All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well yes ..... and I think there's a consensus amongst the learned forum members on that .... No!
  3. If you help the mother, the next thing is new debts or the uncle who now needs urgent help too. To then still leave you if you finally stop paying those things.
  4. I am intent on buying a truck next month. All the ones I've looked at are equipped with Euro 4 engines, I was wondering what kind of diesel they will be able to use without having problems since the government seems to be directed toward eliminating regular diesel.
  5. Well I wouldnt ask people whether I should spend 1m baht or not. You have to choose your own budget. For me 50,000 is the limit on anything. Not for debts though but buying useful things.
  6. Feudalism slowly fading, slowly slowly. If we live long enough (30 more years?), we may actually see democracy and equality replace hierarchy & status in the national culture.
  7. They did affect me, that's why I posted. What bit of that do you not quite grasp? I am about to solve my issue by using the ignore button for three members including yourself. No need to reply although I know just how much you need to get the last word in.
  8. For enthusiasts eager to excel in Muay Thai at its origin in Thailand, the venture offers not only a profound enrichment but is also situated amidst the country’s scenic beauty and famed hospitality. Nonetheless, before commencing this transformative odyssey, it is imperative to address a vital consideration – obtaining a suitable visa for your Muay Thai training endeavours. The process of obtaining a visa may appear complex initially, yet with accurate information, it becomes entirely feasible. Thailand offers an Education Visa (ED visa), specifically designed for international participants engaged in educational pursuits within the nation, which encompasses Muay Thai training. This particular visa grants a stay of up to one year in Thailand, enabling ample time for thorough training, skill enhancement, and immersion in the local culture. It is imperative to acknowledge that recent mandates demand a thorough examination of ED visa applications. A critical stipulation is participation in a recognized Muay Thai program; this requirement is crucial for sustaining qualification for the visa. The purpose of this article is to furnish an exhaustive overview of procuring an ED visa for your Muay Thai endeavour in Thailand, guaranteeing you are adequately equipped to actualize your ambitions. We shall now proceed to explore the specifics. Understanding the Muay Thai visa in Thailand Engaging in Muay Thai training within Thailand necessitates the acquisition of an Education Visa (ED visa), specifically tailored for foreign nationals desiring prolonged stays in the country to partake in educational endeavours, including Muay Thai training. This visa serves as an essential element for those aiming to gain a comprehensive understanding of the discipline directly from its origin. Eligibility for the Muay Thai visa requires enrollment at a certified Muay Thai institution. These establishments are not only renowned for their superior instruction but also assist in the visa application process. It is important to acknowledge that requirements may differ based on the institution and its geographical location; therefore, direct consultation with the intended school is advised for precise information. From an economic perspective, investing in such training constitutes a significant investment in one’s personal development and passion. For example, participation costs for a 6-month course might commence at 41,000 THB, and a 9-month program could start at approximately 46,000 THB. Generally, these fees encompass both training and occasionally accommodation; nevertheless, it is imperative to confirm what is included in each program. Upholding eligibility under a Muay Thai visa demands active engagement in your selected training program. This endeavour goes beyond merely residing in Thailand; it requires a genuine commitment to advancing one’s proficiency in Muay Thai. Regular attendance and ongoing assessments of progress are essential components of maintaining your visa status. Undertaking Muay Thai training in Thailand offers an exceptional opportunity. By thoroughly understanding and securing a Muay Thai visa for Thailand, participants undertake not just travel but embark on significant personal development and skill acquisition within the heart of Muay Thai culture. Adequate preparation—choosing an appropriate school and approaching this venture with determination—are key factors to ensuring a rewarding experience. Types of Muay Thai Visas When planning your Muay Thai training journey in Thailand, understanding the visa options available is crucial. Each type of visa serves a different purpose and understanding these will help you plan your stay effectively. Tourist visa Initially, you might consider a Tourist Visa for short-term visits. Designed for leisure travel, it allows you to explore training opportunities or even engage in short-term training at a Muay Thai gym. However, remember it’s crucial to adhere to the conditions of your visa. Education visa Individuals committed to deeply engaging with Muay Thai may find the Education Visa (ED visa) most suitable. This particular visa is designed exclusively for students registered in certified Muay Thai programs, as acknowledged by the Thai Ministry of Education. Offering durations that generally extend from six months to one year, the ED visa facilitates