All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Maybe he doesn't want to lose his business... as apposed to what you think.
  3. Time to plant bamboo. Think of all the scaffolding they will need.
  4. Have said this before and will say it again, at all the international airports they should just have a U-turn before passport control to take you back to your country on the same airplane you arrived in and buckets in the departure lounge that say "Please put in this bucket all the money you brought to spend on your holiday" Pompolo for head of TAT!
  5. Thinking of sending my daughter to school in Ban Chang and wondered if anyone knows any condos for rent in the area? Or possibly some reasonable houses or town houses?
  6. spidermike has been anti Big Joke, with absolutely no evidence to support his negative BJ posts, for as long as I can remember. The sad thing is that spidermike's posts are usually full of common sense and supported by evidence. Can't say the same for any of his posts about BJ. Thus far they have all been irrational guilty until proven innocent comments.
  7. That doesn't explain the exception that Trump was not charged with an "other crimes" felony as well. But that exception might be something the defense can explain to the jury
  8. When/if EV's rule the road, then cometh the tax man. Nowadays (US anyway) fuel is taxed and supposedly goes for infrastructure repairs and constructions...so, once gasoline ceases to be needed, states and fed will look to taxing motorists by the miles they drive every year - just wait they'll have to make up those billions of gasonline taxes for infrastructure in some manner and we already know that the govt is tax happy anyway. My opinion.
  9. As I said. It could be incidental. Yes they are confimed positive but that doesn't mean it's what they went to hospitital for hence the word incidental. No where did I say I'm disagreeing with the numbers of confirmed cases. Please don't misrepresent what I posted. This is just common manners.
  10. Brave young man... aged 27 with a business being forced to take a lottery dip and lose everything if he picks a red card... ludicrous Thailand.
  11. The ceremony was probably held in the restroom with people woken up early to participate.😋
  12. Official sitting down with the peace of paper, and pencil trying to figure out a way to get money disgusting disgraceful TIT
  13. That's departure tax, even locals have to pay that. They of course want a tax that only foreigners would pay, just don't have figured out how to execute the collection...
  14. Words fail me, or at least words that I can use on the forum to express how I feel about what I just read. If talking about hate and antisemitism, there is a certain country where one lot of Semites are attempting to eliminate a different lot of Semites, and they certainly talk about them in a hateful way. If the White House is concerned about Columbia they might want to look at Biden's actions ( as opposed to his words ) which are giving free reign to the one lot of Semites to blow the other lot to bits with all those big bombs that Biden has been sending them. One day Biden is going to wake up and realise a lot of Americans are not impressed with what he is doing in regards to that, and hopefully it will be on the day he finds out that he is unemployed, later this year. When it happens I wonder if he'll blame all those "antiSemites" for being a loser.
  15. It is a side street entering a busy road. It crosses the train tracks. Have you travelled on this road the SUV is on? It's a busy road, I'd say it gets similar traffic to the Sukhumvit. Do you give way to all side roads when travelling on the Sukhumvit? I see these reckless foreigners on their disability scooters driving around Pattaya, breaking the law regularly. Have a look at the video, he travels through the intersection at speed without looking, was he suicidal? That poor woman driving the SUV, she was minding her own business, travelling at speed (its a main road, all traffic travels at speed) then suddenly, seeing this lunatic cross her path would have been very scary. People need to be accountable, the Swiss guy racing through a busy intersection recklessly is very irresponsibile, he has no regard for the other road users. If the Swiss guy wants to kill himself, jump off a building, don't affect others. If you drive in this reckless manner I hope you have a will, better still buy yourself a Kenworth truck, so when you shoot out of a side street recklessly, at a busy intersection, at speed, without looking you'll be protected
  16. Just wondering,has this rise got anything to do with the high humidity combined with very high pollution levels causing those who are susceptible to get ill plus we all have to die at some point
  17. Maybe just because US has been a well managed country for the past three years.
  18. the drink cost is 2 baht, sh*t coke, so 50 for the girl, 48 for bar, a reasonable price means they will get many more drinks, remember they should be earning most of their money for STs and LTs, as for stories, I don't think "where you come from" and the like is worth more, of course can tip more for extras agreed
  19. Because lol there are two pairings to every exchange conversion apart from the USD which as the Worlds reserve currency has direct exchange rate with every worldwide currency Movement in either pairing (for those not holding USD) effects the bottom line
  20. Seen that on this forum for many years; and it's what I use to justify taking a tax credit for Thai taxes on bank interest -- on my US Tax Form 1040. A single line item for the credit; no further forms, if less than $600 (filing jointly). Sure beats getting a TIN and wasting an afternoon at RD offices, for a measly refund. [If I could get a TIN, I'd be obligated to try and get the refund first from Thailand. But, with multiple reports saying, as a retiree, I can't get a TIN -- an easy peasy response, with supporting notes, to the IRS, in the less than 1% chance I'd get a letter audit.] Certainly not tax evasion or avoidance -- just allowing Thailand to collect the full tax, and the US having to absorb a credit for the same. Seems fair.
  21. Simple so-called medical masks have some benefit in that they tend to capture/reduce the particles exhaled by the wearer.... So they have some benefit in reducing the risk to people around the wearer. But as you say, they don't have as much value in protecting the wearing from inhaling COVID particles that may be in the air, because they don't form a seal. For that purpose, N95 and similar masks are the way to go, because if worn properly, they provide an airtight seal in the face that only allows filtered air in and out. ----------------------------- "It’s true that masks work best when everyone around you is wearing one. That’s because when an infected person wears a mask, a large percentage of the infectious particles they exhale are trapped, stopping viral spread at the source. And when fewer viral particles are floating around the room, the masks others are wearing are likely to block those particles that have escaped. But there is also plenty of evidence showing that masks protect the wearer, even when others around them are mask-free. The amount of protection depends on the quality of the mask and how well it fits. Health experts recommend using an N95, KN95 or KF94 to protect yourself against the Omicron subvariant BA.2, which is now the dominant version of the coronavirus and is far more infectious than previous strains." New York Times https://archive.ph/jIsm5
  1. Load more activity