All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. "private liking for guns" I think the authorities on SAmui have grossly underestimated the amount of foreigners on Samui who have firearms. In particular they should be looking at ex-military retirees, who settle on military pensions and don't drop their fascination for firearms - many look on it a a "right" I would start by checking gyms for people working without proper documentation. THey just think they can live outside the law.
  3. Government spokesperson Chai Wacharonke has announced that the chronic traffic issues on Rama II Road will soon be in the past, with all ongoing construction work to be finished by next year. This pledge came after a tense discussion on social media with Bangkok's Move Forward MP, Rukchanok Srinork, about the unbearable traffic conditions on this busy road. Chai countered on Monday, recounting a trip from Hua Hin to Bangkok that took a reasonable two hours and 40 minutes, contradicting claims of constant traffic. Rukchanok responded by accusing Chai of ignoring the real experiences of daily commuters. She referred to Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin's infamous bike ride in Chiang Mai as a sign of disconnect from reality. She also challenged Chai to experience the Rama II traffic jams for a month, and called for acknowledgement of the everyday struggles faced by people. In turn, Chai emphasised the government's dedication to solving the traffic problem. According to Thai PBS World, he laid out plans to speed up construction projects that have been on hold for over 50 years. Under a strict rule focused on public safety, construction is now restricted to late-night hours to lessen travel disruptions. Simultaneously, a sudden scaffolding collapse on Rama II Road in Samut Sakhon province has led to an immediate investigation, directed by Department of Highways Director-General Sarawut Songsivilai. A comprehensive safety check of all steel scaffolding along the elevated Motorway 82 (M82) is also planned. Elsewhere, Thailand's transport minister reported the construction on Rama II Road will still cause delays during the Songkran festival. Even though there are efforts to hasten the work, the project completion date is now moved to June 2025. The minister assured contractors would receive compensation to encourage quicker progress. Caption: Creative Common License via Bing -- 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  4. Almost certainly sarcasm but on the off chance that you are serious, just Google it.
  5. Just because you haven't experienced or seen what you define as a heatwave, doesn't me other people and parts of thailand have shared that experienced. My in laws who live 20km outside of Kanchanaburi have had to up sticks and move in with us as they simply could not bear the heat any longer and have had temperatures of 40+ for many, many days. And they have been in Thailand far longer than you or I being in their late 60's. They usually take the piss out of me as I am on the one complaining of the heat - nice to turn the tables for once. When we parked up to collect them and returned to the car an hour or so later - the temp in the car was a whopping 53 (obviously it a car and metal so conducts heat) but still I have rarely seen my car thermometer register anything above 40. Splitting hairs as to if this is a heatwave of not, simply ignores the fact that is it very hot. End of. And on that everyone agrees.
  6. Israel could stop the onslaught much easier if they wanted to...
  7. It was destroyed before that by the Czars. The average Russians have always had a tough life and it's made them what they are.
  8. good points, for basic users you get what you pay for, i've had HP, lenovo, acer all pretty similar, for sure check keyboard ans mousepad, and screen size and weight if that's what's important.
  9. Yeah. I was thinking I could do this in issan. I think they still use typewriters at my local office, and maybe sparrows for mail. I doubt this info has made it out there.
  10. You must have really big ears...
  11. I agree with most of the sentiment above, and, would add to stop using AI and use an intelligent human to read the plagiarised articles first before publishing. Acreditation to the source should be a given too.
  12. I always carry a cat under my arm if I'm out. If a dog attacks I release the cat and their point of attack changes. Seriously though, I've found if I stop, turn away and avoid eye contact they seem to get confused and stop. This only seems to work if it's one dog.
  13. I just hope you will not pull a gut straining yourself. But, here is data for December and other months in Chiang Mai, showing Relative Humidity. As I say, in Chiang Mai, the humidity is quite high during the Cool Season and the Raining Season. It is only during the HOT Season that the RH actually dips appreciably. https://wanderlog.com/weather/19/12/chiang-mai-weather-in-december#:~:text=How humid is it in,humid in March at 45%. During the winter months, mold often forms on leather products and on bathroom tile, due to high humidity in the cool season in Thailand. So, if you visit during these months, you can sometimes expect this to be the case.
  14. Rather than hijack this thread, please create a new thread about “cloud electricity consumption” and share your knowledge about it. Looking forward to it!
  15. Yes. Did it earlier this year when up country and realised mine would run out before I got home. PH
  16. When will the name of this new service be changed from ASEANNOW to the Russian Crime Report? It is vert simple. The reason that the Russians are here is because NO OTHER COUNTRY WANTS THEM.
  17. hope it was easy...my gay cousin had 2 sons with two wives before age 30....then he married a man almost 60....it was hard on his sons as he just left both with little warning
  18. I wonder who has killed more gay Palestinians, the Palestinians or the Israelis... 🤔
  19. Had a few Acer computers over the years and all have proven themselves to be solid machines. For that price you cant complain.
  20. Agreed, I also use cash as much as possible in the UK. Any form of payment where you don't see the money actually leaving you risks you losing track of what you spend. I do like the Kasikorn notifications system though - each time I use my card or a Direct Debit/Transfer goes out (or in), I get a notification of that transaction and an up to date balance.
  21. These guys just make up BS North Korea was under control? They fired rockets after agreeing not to and laughed in donnies face. Russia attacked Ukraine's navy, Isreal and Gaza exchanged rockets ,Syria ,Kurds ,Niger ?
  22. I am heavily into photography. I don't vlog but do have a Flickr account where I post my photos. Early morning and late afternoon are the best times. During the hours of dark when there has been rain always give some dramatic street photos as well.
  1. Load more activity