All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I expect it to be very busy this week as it was closed for Songkran, so I would be happy to skip that step if possible
  3. As your from the UK lets start there. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/visa-general-information?menu=65bb7713d0737318de2bab23 My best friend is married to a Chines lady residing with him in the UK. Her daughter attends Manchester University on a 'Study' visa. Last year she applied for the Thai Tourist visa, to meet friends from China in Thailand for a get together. She supplied a letter from the University, her UK Study visa, and obtained the visa. You may have to be resident in the Country you apply, but not neccassarily have permanent residency.
  4. The danger then being.... IF you [SAFATY FIRST] T-bones a motorcyclist while driving this way..... what defense will you have when the Police want to charge you for death by dangerous driving ???? - But everyone was doing it your honour... is not a valid excuse. ----------- The Road markings 'could' to be reversed to match the way people drive the roads, by switching the primary and secondary roads (from a legal perspective) such that those driving North-South parallel to the rail-tracks have legal right of way... and clear Stop Signs and Solid white lines to denote 'Give Way' on the East-West road.... BUT... as there is also a crossing - in busy traffic forcing the East-West vehicles to give way has a potentail catastrophic impact when the train barriers are in use (and a train in coming) as the North-South traffic not giving way would block the cars attempting to clear the rail crossing. Thus: The junction has to be set up this way - the issue of course is everyone ignoring and breaking the law and the Police doing nothing about the road law.... .... Poor road design, poor policing, poor drivers ignoring the rules, rider not riding defensively.
  5. Stop looking in the mirror! You will not disappear, unfortunately for us, that way! Just don't bother signing in again and give us all piece. You think you have had your incomprehensible rantings/say so please just drop the subject!
  6. They need to try harder, way harder I mean c'mon elite visa 20 yr price1 million upped to 5 million..........maybe give elite a call for some advice. Bet Elite visas die a death at those dumb prices
  7. BS. Europe is full of american tech. Doesn't mean that Europe is owned by the US. Actually quiet the opposite. Europe is going its own way more and more. Recently sign a trade deal with China against US will.
  8. Debt woes: Woman found dead in pond in Nong Bua Lamphu Photo courtesy of KhaoSod A 57 year old woman was found dead in a pond in Nong Bua Lamphu province, following a period of severe stress due to her tenants failing to pay three months’ worth of rent. Children playing nearby initially spotted the body floating in the water and alerted adults yesterday. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325737-debt-woes-woman-found-dead-in-pond-in-nong-bua-lamphu/
  9. So? Why would someone living and working abroad, wish to open a Thai bank account? In addition to it being an inconvenience and as we know, many people have problems opening a Thai account, there are issues of security and taxation. Even when I make the move to Thailand later this year, the bulk of my money will remain in the UK where I have legal protection against fraud etc. I know of several people who have been obtaining Multi No O's for years and don't have Thai bank accounts, one until recently who lived and worked in Iraq. His salary was paid into a dedicated offshore account where he was exempt from tax - a concession afforded to many offshore workers and a hell of a lot of them use Multis. Paying it into a Thai account would make it liable to assessment in Thailand. It is just not necessary and it is not an official requirement for any amount of cash to be in a Thai account.
  10. I've renewed my passport since my last 1 year extension, and had all my stamps transferred by immigration. Today I went to Songkhla Immigration (Hat Yai) to renew my extension, as I was assembling my documents this morning I thought, will they want the old passport? I put it in just in case, lucky I did as they requested it, and copied all the pages from the last entry on my original visa. Is this normal and will it be a continued requirement going forward?
  11. You do not need to make a TM30. However don't be surprised if Jomtien make you do one.
  12. I totally agree! I am fairly sure I can come up with a few of it's previous usernames!
  13. Run along, chap, nobody is interested in your baiting cr@p....... You've got some front calling me an idiot................🤣 Spend your now free time getting that REAL info ready to post here..........🤭
  14. Does anyone know whether this guy was Jewish or not ? If he was just Black then he deserves a pay-out , if he was Jewish than its his own fault for provoking the Police officers and he should be arrested and charged for being openly Jewish and being provocative
  15. Hi guys, I am going to Jomtien Immigration in the next couple of days to apply for my retirement extension. I already got from them a 3-month visa which expires next week. My question is, I see attached to my passport a notification of address slip that is dated from last September. I have not changed address for the last 3 years and I renewed my lease contract last week for another year. Do I need to get a new notification of address before I proceed for the application or is the old one good enough for this purpose ? Thanks in advance for your replies.
  16. Just leave. Nothing will happen at airport. Do next tm47 prior to 90 days after you return and hope they miss it. Worse case 2k fine.
  17. A 57 year old woman was found dead in a pond in Nong Bua Lamphu province, following a period of severe stress due to her tenants failing to pay three months’ worth of rent. Children playing nearby initially spotted the body floating in the water and alerted adults yesterday. The deceased, later identified as Sumalee, had expressed to her mother her frustration and desire not to continue living under the current circumstances. She had been leasing property to tenants for over two years at a monthly rate of 3,000 baht, but the payments had recently become inconsistent, accumulating to a debt of around 9,000 baht. Sumalee’s sister recounted that on the day of the discovery, Sumalee left their home at approximately 3.30pm, telling her mother she was going to a nearby hair salon. When she did not return, her sisters began searching for her. Eventually, they were informed of the tragic discovery in the pond near where Sumalee liked to walk in the evenings. Local police and rescue workers from Kuson Rescue Nong Bua Lamphu were notified and retrieved Sumalee’s body from the pond, located behind Wat Pho Chai Som Sada temple in Mueang district, for further investigation. The initial examination did not raise any suspicions from the family, who have decided to proceed with funeral rites according to their traditions. The children who first came across the body described seeing an object resembling a large sack floating in the water around 5.30pm, which upon closer inspection, was identified as a human corpse, reported KhaoSod. They quickly reported their discovery to nearby adults, who confirmed the situation and contacted the authorities. In related news, tension gripped Bo Win Subdistrict, East Pattaya on April 1 when a distressed woman scaled a telephone signal pole in a bid for attention. The woman’s husband disclosed that the incident unfolded after he returned from work in the evening when a dispute arose over financial matters. By Puntid Tantivangphaisal Caption: Photo courtesy of KhaoSod Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-23 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  18. I said if he picks... which he say's will lose him everything if he gets enlisted. Outdated system.
  19. Nice eyes, slim ankles, and IBT's. These are a few of my favorite things...
  20. Sorry, but I’m not that much of a techie. I just turn it on and it works. I originally downloaded the app (I Phone) in the USA but currently use it in Thailand.
  21. Call it what you want, justify it anyway you want, but at the end of the day, it's just "take take take".
  22. Call it what you want, justify it anyway you want, but at the end of the day, it's just "take take take".
  23. They don't know what they're saying. It's just a phrase they've heard that they think means "more free money, please.
  1. Load more activity