All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Business smarts not street smarts? I don't know, love bombed and falling for it. I believe I must have the emotional reactions of a cardboard box then.
  3. Every minuet detail of his show and dance return was crafted and agreed upon well before he boarded the plane, and one can safely assume that some big names were in on this circus act that unashamedly was played in front of the nation, and now, the charade continues...
  4. I always absolutely love it, when you post your pictures. The more, the better. What I find most amazing is, even though "my" village is 150 kilometers away, both location and people look absolutely identical. I would not have wondered if somebody told me, that your house or your farm were just up the road right in my village; alas, Ban Dung is the other side of Udon, while I spend my Thailand-time in Nong Bua Lamphu. But it really is eerie. In any case, I use your posts as a welcome "if only I could be there right now" moment, while I slave away here in Europe, until my well-earned time in Isaan comes around.
  5. Sorry to hear about your anxiety issues. THC it's a psychoactive chemical, which can however can still be controlled by the brain. There have been times where I was high and I needed to straighten up and my brain just took over and suddenly I didn't feel high anymore. So based on that, I suggest before you use cannabis you tell yourself that you're gonna go on a little trip now, that you're gonna have a good time and push any thoughts about anxiety out of your mind. I think that could work for you. The increased heart rate issue though seems to be a function of the chemical. I don't think it's psychosomatic. But I don't know why it happens only sometimes and not others. Maybe it happens all the time, but there are times when we are feeling good from the cannabis and we don't notice it. I don't believe it strain dependent though. Think that's some sort of placebo effect where you pre-programmed yourself to think that one strain will do one thing and another strain will do another. I suggest you try to take two strains that you think give you anxiety and take two strains that you feel don't give you anxiety. Then consume all four of them on different occasions blindly so that you don't know which one you're using. And make notes each time about how you felt. Maybe have a friend help you with this to make it easy. Then only check at the end of the four day or four session test period which ones you consumed on each occasion. I assume you're going to be surprised at the results.
  6. Well it's close enough to the 1st April. Ps, I do believe they have a small reactor at some university in Thailand for many years now.
  7. This board is such an intellectual resource!
  8. It's taken me a while but I have found a cunning way for a 13 year to circumvent the law. When signing up for a social media account say you are 15. I thank-you.
  9. Wow! I hope you reported that.
  10. Seems the poster you quoted thinks 26 tons is more than a drop in the bucket among 2 million people. Perhaps he thinks the Christ is going to reincarnate and repeat the miracle of the loaves and the fishes. It's a bit sad when some are so desperate to excuse israeli crimes that they start claiming silly things on here. Did he explain why it was even necessary for Spain to drop anything, when there are hundreds of trucks waiting outside Gaza loaded with hundreds of tons of food?
  11. I was stalked for a while by a person who left sad emojis on all my posts. He/she/it gave up some time ago when I ignored them. Memo OP: You should not be surprised by copping some flak if you are all over the shop, e.g. AA meetings yesterday, on the sauce today. Or, leaving, staying. I've also had two death threats, this was one I preserved, sent to me by PM:
  12. It's taken 6 months of slaughter to finally get to a point where it's no longer possible for Biden, Sunak and Co to hide behind the "israel has the right to defend itself" charade. Will israel abide by the decision? I hope so, but I fear not. IMO this is the critical moment in the conflict a/ netanyahu backs down and conforms to the court's order, in which case he has a HUGE problem with his hard core anti Palestinian cabinet members. b/ he doesn't and has a HUGE problem with most of the countries on the planet. While they probably didn't want to go against the US, there is now, IMO, nothing for Biden to hide behind anymore, so they may feel emboldened to start discussing sanctions on israel and arrest warrants for individuals. IMO this is the moment that Hamas has been waiting for, when the top court on the planet orders israel to stop starving Gazans to death, which if israel complies is probably the beginning of the end of the conflict, and a political win for Hamas. However, it gets REALLY interesting, if israel refuses to comply. Will Egypt open the gates if israel does not, which brings in a whole new dimension to the situation. Sisi can't be happy complying with israel to starve the Gazans as it makes him look bad too, and there is always the threat that starving Gazans may try and break into Egypt in desperation. Disregarding any of the above, looks like the options for netanyahu and the colluder in chief, Biden, are reducing. Netanyahu IMO must be relying on the conflict to keep him out of court, and Biden may suffer if he continues to be Canute in the November election, so IMO those two are the individuals most likely to be affected by the court's ruling. Of course, nothing is settled, and the future is still likely to be "interesting".
  13. Yes important to have a renewal window at a time that suits the individual. If the preference is to have your renewal few months earlier then obtaining a new non O on return entering visa exempt not a huge deal. If that option is chosen make sure not to obtain a reentry permit.
  14. Being Jewish does not give your opinion any more weight on it though, when you consider the event recently where Jonathan Glazer’s Oscars acceptance speech and the controversy over his statement led to more than 450 Jewish creatives denounce his Oscars speech in open letter
  15. I hope they do tighten the requirements. Most of those applying for a MENO would have no problem in fully complying with the actual rules - not ones put in place because of abuse.
  16. In a country where most people drive 2 tonne pickups you are complaining about EVs because they weigh less? That’s why nobody but you is complaining about it 😂
  17. Man Arrested for Attempting to Stab Municipality Officer in Pattaya By Aim Tanakorn Pattaya —A Thai man in Pattaya was arrested around midnight on Thursday, March 28th, for erratic behavior and trying to stab a municipality officer. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1323559-man-arrested-for-attempting-to-stab-municipality-officer-in-pattaya/
  18. Pattaya —A Thai man in Pattaya was arrested around midnight on Thursday, March 28th, for erratic behavior and trying to stab a municipality officer. The Pattaya City Special Affairs Radio Center was notified of the man at 00:06 AM and immediately dispatched officers to the scene at the flyover on Sukhumvit Road at the entrance of the Father Ray Foundation. Upon arrival, officers found a Thai man, whose name could not be immediately identified, acting erratically and speaking incoherently. The man in his 30s or 40s was wearing a football shirt and shorts. During an attempt to apprehend him, it was reported that he tried to stab an officer with a sharp weapon. He was then taken to the Pattaya Police Station to calm down. By Aim Tanakorn Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-29 - Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here. Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  19. Thanks, that's what i was afraid that I will have to to do is start over, as the spring/summer in Melbourne Australia start in October/November and I'm stuck in Thailand in those months for the renewal..
  20. Phuket teenager triggers trouble with museum shooting by Mitch Connor Picture courtesy of Phuket News The Phuket authorities apprehended a 17 year old boy yesterday after he allegedly shot a 16-year-old boy near the Phuket Mining Museum. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1323558-phuket-teenager-triggers-trouble-with-museum-shooting/
  21. In most offices the 90 day report due date has nothing to do with annual extension. Some offices do the report along with your extension. Not sure why they do that as the two are unrelated
  22. OP, reports of being able to do an extension early, (eg couple of weeks) added to the normal 30 days and some offices 45 is possible. That has occurred where there has be evidence of necessary travel and some evidence such as flights etc. However that does not change your ongoing "renewal date" The only way to do that is to start over. If married to Thai you can change the date by obtaining a 60 day extension to visit wife. In addition an agents may be able to assist with earlier renewal.
  23. This is quite possible, the Samui immigration resets the reporting date if an extension is approved. It makes sense, for the extension you need to submit the same documents, even more. As mentioned they may attach a paper in the passport with the next reporting date, although TiT, not sure if all offices are doing it.
  1. Load more activity