All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. British state pension is currently 12,000 pounds a year. I'm happy enough with that.
  3. "UP" is a typing error, but most understood it was.......🤭 "PC", is for computer, but most understood it's meaning......🤭
  4. I am wondering who wrote the OP, possibly a MAGA supporter who made it past primary school.
  5. 🙂 in NST IO that would get you a ''dark influence'' warning. seriously, that is waaay to confrontational for Thailand, don't you think?
  6. I posted it because I see similarities. I see a stupid person with white lines. I can't believe you wasted your time commenting, you are becoming one of those clueless, yappy type.
  7. Unsurprisingly, like a lot of anti-EVers, you don’t know of what you speak. Lots of condos and apartments have chargers installed in their car parks. https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/ev-chargers-installed-at-700-hdb-carparks-new-public-fast-chargers-in-toa-payoh-punggol What’s ridiculous is the amount of air borne pollution caused by ICEVs, especially diesel. I imagine breathing the air in downtown Bangkok nowadays, especially with the heat, must be pretty unbearable.
  8. Must be the most stupid statement of the day. Thanks.
  9. Unless they're not actually fascists, but law abiding decent people who wish for them and their families to be able to live in their own country in peace without being stabbed to death by someone shouting Aluha Ahkbar.
  10. Yes you will but no they are not, at least not in my opinion. The Thai bank charges for the spread between buy and sell on most currencies, historically, has always been far better than anything found in the West. That spread for paper money is always going to be large because if capitalises on tourists who want to exchange cash. But the TT rates are significantly better. USD paper money buy = 36.49 USD paper money sell = 37.22 USD TT rate buy = 36.82 USD TT rate sell = 37.12 As you can see, the total spread for paper money is 0.73 whilst the total spread on the TT rate is only 0.30. https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/View-Rates/Foreign-Exchange-Rates
  11. I think 2000. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_state_pension Two people who clearly didn't bother to read the whole article before asking questions. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), despite mounting criticism, stands by this policy, asserting that it has been in place for over 70 years.
  12. The TRD could wonder all they want, it would take years for me to convert my savings into Thai baht and there would be proof every step of the way. Meantime, my pension payments can accumulate in an Australian account away from prying eyes. I am risk averse too, my policy is to give ANY government department as little information as possible. Giving them data is like feeding piranhas.
  13. I proved you’re a liar like the rest of those on the left.
  14. I can't believe you wasted your time on that. I wonder what you were like in your younger days.............
  15. English translations of documents required for various government services is standard here in Thailand. It’s not new. That it is expensive to translate documents in Europe is not the BOI’s problem. The Thai immigration involvement is integral to the LTR process. You are asking to get a visa after all. I got my pensioner LTR in January 2023. The process was incredibly easy (compared to the 1 year extension process) and the BOI has been incredibly helpful.
  16. Anyone noticed that so called liberals are suddenly in favour of no freedom of speech,censorship,cancel culture done a complete 180 on "my body my choice" and now fully support the deep state (CIA,FBI,NSA etc etc) intruding into every aspect of their life ?
  17. What is 'UP state pension' ? and what/who is PC ?
  18. Indeed, although in the case of LiFePO4 packs if the hydrogen is being emitted there're rather more serious issues afoot. Now, if we are using lead-acid then ...
  19. Er, a sentence constructed in that manner unequivocally states that Thailand is a Commonwealth country. It's included in a list consisting solely of other Commonwealth countries, preceded by the statements "Most Commonwealth countries are included ... these include ... such as ..." In this example, a tangerine is clearly categorised as a vegetable. "Most vegetables are included in the frozen list; these include vegetables such as aubergine, carrots, swedes, new potatoes, Tangerines ..."
  20. You noted it, but missed out the court also states that Hamas must release all hostages with no pre conditions.
  21. I do not advocate violence at any time especially from a man to a woman... however it was refreshing to see her get her due reward for being the ash that she is... revoke her visa for assaulting him and deport her.
  22. I give Ferrero Rocher to the assistants. All Thais seem to love them. The surgeon got my 300,000+ baht but I do give chocs to my dentist. (She's cute.)
  23. Bqrgirls and massage workers make more then these lousy pensions. Probably the worst pension system in the advanced west. What an embarrassment and a joke.
  24. About the same as myself (though chuckle to myself) when Thais drown their pizza in ketchup (tomato sauce) ... W T F
  1. Load more activity