All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. KLA, I think you can see by the nick where I grew up. Have not been back in 5 years due to covid and work schedules. Have twins one in LA and one in SF. The LA daughter is working for Space X and we are looking forward to touring the Hawthorn facility. The SF daughter has a media consultancy. Have not seen either since they started this. Also I have a 50 year college reunion up in Crescent City. Looking forward to driving the whole of California and southern Oregon on the coast. Here the wife and I are like you often taken 3 day to 10 day domestic road trips around Thailand.
  3. It’s called a side “walk” but the motorcycles will probably not agree with that nomenclature
  4. Also a point to bear in mind is you'll be dealing with bank Ex rates for everything, which are historical a total rip off.
  5. I didn't realize that entitled british slag was a religion...
  6. Difference? Europe with binding laws for EU members (still some valid for UK pensioners) and Asia
  7. The "freeze" is not pro-actively operated as such. Uprating only exists for expats in countries which have a reciprocal Social Security agreement with the U.K. Expats emigrating to countries that don't have such reciprocal arrangements would know that before making their decision to emigrate (it's been like this for over 70 years). So why all the hew and cry now?
  8. Your response. Bottled it I'd expect nothing else from the anti-Semitic lobby
  9. I actually don’t have a problem with people using hard shell. To me it seems like luggage that should have been checked, because why wouldn’t it? It’s indestructible. But since the answer is probably “I already checked my maximum luggage” I’d say you need to handle other people’s carryon accordingly. There are plenty of real life examples of similar scenarios we deal with everyday but people like you I suppose are too dense to realize it.
  10. I have Truemove prepaid here and just add one of their roaming packages... If I were to stay a month... I'd just pop into the nearest Walmart and buy a cheap prepaid sim like Mint Mobile... If you have a phone that does eSim capabilities you have a host os options...
  11. Have seen so many of these type of accidents on Thai media, where you cringe, because you cannot understand why the bike rider slams straight into another vehicle without attempting to take avoiding action, likely because their eyes were not on the road.
  12. Retired at 55, moved to a foreign country without adequate financial planning. Blaming the govt, wonder if that is right. As with taxes govt like to meddle with the benefit (pension) age.
  13. good thing this happened in thailand then. but tell me a country that likes bmw and mb drivers.
  14. Eating somtam in the hot sun I fought the law and I won I fought the law and I won!
  15. I am not the poster you are arguing with over the issue of damage to fragile items. Having said that, I fail to see why my luggage choices should be dictated by the lack of consideration of others. There are also plenty of oversize hard shell cases with wheels being stowed in overhead lockers, which is a contradiction. Why does something supposed to be carried need wheels? Either you have not flown for a while, or you just don't want to see what is staring you in the face.
  16. Too many members fail to understand all the possible charges associated with these accounts, banks are in the business of selling products that make money, nothing is for free, even if it seems that way. The model that most members seem to have in their minds is that they will deposit foreign currency into a FCY account and then when the exchange rate looks promising, convert those funds into THB and spend them. But what if the exchange rate never looks right and the funds just sit there, is there an annual charge and what about the loss of interest that would otherwise have been earned? And what if your circumstances change and you want to send that foreign currency back overseas, can you and at what cost and, as we heard from one member, does it have to be exchanged into THB first and then foreign currency purchased again, before it can be remitted! As for withdrawing foreign currency in cash, USD or GBP or similar, what is the process the bank goes through and what is the cost, even if the currency in the first place!
  17. These intimidation tactics appearing in the workplace too. I recently saw a video of a construction worker being heckled in the break room for eating his lunch during Ramadan. If only someone had warned of the dangers. 😄
  18. Covers content Not interested Inappropriate Seen too often ADBRO is the full service ad network for high impact contextual advertising with direct access to the exclusive in-image inventories across major local publishers. We provide free creative adaptation into rich media, interactive and playable ads formats. Campaigns in our channel are delivered under guaranteed prices for actions with programmatic & managed delivery. We provide contextually segmented in-target audiences for over 60 industries with a full range of brand safety solutions. ADBRO operates across SE Asia, including Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia. To test our channel for your advertising campaigns or consider partnership programs for publishers, please contact us at www.adbro.me -- 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe I have no proof, but I'm convinced they didn't have appropriate fire extinguishers on board. (If any).🙏
  19. Good design practice for hydrogen releases inside structures with roofs is to use a ridge vent design where the ridge of the roof is removed and a “hat” is placed over the opening with a few cm of gap to allow the hydrogen to naturally flow out of the structure. With open soffits under the roof edge, a thermosiphon can be established to further aid hydrogen escape. Confined hydrogen is a good way to suddenly disassemble a structure 😉
  1. Load more activity