000 registered fatalities is conjectural. Some overlap could have occurred. For example, the summary executions just discovered in a mass grave at the Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis might reasonably be expected to be added to the 13000 already claimed, but if identifiable they could also be included in registered fatalities.
  9. Many Westerners come as groups, too. And many of these tours bring you to really exciting places ;) But I was also talking about independent travelers.
  10. I got my TIN 2 years ago at the Chonburi Tax Office in Naklua & at 1st they were reluctant to give me one solely on the basis of reclaiming withheld interest but I'd already briefed the GF to explain to them that we were buying a condo in my name & needed a TIN to pay property tax... they seemed a bit confused about this but gave me one anyway. NB. I got mine because the UK Bank who I have a mortgage one was insisting I got one, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
  11. It depends how you look at it. Back then the Palestinians were pretty defenseless against the Zionist militias committing atrocities. Why shouldn't the Arabs have come to their aid? Moshe Dayan and others from the Haganah militia were trained by Orde Wingate, a Christian Zionist British intelligence officer the late 30s. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Night_Squads : "The military historian Hew Strachan has described the tactics Wingate employed as a form of state terrorism,[5] and its mode of operation eventually to lead to allegations that Wingate had effectively organized these nights squads into Jewish 'murder gangs' or 'death squads'.[6][5] According to Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld, their training included "how to kill without compunction, how to interrogate prisoners by shooting every tenth man to make the rest talk;"
  12. 1. Urease breath test (important to stop PPIs if on them beforehand, preferrably for 2 weeks) 2. Stool test (antigen or PCR. Usally antigen). Not as widely available here as breath test but large hospitals can do. (Ditto re PPI). There is also a blood test (serology) but it is not as accurate as the 2 above and cannot distinguish current from past infection. 3. I seem to remember paying about 2k for urea breath test. I don't know for stool test but might be 1-2 k. (Private hospital rate).
  13. Sorry, I don't know any agency for this. Whether the "token amount" would work - I don't know. I know one RD office where it didn't work. No tax no TIN.
  14. if you do not want to be charged with crimes then it might be a good idea not to commit crimes and leave massive piles of evidence behind....whether magas like it or not it is the job of doj fbi and ag to investigate and gather evidence when crimes are alleged and then present that evidence to a grand jury of regular citizens who then determine whether the evidence warrants indictments.....that is what has happened. I doubt trump will be bankrupted as he seems to have a lot of delusional fools willing to keep sending him $$ to pay the army of lawyers who are trying to defend the indefensible.
  15. Today
  16. Someone asked and I didn't see a clear response. What is/are the test(s) that can determine if someone has HP? Yes, you can get an endoscopy and they can take samples, but that seems quite cumbersome and likely expensive. There's apparently a breath test, and maybe other mechanisms able to determine whether the bacteria is present. So if someone knowledgeable could tell the tests, and which are available in Thailand, and maybe the estimated cost, it would be greatly appreciated.
  17. The issue here is not what the TRD might or might not do. The issue is, those people who do not file a return are capable of having their previous 10 tax years audited whereas those who have filed are only exposed to audits covering the previous 2 tax years.
  18. These are going for around 40k baht. I spotted this for sale in Pattaya. Problem is I can't find anyone selling with a green book
  19. So many people complain about their OAP is not enough to live, now I like to prove you can have a decent live on the OAP (Australia) maybe not in the UK or US. This is a copy of my last payment; I do get 1277 $ per fortnight, my rent is just 480 $ per fortnight yes, I am lucky I don't live in the east of Australia. I posted my rent here many times so don't ask me again. I do feel sorry for people paying abnormal rent. Here is my payment Payment Details Age Pension + $1020.60 Rent Assistance + $188.20 Pension Supplement + $81.60 Energy Supplement + $14.10 Gross payment amount + $1304.50
  20. And when was the bank letter issued please? Great report BTW, many thanks
  21. 1. Are gifts important to your love for someone? Are they integral to your relationships? 2.Sharing food, fair enough. I don't have any problems either, but I wasn't /am not arguing that we are different on all counts 3. Do you do what your mum and dad want you to do rather than doing what you want to do as an adult? If your parents did not like your gf would you dump her? 4. The more I live here, the more difficult I find pda. I get a lot of stares anyway living in an area without many westerners. 5. Did your gf/wife accept to you having a bit on the side. Would you be okay with your lady having sex with another man? Ultimately, the answers to the above make little difference, but for me there are some points I can accept and others not. If she expect gifts in return for love, this is a transaction, not a relationship to me. If she did what her parents wanted her to do rather than what we as a couple wanted to do, once again, end of relationship. If she want to bend over for other men on the side, once again it's not gonna work with me, but we all have our own boundaries.
  1. Load more activity