All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We can solve that situation by putting the property in our kid's name. The child takes full possession of the deed only upon majority. In the meantime, the parents maintain and enjoy the property. One wrinkle we ran into in our expat community is the ex selling the property using a provision in the law that the family was in duress. Another situation was upon majority the young man was browbeaten by the parent into allowing the parent control. Still, a deed solely in the child's name, is one way to provide a stepping stone to the child's future.
  3. Thanks for your polite response. No, I was not aware that LFP batteries contain no cobalt. That'll teach me not to follow this thread more closely.
  4. "...the people peaceably to assemble..." What the students are doing falls out the boundaries of this right. Their free speech right also does not include the interfering with the rights of others.
  5. Sacrilege and an abomination EDM etc
  6. Sorry for beating this horse to death, but my decision is to go for the usufruct now, and if I am around in five years and feel like it I can always pay the reduced price and get added to the chanotes. If anyone can see any flaws with this reasoning please speak up now or forever hold your peace 🙂
  7. I think the Land Dept has hot competition from the Customs Dept for the prize for the most corrupt government dept. Some years ago a friend sold his Sathorn condo and the Land officer offered a special service of reducing the transfer tax payable which was over 400k. They had prepared the cash and he took 100k for himself and wiped off the tax liability. He said he could offer this because he had noticed that the buyer and seller knew each other. Imagine the amount of tax revenue lost in a year like this. It might be more difficult now that the Land Dept allows electronic transfers to pay the transfer taxes but while there's a will, there's a way It would make things a bit easier but I don't think it is too difficult to transfer property for inheritances and there is a reduced rate of tax.
  8. I much prefer places with singers, it's what makes Thailand so enjoyable. Not when singing western rubbish of course.
  9. I got news for you. Languages change over time. That includes connotations. Not surprising to find fossilized thinking in a fan of fossil fuel.
  10. Keith Davidson, Stormy Daniel's attorney who testified about who approached who, was a Prosecution witness.
  11. Same situation, bit of an age difference. But we have a will that stipulates that everything goes to the surviving spouse, and then to the children when both of us have shuffled off this mortal coil. That was drawn up by Tilleke & Gibbin, so I am assuming they knew what they were doing.
  12. Now that the protesters/occupiers are slowly being cleared from the various campuses, some remarkable footage has emerged of the damage, graffiti and vandalized furnishings which they left behind. It seems quite reasonable to me that those who caused the damage should neither graduate nor be permitted to return to university, which is after all a considerable privilege, until the bill for cleaning up and restoration is met. How they meet that bill is of course up to them - Hamas' multi millionaire leaders may care to dip into their swollen bank accounts...
  13. They have a right to protest peacefully. They do not have the right to break law, which many seem to be doing. They also have the right to defy the school's rules and regulations, and the school has the right to expel them for it.
  14. Are you paying your water bill directly to the PWA or are billed by the condo? If the condo I suggest you go and talk to the office manager......... My PWA bills for a house paid direct have a fixed 30 baht charge component every month for many years including last month whatever my actual usage is.
  15. And how do you know Russia will stop at that? After regrouping and resupplying itself, what's to stop them from taking the rest of Ukraine? Then they will be right at Moldovas border, where they already keep soldiers against Moldovas will. What's to keep them from taking Moldova next? Then, emboldened by the West's weakness and defeatism, what's to stop them from taking more territory? Georgia? Then perhaps the Baltic states or Romania? Poland...?
  16. Phillipines > Sri Lanka > Laos > Myanmar > Cambodia > Thailand > Indonesia > India.
  17. What pie in the sky? They exist. They have batteries in operation at power plants. Their new 765 milllion dollar plant is about to open. Their batteries are being successfully used. It's headed by Mateo Jaramillo, the former head of the battery division of Tesla. And it's not just this company. There are lots more. For example: Natron Energy starts manufacturing ‘50,000+ cycle-life’ sodium-ion batteries at Michigan factory Natron Energy has started commercial-scale operations at its sodium-ion battery manufacturing plant in Michigan, US, and elaborated on how its technology compares to lithium-ion in answers provided to Energy-Storage.news. At full capacity the facility will produce 600MW of Natron’s ‘Prussian Blue’ electrode batteries primarily for the stationary energy storage system (ESS) market annually. At first it will mainly ship products to data centres starting in June, before expanding to industrial mobility, EV fast charging and telecommunications, among others. https://www.energy-storage.news/natron-energy-starts-manufacturing-50000-cycle-life-sodium-ion-batteries-at-michigan-factory/
  18. yawn. comments like this i guess is why you have 85K posts, totally pointless, like you.....
  19. I was surprised that the dictionary you quoted didn't use as an example the most common original usage of the word "denier". Holocaust denier was in popular use way before the word was appropriateld by the warmist cult to smear its opponents. Why would a dictionary omit such a thing?
  20. I have, and actually one of, if not my favorite restaurant in Udon Thani, and TH. Unfortunately closed up long ago. Had an excellent 'free' free-flow wine night, which had 'low key' quality band/singers, and nothing intrusive, and actually very welcome as background music, or watching them. Excellent food to top it off 👍👍 That said, not a fan of any music when dining, unless very low volume, and hopefully, instrumental, soft jazz preferred.
  21. Or they could just fund education rather than indoctrination centers.
  1. Load more activity