a more profound involvement in both Muay Thai culture and its training regimen. Securing an ED visa involves enrolling in a certified program and meeting Thai immigration’s requirements, including regular check-ins. It’s a commitment not just to learning Muay Thai but also to respecting and adhering to the educational visa’s stipulations. Whether you’re in Thailand for a brief Muay Thai experience or a long-term training journey, choosing the right visa is essential. Each option has its prerequisites and benefits tailored to your training goals. Requirements for a Muay Thai Visa When considering a Muay Thai visa in Thailand, understanding the requirements is crucial. First off, you need a 60-day tourist visa. This serves as your entry ticket. Apply for it via the official Thai e-Visa website. It’s your foundation for a longer stay, giving you the scaffold to build upon your Muay Thai journey. Next, find a certified Muay Thai program. This isn’t just any program. It must be recognized by Thailand’s Ministry of Education. Such certification ensures the quality of your training and legitimizes your stay. Additionally, pick a gym that assists with the Non-immigrant Education Visa (ED) process. They’ll be your guide, smoothing out potential bureaucratic hurdles. Here’s something you can’t overlook: financial proof. Be ready to show you have at least 20,000 THB (around £593) in funds. Bank statements usually suffice. It’s a way to prove you can sustain yourself during your stay. Let’s talk about costs. Visa fees vary, ranging from £59 to £200. These figures depend on your chosen program and the assisting gym. Remember, the right gym can make a significant difference in the application process. Lastly, commit to the training hours. Requirements vary, expect to complete between 200 to 400 hours. It’s intensive, but it’s what makes the experience genuinely transformative. Additionally, you’re required to report to the immigration office every 90 days. It’s to confirm your address and maintain your visa status. Embracing these requirements is the first step towards your Muay Thai journey in Thailand. With the right preparation, you’ll navigate the process smoothly, moving closer to your goal. Remember, each step is part of the larger adventure, enriching your understanding and appreciation of Muay Thai culture. The application process for a Muay Thai Visa Embarking on your Muay Thai training journey in Thailand starts with understanding the visa application process. Applying for a Muay visa in Thailand is intensive, yet manageable with the right preparation. This section guides you through the essential steps to secure your training visa, ensuring you’re ready for an immersive cultural and physical experience. Firstly, start by gathering all necessary documents. Your valid passport is crucial, as is proof of acceptance into a certified Muay Thai program. Remember, Thailand values security; a clean criminal record is non-negotiable. Documentation showing financial stability, with at least 20,000 THB (£593) in your account, demonstrates your ability to support yourself during your stay. Next, tackle the visa application itself. Be prepared for a detailed process. The official Thai e-Visa website is your starting point, offering a streamlined path to applying online. Yet, patience is key. Processing times vary significantly based on your chosen school and course length. Refer to the table below for an estimate Upon submission, regular checks for updates are advisable. Changes in visa regulations can occur unexpectedly, requiring you to stay informed and ready to adapt. Facing visa denial can be discouraging, but it’s an obstacle you can overcome. Begin by identifying the reasons for rejection provided by the Thai consulate. Next, address these issues directly—whether it’s providing additional documentation or clarifying your training intentions. Reapplying with a strengthened application can turn your visa denial into approval. -- The Thaiger 2024-03-28
  9. My girlfriend got a US tourist visa this past Autumn. We'd like to spend four or five months there together this summer. I'm not sure the best way to handle this and ensure she is allowed in. She will be staying with me so she won't need to pay for hotels, but I'm worried telling immigration she's staying with a boyfriend will hurt her case. Paying for hotels for four months would be quite expensive and I think immigration might find that suspicious. We will be traveling separately on entry to the US. We're thinking about just booking her a three-week round-trip flight and then hoping they stamp her for the usual six months, then we can just change her return flight. But it would suck if they only stamped her for those three weeks (not sure if this happens or not). Another idea is to say she will be traveling around and staying with Thai friends. She also has a Thai friend graduating with her masters from a prestigious university in August which seems like a good reason to travel. She will have a letter from her company's HR stating she has leave for whatever interval she plans to travel. She will be a genuine tourist, not working. She has a good job and a condo in Bangkok, a university degree, and speaks good English with a clear accent. Does anyone have experience with any of this? What's the best way to ensure she gets stamped in long enough for our plans? Any documents that are helpful to carry with her? Could be bank statements, hotel booking, letter(s) inviting her to stay with one or a few different Thai friends living in the US legally? Thanks!
