All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. After the introduction of smartphones...........🤗
  3. Yep same as those 2 New Zealand morons already persona non grata for life no matter what the outcome of their court case As with this idiot lock him up and deport for life upon release....he'll soon be utilising his excess energy on the Ukrainian front
  4. Would would that mean exactly? Waiting for the next 7/10 massacre? What I would like them to do? Well, whipe out the terrorists and their supporters.
  5. A truly great man. His biography King Bhumibol Adulyadej: A Life's Work is a very good read if one wants to understand why he was so deeply loved by his people. It also offers interesting insights on Thai history throughout the 20th century.
  6. Similarly, the 3 different speeds on motorways, it is ridiculous and invites to speeding. For example, someone driving on the right lane, where you can drive 120, drives 100, you can't pass them without committing an offence. Is there any other country in this world where you have 3 different speeds on the same road?
  7. At present weekday all in price at Grand Prix Golf Club is 1800thb and 1400thb to stay. Weekend price is more and towards the end of the year both are much more. The offer is valid for wd and we until the end of the year.
  8. So the money was gone lickety split... Or was that their love life?
  9. Although no one does actually think that any criticism of Israel is anti Sematic . Some people make undoubtedly Anti Semitic remarks , then make the false claim that they were just being critical of Israel . I really don't think you realise you are being anti sematic , or the difference between that and just being critical of Israel . BTW, why aren't you concerned with the starvation in Yemen ? Why just Gaza ?
  10. "...nobody knows,,," And that includes you, you know nothing about it, factually, yet you continue to assert that he "is incredibly corrupt".
  11. When did the Thai culture changed? ans. 2014
  12. You'll always pay tax to the US, or at least have to file a tax return -- because of the so-called "saving clause" in the DTA, which allows the US to tax all your worldwide income irrespective of what the DTA says. This is not as onerous as it sounds, because the DTA does prevent double taxation. But it does mean, if Thailand can't tax it because of the DTA, or won't tax it, because it is not remitted -- then the US taxes it -- and keeps the whole kit and caboodle, since there's no Thai offsetting tax credit. Conversely, if per DTA, Thailand has exclusive, or at least primary taxation rights -- and they implement their taxation authority -- then they keep the whole kit and caboodle -- and your US taxes are reduced by the Thai tax credit on that remitted income. Thus, for Yanks, your total tax bill between both countries probably won't change a bit -- unless Thai effective tax rates on subject income exceed that of the US. In that case, you pay full fare to the US Treasury, and pay Thailand whatever net taxes remain after subtracting out the US tax credit. I can't see that happening to me, because even if I cashed out a huge chunk of my IRA, all that money was pre-2024 income -- and thus not assessable for Thai tax purposes. All my other income is govt pensions, and thus exempt. But, I've got an LTR visa, so I'm protected from this goat rope. However, my wife isn't -- so need to keep an eye open on her situation, when I kick.
  13. Its a global agenda, not just Australian's who are probably better off than most! The current system is not self sustaining and globally most countries populace will fall further into poverty except the elite who will as always benefit from the demise of the masses! The banking system is geared to break us unless you are part of it, the food chain is becoming more toxic & expensive by the day and so it goes on! The electric vehicle clean energy agenda has a larger carbon foot print than those that run on fossil fuels, another con!. A number of good leaders with a vision were removed because they wanted to change these things for the better but the elite didnt want that when they were getting by the day. JFK assassinated by his own VP and law enforcement agencies, September 11 World trade centre, how many innocent people killed, a precursor to invade Iraq with the further false claim of WOMD, what a disgrace! The destabilisation of the Middle East, firstly Iraq and now look how its spread, the Covid scam and what happened to leaders who opposed the WHO's filthy agenda instigated by people like Bill Gates who controls the foundation which is the largest WHO donor! Until these instigators & perpetrator's who have intentionally carried out these atrocities to further their financial gains are dealt with there will be no improvements. Russia, Israel, Myanmar, Yemen wars should all be stopped, Hamas should be held accountable & Israel withdraw from the Palestinian enclave, Russia should withdraw from the Ukraine and honour the long established border, Isis should be eradicated as they have further destabilised the Middle East, the USA and to a lesser extent Britain has a lot to answer for on the global stage, especially their presence in the Middle East which has been destabilising almost since the end of WW11. China should be halted in its continual land grabs from most of its neighbours and their continual illegal fishing practices. This is just the tip of the iceberg so when you ask yourself why the populace is getting poorer it will continue to do so until the agenda is eradicated.
  14. Have you read the Simple Tax Guide? No, I thought not! DUAL TAX AGREEMENTS (DTA’s) 18) A Dual Tax Agreement/Double Tax Agreement (DTA): is an agreement between two countries that sets out which of the two countries has the right to tax specific types of income and all the associated rules. Its purpose, in part, is to ensure that the same funds are not taxed twice by two different countries and provides a means by which tax that is paid twice, can be recovered, how and from where. Note: If the taxpayer income arises in one country but the tax payer is resident in a second country, use of a DTA can result in increased tax being paid, if the second country has a higher rate of tax on the type of income in question, than the other. Obversely, allowing income to be taxed in Thailand, may result in paying a lower rate of tax than in your home country. It should also be noted that the rules contained in a DTA, take precedent over national tax rules. Copies of all the Dual Tax Agreements between Thailand and other countries are available to download from the following link although we understand that some are being renegotiated at present.
  15. Really, so prove where I am lying and Israel is purer than the driven snow.
  16. Perhaps she thought she had no other options if she sought refuge in a temple rather than family ?
  17. "Safe streets"? Unless what you're getting at is that Thailand's roads are dangerous (which most us can agree upon, although I will say if they got rid of all the scooters and most of the motorcycles, it wouldn't be too bad), then you're not going to find them anywhere in the west. American streets are riddled with crime. Most of the offenders are non-white (Hispanics are often lumped in as "whites" but they're not) and it's only getting worse over time as the demographics is diversified. It's the same story throughout Europe (even traditionally safe Switzerland isn't as safe as it is made out to be) and Australia, which is in the midst of an Aboriginal crime wave up in the towns/cities of Alice Springs (which is considered more dangerous than Mexico City), Broome and Katherine. Brisbane and Melbourne have been affected by an uptick in crime caused by Sudanese refugees, including the murder of a 70 year old white Australian woman by a 16 year old refugee. Thailand on the other hand is extremely safe. You'd be unlucky to have anything stolen from you by a random Thai. Unattended stores at JJ Mall don't encounter any theft. Thailand is safe. So wherever you're going, it probably won't be as safe as Thailand.
  18. Our first time on the Island , last week. My wife & 27 year old daughter wasn’t thrilled with the Koh Ganja! Many of the outside events , beach scenes & hotel entertainment areas , restaurants was filled with second hand Ganja smoke! 💨 Even in the airport !
  1. Load more activity