All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yea, I'm a cash guy also. Mainly because I don't want any apps on my phone, that I don't need. And for Immigration purposes, like to keep my bank account with as few deposits/withdrawals as possible. Which now is 12 deposits a year, and 3 or 4 withdrawals. Keeps my paperwork down. Transferring funds for every purchase would add about 5-10 transactions a month. Wife uses her account for transfers. My shopping is all cash. I do notice, people are getting better at it though. Phones out & ready, scan quickly and does seem to be a convenient process, for those wanting a record or not a fan of carrying cash.
  3. II don't see the problem, most Russians spend money when they are here, you don't see them hanging around the cheap charlie bars looking for 50 baht beers at Happy hours, We are entering low season here in Phuket is slowing right down, you can see it on the roads, I have spoke with a few people here and they are saying the same,
  4. The US just haven't got a clue. It is a characteristic of US foreign policy that they just don't get the rest of the world..... they never have. They only see it in terms of Amerigo-centricity.... And even when they were the biggest boy on the block they seldom got away with it. Now they haven't got a snowflake's chance in hell.
  5. I passed by the scene the day after, blood soaked cloths/bandages left lying at the scene, picked them all up and disposed of them
  6. Phuket immigration arrest Syrian fugitive with fake passports Picture: Daily News Phuket Immigration Police apprehended Mr. Mohannad Almazi, a 52-year-old Syrian national, who attempted to flee the war using fake passports. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325767-phuket-immigration-arrest-syrian-fugitive-with-fake-passports/
  7. Phuket Immigration Police apprehended Mr. Mohannad Almazi, a 52-year-old Syrian national, who attempted to flee the war using fake passports. He was caught at the departure area with passports from Syria and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), reported Daily News. Inspection revealed discrepancies in the passport details, prompting further investigation. Almazi admitted to obtaining the fake passports via Facebook, intending to travel to the UAE due to its visa flexibility and escape Syria's conflict. He faces charges for possessing and intending to use fake passports. The suspect was detained and handed over for legal proceedings. -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-24 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  8. Meanwhile in court. Pecker testifies to his part in ‘catch and kill’ on Trump’s behalf while Trump’s lawyer humiliated himself. The hearing on Trump’s flaunting the partial gag order didn’t go well, the ruling has yet to come. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/23/trump-hush-money-trial-new-york
  9. A couple of you here seem obsessed with the white line. Disregard the white line, no one pays any notice of the white line. If you are driving and stop at that white line you are endangering your life and property. This road takes a lot of traffic, most cars, trucks and buses travelling at 80 km/h. This main road traffic continues to flow, only stopping when vehicles have entered the intersection from the little soi's on the left or right, then the vehicles enter the intersection, only when there is a break in the traffic. This road runs parallel to the Sukhumvit, it takes similar traffic, it's a main thoroughfare, similar to the Sukhumvit. No driver in their right mind would stop at every little side street on the Sukhumvit, because this is dangerous. Most here are missing the point, the Swiss guy came shooting out of the side street, without looking or slowing, you'd have to be a crazy person or wanting to hurt yourself to drive this way. Another point is, it's the 19th, it's THE Songkran day, he's going to get stopped, powdered, ice water thrown at him, what is he doing out and about, the article says medication, I don't believe, you'd get your medication prior to Songkran, I'm sure all the other foreigners on their disability scooters are inside, safe and sound. There's more to the story than the unusual white line and the mystery why it's there, that's for another thread. That poor woman in the SUV, it would have scared her. On this road you never see a crazy person, flying out of a side street when vehicles are travelling at 80 km/h, she did nothing wrong, it's how every one drives on that road, nobody stops at a stupid white line (no one in their right mind). I'd say the Swiss guy has mental health issues, darting out of the side street would be similar to darting out of a side street on the Sukhumvit, I reckon he has tried to hurt himself. Is he trying to injure himself, is it an insurance job? Maybe the Swiss guy is aware of the white line, hoping for a payout, knowing his reckless behaviour would pay dividends.
  10. After Sean and Tucker the latest star is Walters and after observing him for a while I started to wonder: Do they grow them near area 51 or clone them?
  11. I’d be up for a 3000 baht entry fee if it scares the Chinese away 😋
  12. It's called a subpoena: He’s the first person ever to testify at a criminal trial of a former U.S. president, and David Pecker is doing so under subpoena, with his lawyer in the courtroom. https://apnews.com/live/trump-trial-updates-opening-statements
  13. That's debatable, hormones play an important part which seems to be why some people struggle
  14. Thailand doesn't have the equipment, knowledge or experience to build such a project. TH seems to have a problem building simple roadways without them collapsing, before even used. They/TH, just recently managed to keep their slow A$$ trains from derailing almost monthly, as they did days past, and not that long ago.
  15. And they're just now introducing a 300 baht tourist tariff??? S M F H
  16. Oldest person found at 114 years old, living in Krabi Picture: Daily News On April 23, 2024, officials from Krabi conducted health check-ups for two elderly people over 100 years old: Mrs. Sa Bohna, 104, and Mrs. Li Faon, 103. Both require close care due to their age. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325764-oldest-person-found-at-114-years-old-living-in-krabi/
  17. On April 23, 2024, officials from Krabi conducted health check-ups for two elderly people over 100 years old: Mrs. Sa Bohna, 104, and Mrs. Li Faon, 103. Both require close care due to their age. Mr. Kirit Sakakorn, Deputy Chairman of Krabi Education Council, stated they annually visit elderly people over 100 years old, starting in 2022, providing essential items and 5,000 baht eachm reported Daily News. Initially, in 2022, they found over 60 elderly people over 100, but more than 10 have passed away. In 2024, they found 53, with one person, Mrs. Paeng Chankul, aged 114, still able to walk. Additionally, in Nuea Khlong District, nine elderly people over 100 were found, some still able to read and do small tasks. Picture: Daily News -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-24 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  18. Just way too hot and the current 2.5 pmi pollution situation won't help attract new tourists....
  19. In Monday’s opening argument, the prosecutor Matthew Colangelo still evaded specifics about what was illegal about influencing an election, but then he claimed, “It was election fraud, pure and simple.” None of the relevant state or federal statutes refer to filing violations as fraud. Calling it “election fraud” is a legal and strategic mistake, exaggerating the case and setting up the jury with high expectations that the prosecutors cannot meet. https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/23/opinion/bragg-trump-trial.html
  20. amazing how those dems are able to convince life long trumper maga morons to testify against dear leader...must be some powerful "thugs" to pull that off especially knowing that the magas will threaten their fellow trumpers along with their families who dare to testify......enjoy the cult and the kool aide.
  21. I'll mention it to her... doesn't hurt to check. She's smart and legally qualified though, and this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the box.
  22. Like the old saying goes, .. Eat anything you like, just not a lot of anything, ... Many studies continue to show calorie restriction can extend life but at a cost to quality of life. Daily fasting where you eat only during a certain window can be very effective for weight control, but at the end of the day it's just thermal dynamics, more energy in as opposed to energy out and you're going to gain weight.
  23. Truemoneywallet wallet, accepted in 7 Eleven, Lotus, others? but nowhere near as widely accepted as Promptpay. Also try google wallet, I've seen the contactless symbol in supermarkets but I haven't used it
  1. Load more activity