All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, OK, agreed. A minor but not pedantic point on this is that not all UK fixed assets are taxed at source, property rental income can be received gross of tax under the Overseas Landlord Scheme, mine is.
  3. Illegal Thai Workers Protest in South Korea, Draw Criticism Online Photo by Facebook/ Fonfon Snt via Twitter/ Red Skull Thai illegal workers in South Korea have sparked outrage online for recently staging a protest against their arrests. The protestors gathered in front of an immigration office in Gyeonggi Province, asking for the local authorities to halt the crackdown on illegal workers in the country. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325858-illegal-thai-workers-protest-in-south-korea-draw-criticism-online/
  4. Key Visa, opposite the BigC South Pattaya. Used them before with excellent service.
  5. Photo by Facebook/ Fonfon Snt via Twitter/ Red Skull Thai illegal workers in South Korea have sparked outrage online for recently staging a protest against their arrests. The protestors gathered in front of an immigration office in Gyeonggi Province, asking for the local authorities to halt the crackdown on illegal workers in the country. Pictures of the event were shared on Facebook by a user named Fonfon Snt. The post quickly gained traction on Thai social media, attracting disdain from Thai netizens who accused the illegal workers of tarnishing Thailand's reputation and undermining the opportunities for legal Thai migrants in South Korea. The protestors, identified as Phi Noi or “Little Ghosts,” were criticized by online commenters for their illegal entry and stay in South Korea, the evasion of local taxes, and the unlawful seizure of local jobs. Responding to the online backlash, Fonfon Snt eventually shut down her Facebook account. So far, there has been no official response from the local authorities in South Korea regarding the protest. This is not the first debacle involving illegal Thai workers in South Korea. Earlier, they were criticized for causing stricter entry restrictions for Thai tourists in South Korea, leading to several being barred from entering, including celebrities and popular public figures. -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  6. That is positive feedback..... they did mine a few years prior, fine service then. Glad to hear things are still ok after the owner passed.
  7. hydrogen peroxide from pharmacy or 7/11. about 50 baht.
  8. I'm not confident enough But your right , I guess I could if I tried it
  9. You can do it yourself. Get a plastic syringe at a pharmacy, fill it with warm water, inject it into the ear. Tilt the head and hold it there for five or ten minutes.
  10. I might try this guy today See if I can get a appointment
  11. I don't find it difficult to carry a card but a card can be used for online purchases without physically having it with you. I have come across a couple of places in Thailand that didn't accept either of my visa cards and on those occasions I had to use the K Bank scan feature. That has only happened in Thailand though, in the UK just about everywhere accepts a visa card. I'm guessing here but the places in Thailand that wouldn't accept my cards probably didn't have card machines due to transaction fees. I'd actually rather not have K Bank, or any other banking application on my phone as I don't consider a mobile phone as secure but I was having problems getting One Time Passwords from Kasikorn when I'm in the UK. Kasikorn suggested that I use the K Bank App and that did indeed solve the problem. I just don't see the point of all these electronic wallets etc. Surely all it does is complicate things and make it more difficult to keep track of things? Surely you have to have a bank account in order to load money on to those wallets? I'm struggling to see the benefits. When in Thailand though, I mostly use cash.
  12. For information and the avoidance of doubt, all moderator actions in this thread require the agreement and active participation of myself and one other Moderator or Admin and must be agreed by both people before any action can proceed. This process was implemented a few days ago to ensure there can be no suggestion of bias, either for or against.
  13. Yes, lots of debris was removed. Big difference.
  14. Pattaya Immigration Nab 21 Burmese People Without Passports Photo courtesy of TMN Cable TV Pattaya 21 Burmese individuals without proper documentation have been apprehended in Pattaya. Local police, led by Pol Lt Col Weerachai Thinkhamut, raided two rented homes on Soi Kho Phai after receiving complaints about disruptive noise. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325857-pattaya-immigration-nab-21-burmese-people-without-passports/
  15. I live in Pattaya, and I used Thai Visa Express to do this last year - all very smooth https://thaivisa-express.com/uk-passport-application-thailand/ Well worth the agents fee to avoid the hassle and 2 trips to Bangkok
  16. Photo courtesy of TMN Cable TV Pattaya 21 Burmese individuals without proper documentation have been apprehended in Pattaya. Local police, led by Pol Lt Col Weerachai Thinkhamut, raided two rented homes on Soi Kho Phai after receiving complaints about disruptive noise. Among those arrested, 19 were men and two were women, all of whom had no passports or visas. The houses' caretaker, Mr. Somphoch Cheablam, stated that he had rented the homes to Burmese nationals with legal documents but lost control when these individuals invited undocumented friends. He charged them 2,000 baht monthly, with an initial deposit of 1,000 baht. The unidentified owner of the properties, based in Chonburi, will face fines for failing to report the accommodation of foreign nationals within a 24-hour timeline, as per local regulations. The arrested individuals will be processed by Pattaya Police Station and eventually deported back to Myanmar. -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  17. No..... so I do not expect they feel obliged to let me in without. Sauce for the goose and all that.
  18. Been in Thailand long enough and seen plenty of places full of working girls to know that 99.9% are willingly engaging in this profession, which makes the force prostitution claim hard to accept...
  19. It is my understanding that METVs are only available in your own country.
  20. Did it make any difference? Did you hear better or not really?
  21. Been coping a length from uncles and brothers since their very early teens, might as well step it up and get paid for it !
  22. Better to have the problem while on the runway than after take off .................LOL
  1. Load more activity