All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. sandyf

Seahorse Ferry

I think the pier being some way out of HH didn't help matters. We took a friend of ours who was staying in Pattaya over to HH and he planned to take the ferry back rather trying to get bus or taxi from Chonburi. Had to ask several people to try and find out where the pier was, can see many just not bothering.
  3. A new era? Only in Pattaya? Or everywhere in Thailand? What about to start first make it possible for pedestrians and wheel chairs to go on proper pavements instead to stumble upon bricks or holes or parked motorbikes or electric cables dangling in your way?🙏
  4. Wasn't it already difficult enough for some foreigners to open a Thai bank account?
  5. Have you ever been to Auckland? If you have you'd know. IMO it should be bulldozed into the ocean, and good riddance. A "luvvie" thinks they are saving the planet by driving an EV. In Auckland they ignore that the the electricity they use to charge them comes from Huntly, which burns dirty coal from overseas because the last lot banned us using cleaner NZ coal.
  6. Kids smoking it at school or home is not as common as the media would have you believe. On the rare occasions it does happen its clearly a breach of basic regulations and nothing to do with adults being allowed to use it . Alcohol is freely available for adults pretty much anywhere, yet there are few reports of school kids getting drunk at school, or indeed at home. Why would that be? Do you honestly think its solely due to the restrictions on selling it within close proximity to schools? or the age limit for buying it ? Restrictions which also apply to selling weed if I am not mistaken Stories and reports of that nature are little more than reefer madness propaganda or clickbait
  7. Because most places don't have a rubbish collection service, although that is changing as my village has started one, so people dump stuff anywhere.
  8. In UK the average age of covid death it is 80,3 years of age. Source: https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/averageageofthosewhohaddiedwithcovid19 And this tells you all you need to know about the necessity of pushing the covid-jabs on the entire population...
  9. Yikes ... that's doing something for all the wrong reasons.
  10. I am compelled to reply as we can debate sensibly as adults. I won’t say that there are to be a lot of cases that makes an EV unsuitable. In most cases, EVs are suitable for most people. Yes, there are a couple of circumstances that makes it less than ideal, main one being the need to make frequent long distance trips. The main downside is the time it takes to charge. For EV owners, they work around this by having their meals or other driving breaks when they need to charge. Having done it myself, it’s not as inconvenient as it might first appear. The charging network in Thailand is pretty good for most EV owners. Of course there are exceptions. Places like Pai and MHS naturally have less charging stations than Chiang Mai. The same goes for petrol stations. It’s a bit more challenging for condo dwellers, especially if the condo doesn’t provide charging facilities. Realistically though, one only needs to go to a PTT or Bangchak or PT only once a week to top up. Not very much different from filling an ICEV other than having to get out of the car and have a coffee or a bowl of noodles. As for reliability etc, we are talking about major multibillion dollar companies like BYD, SAIC, Geely… Not some small startup so I’m quite comfortable with relying on these companies. The driving experience is fantastic, instant power on tap if needed, quiet and smooth and comfortable. The savings are fantastic as well, in terms of petrol and no need for regular servicing of,oil, filters etc.
  11. Immigration is great......when the immigrants assimilate into the culture of the hosting nation and start to share the ethnicity. Sadly, too many Muslims, Afghans, East Europeans, Pakistanis and Africans don't come to Britain to assimilate....they come to stay totally separate from the host nation, not even learning the language. They come determined to maintain their own way of living and ethnicity and demand that the host nation change its laws to accommodate them. I'm sure there is no one of my age who was living in Britain at the time, who doesn't remember the howls of protest and demands for special privileges from the Sikh community when Britain introduced the helmet law. Sorry, don't come to a host nation and demand they change the laws for you. This is an example of the deeper issue of non-integration of certain groups. Europe is flooded with 'victims' at the moment all seeking special treatment (privilege) for their group. My attitude is that by all means come to Britain but integrate and learn the language. No illegals arriving on boats thank you. No fake asylum seekers. No benefits until you have had a job and paid in for two years. I would add, no single men/. Any single male fleeing a war, should be sent back to fight for his country.
  12. Thai Banks To Face Rigorous Compliance Regulations Starting June File photo credit: Wikipedia Thailand is set to implement stringent new compliance regulations for customers opening bank accounts, in response to a sharp rise in the misuse of these accounts for illicit or fraudulent activities. From November last year through the present, Thai authorities have closed over 300,000 "mule" accounts. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1327027-thai-banks-to-face-rigorous-compliance-regulations-starting-june/
  13. I realized that after I posted, got distracted ... oops
  14. There are photo and copy shops in the basement. I don't think they'd like your two-sheet TM7, but I can't tell you with confidence that they won't accept it either. You've got the correct two extra forms.
  15. File photo credit: Wikipedia Thailand is set to implement stringent new compliance regulations for customers opening bank accounts, in response to a sharp rise in the misuse of these accounts for illicit or fraudulent activities. From November last year through the present, Thai authorities have closed over 300,000 "mule" accounts. These regulations, as promulgated by the Bank of Thailand, the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO), the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the anti-online scam centre AOC 1441, are poised to take effect by June 1st, as confirmed by Prasert Jantararuangtong, Minister of Digital Economy and Society. All banks will now be required to strictly adhere to a Customer Due Diligence (CDD) approach. Local experts from the Thai authorities estimate that accounts exploited for offences could tally up to one million. Growing compliance in the digital banking sector has been encouraged due to the sustained efforts of financial institutions and related government initiatives. The digital banking market in Thailand is projected to grow by 8.69% between 2024 and 2028, as per Statista research. This growth trajectory is likely to be aligned with a surge in compliance-related efforts, aimed at meeting regulatory mandates and safeguarding against financial crimes. The Thai banking sector, a historical pillar of the nation’s economy, has been undergoing a significant transformation. McKinsey’s findings suggest a potential regain of regional clout, with a shift towards digital banking that necessitates a robust compliance framework to ensure transactional integrity. In closing, Thailand's digital banking sector's compliance industry is witnessing dynamic changes driven by regulatory strides, technology, and a commitment to enhancing the digital banking experience. As the sector evolves, compliance will form a foundational anchor, ensuring a secure, sustainable digital banking revolution, tuned with international best practices. These changes offer both opportunities and challenges to compliance professionals, who shall remain at the forefront of shielding the financial ecosystem from emerging risks. -- 2024-05-11 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  16. sandyf

Seahorse Ferry

Indeed, Sattahip was always going to be a challenge for passengers, a reliable service would have been much more attractive for freight.
  17. Nice gang. I hope we won't hear so much again. They might rot in jail forever.
  18. https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-law/father-of-the-child-legitimization-in-thailand/#:~:text=He can contact the Thai,child of the father's application.
  19. Our local Bangkok Bank will supply a 6 month printout on demand …a 12 month one takes about 1 week.
  20. 'thinking' is what you lack.... sheepy sheep sheep. you just read and listen to propaganda from either the media or politicians and believe everything. how has Putin effected your life that you don't like him and call him a dictator? your personal experience not an msm quote....
  21. I just had to get rid of some termite infested furniture and had to pay 1000 baht for a truck to take it away. Don’t know what he did with it. i haven’t been able to find any local authority tip in Bangkok open to the public to properly dispose of rubbish.
  1. Load more activity