BANGKOK

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I converted my retirement extension to a married extension on income only and I had to supply piles of paperwork in duplicate up here in Khampaeng Phet. one set for KPP and a second set for CM. She threw about 60% of it away and that left about 25 documents doubled. I printed out 2 copies from my Garmin map which gave details of distances, turns, villages etc which she tossed out in favour of a hand drawn map from my wife, using of course their paperwork written in Thai. She did the same for the photos which had some Thai writing on it. Next year will be easier as I have done the hard work now.
  3. Talked to a friend in Khon Kaen around 3:00 PM, he said it was pouring there.
  4. No one will touch any assets in Australia. Unless you are silly enough to tell your wife you have Land and Money there. Then depending on the a Thai woman. The will in Thailand is the one that matters here, Aus. will dont stand up here. Please feel free to correct me.
  5. Last week we had one in the bathroom with diarrhea, it was all over the wall.....he was sitting on the shampoo bottle and got wet when i showered..but it was so sick it couldn't even climb the wall anymore. We also have them in the sliding doors, sometimes a crushed jinjok falls down when we open the door. They
  6. It’s really not that difficult. 1st read this - it has pictures! Check against what you have in your passport, then read it again. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102516-mandatory-health-insurance-for-over-50s-in-thailand-only-affects-those-on-non-immigrant-visa-o-a/ 2nd read this - But only if you are sure you are “non-immigrant visa o-a”. You can understand what, who and how are trying to make money off you. And yes, good luck obtaining that foreign insurance certificate, and having it accepted by Immigration. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1127990-mandatory-health-insurance-due-for-long-stay-tourists/
  7. According to Mrs Djayz, "yaba" is a big problem with the younger lads in our one street, no 7/11 village. Kind of understandable considering they do nothing all day long, have no hobbies/interests that stimulate them physically or mentally are are allowed to ride around on motorbikes from dawn to dusk. This bust was probably just the tip of the iceberg.
  8. I think underage prostitution is bad and the bar owners should definitely be prosecuted for allowing it. That said I would not be surprised if those girls did not feel like they were 'rescued'. Hopefully they were not forced or sold into it. I do know that still happens here.
  9. Indonesia shuts some schools as haze again clouds the skies An aerial view of Palembang city covered by smoke from the forest fire in South Sumatra province, Indonesia, October 14, 2019 in this photo taken by Antara Foto. Antara Foto/Nathan/ via REUTERS JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesia warned its citizens of more choking smoke from forest fires on Tuesday as several provinces closed schools due to worsening air quality. Full Story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1128751-indonesia-shuts-some-schools-as-haze-again-clouds-the-skies/
  10. Can not recall where I read but if airline accepted someone without proper visa and a valid flight out , they could be responsible to fly that person back for free but unsure if it works when it comes to Thailand
  11. Indonesia shuts some schools as haze again clouds the skies An aerial view of Palembang city covered by smoke from the forest fire in South Sumatra province, Indonesia, October 14, 2019 in this photo taken by Antara Foto. Antara Foto/Nathan/ via REUTERS JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesia warned its citizens of more choking smoke from forest fires on Tuesday as several provinces closed schools due to worsening air quality. An El Nino weather pattern this year has intensified annual dry-season fires, often caused by slash-and-burn clearing of forests and bush for farming, including plantations. The number of hot spots in parts of Sumatra and Borneo islands has been on the rise over the past week despite some rain, Indonesia’s weather agency said in a statement, warning that residents should be on alert for smog. A total of 1,547 hot spots, which indicate fires or heightened risk of fire, were detected in six provinces, the agency said, adding that smoke from the blazes may affect more provinces depending on the wind direction. The statement made no mention of potential cross-boundary smoke. Thick haze from fires had drifted to neighboring countries at the height of the dry season last month, triggering a diplomatic dispute between Indonesia and Malaysia. Some schools which had reopened after air quality improved, shut again this week. Authorities in Palembang, the provincial capital of South Sumatra, closed schools for three days from Monday with an extension if conditions did not improve, state news agency Antara reported. Residents were advised to wear masks when going out. An aerial photograph taken on Monday showing Palembang engulfed in thick, yellow haze featured on the front page of the Jakarta Post newspaper on Tuesday. Jambi, another city in Sumatra, has closed kindergartens for three days, Antara reported, citing a city government official. “As a protective measure against smog, all students, teachers, and administrative employees are urged to wear face masks while they are in schools and on the way to and from schools,” Jambi government spokesman Abu Bakar, was quoted as saying. For months, Indonesia has deployed thousands of personnel to fight the fires, utilizing dozens of aircraft to conduct water bombing and cloud-seeding efforts to trigger rain. Indonesia’s disaster agency last month said it expected the arrival of the rainy season - due at this time - to end the fires, which have affected more than 320,000 hectares of forests. -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-10-15 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  12. Really? How would you contact someone in an emergency or how would they contact you?
  13. You would be surprised. Have you updated the Aus will?? If not it is all fair game.
  14. Do not forget still pay for the immigration cell as well, around 700 baht per day if I am not mistaken and it’s not Pattaya 500 baht room standards either
  15. I'll believe THAT when I see it for myself.
  16. He looks like a monkey escaping the zoo, the famous Bua Khao zoo. BTW I'm surprised he was not electrocuted up there with all the loose wires.
  17. While all other economic indicators fall around them these morons think that some nutty professor type harebrained scheme of "eat, shop and spend" is going to save the economy. Delusional fools!
  18. Well, my take on this secretive impeachment enquiry is that the Dems are terrified to publicly look like fools twice in a row. Mueller's report gave them nothing to prosecute. So they're keeping this enquiry hidden just to prevent people from seeing through their impeachment sham. I think they're going to drag this out as long as they can, with cherry picked leaks and no full facts...hoping to build up negative press for Trump. Desperate strategy.
  19. Revert back to revoking article 50. Retain our borders and waters we never lost. UK law has always been prevalent. Pay the dues owed. and junk brexit in the garbage where it belongs.
  20. Police make huge drug haul at Nakhon Ratchasima checkpoint By THE NATION One person was arrested as more than seven million amphetamine pills, 105 kilogrammes of heroin and 300kg of ketamine were seized by police at a checkpoint in Nakhon Ratchasima. Full Story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1128749-police-make-huge-drug-haul-at-nakhon-ratchasima-checkpoint/
  21. You will want to thank me for telling you this. Just buy acupuncture needles online and you google acupuncture points on animals, you will find all the info you need. It is simple and it works. The cat doesn't feel the needle at all so not to worry. It's great fun to discover you could perform like a doctor. How long it takes? About one treatment every other day for a week. Your cat also need omega 3 fish oil, just cut the capsule and put the oil on the foods. One capsule a day.
  1. Load more activity