All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Better to have the problem while on the runway than after take off .................LOL
  3. Rather than a telescoping baton, which is not legal, try a wooden or rattan cane. You can carry that everywhere, and can even learn some Martial Arts forms for them. If you don't want a cane, a strong umbrella, either full or telescoping will work. This guy sells them out of Poland. I can attest that the collapsible one works. https://unbreakableumbrella.com/unbreakable-telescopic-umbrella/
  4. But don't vape it cos you will be in a world of Eartha Kitt 🤔
  5. Yes but only to 1 year, not sure if it affects other medicals or just the OGUK
  6. Are they still planning to ban Majwana again? Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?
  7. Thanks, will try to grab an in.th later today. I actually want an or.th as am considering a non profit but I need to research that whole topic deeper as to haw heavy the costs of such a venture may be.
  8. Yes Phuket Airport did not disclose the specific flight, but FlightRadar24 data indicates that it was Aeroflot flight SU626 from Yekaterinburg, operated by an Airbus A330-300, registration number RA-73783. Details appeared in Russian language media. https://www.novostiphuketa.asia/polomka-laynera-aeroflota-pri-posadke-sorvala-grafik-reysov-na-phukete-20061.php
  9. Did the almost 12 billion usd (180 billion in today's money) from USA not help a little? Or could that be compared to current financial aid given to Ukraine after being invaded by an aggressor?
  10. I will go look for a counterfeit tax display before I will pay it. In fact that may be my next thread
  11. Only income that comes from a fixed UK asset. Eg rental returns, forestry income, etc etc are always taxed at source as they arise from a UK based physical asset. UK employment depends on multile factors (location and residency at the time of the engagement, permanent establishment of the employer, etc but again is not 'always' UK (despite what the UK tax man tries to imply and make people believe) i have paid 100s of employee payrolls per week, 1000s of men a year, all UK employees, and the income tax was not paid in UK. Once a P85 is filed for non residence, you simply obtain an NT tax code and pensions (not armed forces or civil servants) are then not UK taxed. A successful application to HMRC would result in a change to your tax code, with an ‘NT’ Tax Code, applied as a non-resident. Your pension trustee would receive confirmation from HMRC of the change and income should be paid gross, without any tax deducted. https://www.forthcapital.com/articles/uk-pension-income-for-expats-where-do-you-pay-tax-and-what-is-an-nt-tax-code
  12. Leave sell or leave everything in home country. For example don't bring your lifetime collection of power tools, musical instruments LP records or furniture. Everything you really need is easily available here. Except good socks and underwear 😆There is always AMAZON. Rent! Never pay in advance for anything such as a gym membership/ Maybe a condo or vehicles but remember to not invest anything more you cannot afford to lose This includes relationships. And every expat needs to have have a backup plan whether it is returning to your home country or plan B Do not open a business Never purchase a home in a Thai woman's name
  13. The minimum meat on the bones reporting so as not to alarm our Russian friends 🤔
  14. Can you pay car tax at any dept of land transport you’d like throughout Thailand? Anyone know. Thanks for the posts good to know.
  15. Thailand is turning into a narco state who the hell thinks up these things do they have any idea of the consequences??
  16. I thought you were referring to motorcycles. 390 cc hardly qualifies.
  17. $410 a week (Bt10,000) after paying rent is extremely tight. Doable in Thailand but isn't Aus an extremely expensive country to live in ?
  18. First file P85.. Second get NT tax code (based on that fact). Then UK pensions are tax free.. UNLESS its an armed forces or senior civil servant pension. Pension income is NOT 'domestic source' income like rental returns etc, it is not arising from a fixed UK asset. How can I receive my UK pension overseas without paying tax in the UK? Non-UK residents can apply directly to HMRC to obtain an NT code. What is an NT code? The NT stands for “nil-tax” and means that an individual is exempt from paying income tax on that specific income. In the case of non-residents this is because they are liable for tax in another country and, as per existing double-tax agreements between their country of residence and the UK, they are exempt from tax in the UK. https://valiant-wealth.com/how-will-my-uk-pension-be-taxed-if-i-live-overseas/
  19. Health Experts Debunk False Papaya Seed Cancer Cure Claims Photo courtesy of Yahoo News UK screenshot Health authorities have exposed the false notion that papaya seeds can cure cancer, a myth that became a social media sensation. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325856-health-experts-debunk-false-papaya-seed-cancer-cure-claims/
  20. Health authorities have exposed the false notion that papaya seeds can cure cancer, a myth that became a social media sensation. A fabricating post, shared on April 11 in Thai language on Facebook, cited a non-existent study from Chiang Mai University, suggesting that ingesting three ripened papaya seeds daily would kill cancer cells. This misinformation first emerged in October 2022 and resurfaced in February 2024, leading thousands to share the claim across social media platforms. Along with the viral posts was an unfounded video dissecting a ripe papaya, endorsing the supposed benefits of its seeds against various cancers. The bogus research cited in the posts was debunked by Prachya Kongtawelert, a biochemistry professor at Chiang Mai University, who clarified his work focuses on citrus and sesame extracts, not papaya seeds. Inevitably, the National Cancer Institute of Thailand discredited these claims, emphasising the lack of clinical evidence to support them, despite papaya being rich in vitamins A, C, and E. Meanwhile, health professionals keep praising the health benefits of onions known as the "queen of vegetables," yet how one could maximise these benefits remains to be explored. Top Photo courtesy of Yahoo News UK screenshot -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  21. About 90 percent of the posts I make get the "confused" emoji. There are plenty of dullards on AN but most of it is trolling behavior.
  22. I will update the document with the following: 80) As stated earlier, there is also a fine that is capable of being levied, for not filing a return, even when no tax is due, as long as the assessable income level is exceeded. Perhaps more importantly, TRD is empowered to audit the preceding 10 years tax returns in the event a tax resident fails to file a return after exceeding the threshold. Where returns have been made, TRD is only empowered to audit the preceding two years. It should be understood that there is no evidence presently that the TRD does undertake back audits on people who don’t file Neither are we aware that the fine is levied for not filing, when no tax is due. But it should also be noted that those facilities do exist and were only created in the last decade.
  23. There's a few around the intersection of 3rd road and Pattaya Tai. The two doctor clinics West of 3rd road. I had my ears syringed for I think 500 baht.
  1. Load more activity