  10. A bit of an expense to start with but saves a packet in the long run. The gas bottle and adapter were bought on Lazada. soda stream adapter - Buy soda stream adapter at Best Price in Thailand | www.lazada.co.th Co2 Gas Cylinder ราคาถูก ซื้อออนไลน์ที่ - มี.ค. 2024 | Lazada.co.th
  11. Thanks @topt I will also try to start another redirection with Royal Mail to my friend, I think in the last year of redirection there was a total of only about 20 letters, so not too much work for Royal Mail for about £60 per year.
  12. I flew JAL Saigon - Narita - SFO - Las Vegas on cheapest ticket, $ 637 one way, and got to select seats for free. Food (cold and tasteless Vietnamese pork) was lousy on the first leg. Otherwise very good trip. Will do it again.
  13. ..... Because some of us have had the same predicament, so we can share learnings based on experience. He's not asking some random guys on the Internet .... this is supposed to be a forum about life in Thailand (and about Trump .... and EV's) 😃
  14. Bobthegimp

Allergies

Not only did they didn't see you coming, they sent for you. Rinse your eyes a couple of times per day with saline solution and the problem will vanish.
  15. Your not be liable to pay any in laws debts as it's a deal you made with your wife when you married her, your fault. You got to lay down the law and not let them bully and take advantage or look for a new wife. If my Thai wife put a gun in my head to demand these requirements before marriage I would tell her good luck with your next marriage.
  16. I also remember those days. Not the same portrait on the notes now…
  17. In a lot of countries, you don't get your money until you've removed your card, which seems way more practical to me. I admit that I have left my card in an ATM twice in Thailand - and in both cases I'd become distracted because I'm used to getting my card before the cash. In spite of the derogatory comments, it's not dementia. Thieves and pickpockets have been using distraction for millennia, so the key to keeping focus is to have a mantra or a mental procedure and you train your brain to "tune out' until the procedure is complete. When I leave the house, I have 'TMLKP', my missus is always late and she tries to distract me with "have you seen my bra?" or "where's my lipstick?" etc. I just tune it out until I've ticked all my 'TMLKP' boxes. I used to be a scatter-brain which isn't good when you travel extensively for a living, so I started using these "mantras" in my mid 20's and I've never since forgotten my passport, left my wallet anywhere or left my kids home alone at Christmas.
  18. Thank you for your advice and photo. I like your setup.
  19. You write "we", which indicates that you are talking about yourself plus one or more other persons, presumably all female. Do all of you feel that the estrogen product you are currently taking is now less effective than it used to be? For what purose are you taking estrogen, ie what is the specific effect that you feel has diminished?
  20. When we arrive at BKK after after flying business class, they allow us to use a special immigration line but I don't know if it called fast track. Also my wife and I are in our 70's and I think we would go to the special line if we flew economy.
  1. Load more activity