All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Another dumb idea and people largely ignore it early in the morning, making it more dangerous.
  3. The Met is noted for it's corruption and was as bad as the RTP in the past. Perhaps the delayed response was deliberate to allow the perpetrator (who may be from an influential family) to escape.
  4. On my motorbike I always pump at anyone coming down the wrong side of the road, that is being dumb and dangerous, they are putting my wellbeing at risk. I was warned in a recent post that some day I will get attacked for doing that. I am not worried about that, a Thai on his own is not going to attack you 99.9% of the time especially if you are a big guy.
  5. No, it isn't. It is for gathering information and have discussions, doesn't give you the right to demonize people / groups.
  6. Good. Maybe now things will improve around here. Like headlines that make sense and news that's actually NEWS!
  7. What the hell are you talking about, more flowery I say! We need a Shakespearean text mode.
  8. British man arrested for begging to buy drugs in Koh Pha Ngan by Petch Petpailin Photo via Matichon Thai police arrested a British man after he allegedly begged for money to buy drugs outside a convenience store in Koh Pha Ngan, an island in the southern province of Surat Thani. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325339-british-man-arrested-for-begging-to-buy-drugs-in-koh-pha-ngan/
  9. I have sent pension related packages which go to a address not an individual. I used DHL once and Thai Post once, both worked. Some jobsworth in reception signs for them I suspect.
  10. Thai police arrested a British man after he allegedly begged for money to buy drugs outside a convenience store in Koh Pha Ngan, an island in the southern province of Surat Thani. Locals on Koh Pha Ngan reported to authorities after seeing a foreign man begging outside a 7-Eleven convenience store and using drugs in the area. Officers from the Koh Pha Ngan Police Station and the Tourist Police went to the store near the Phan Thip Market and arrested the foreigner yesterday, April 17. The foreign beggar was identified as a 47 year old Englishman named Nicholas James Hartas. He was found sitting shirtless outside the store with a paper sign that said, “IF YOU CAN. PLEASE! MONEY FOR FOOD.” Police checked Hartas’s criminal history and found that he had escaped arrest in a drug case in Koh Samui and sought refuge in Koh Pha Ngan. Hartas confessed to fleeing from the arrest in Koh Samui, stating that he resorted to begging for food. However, residents informed the police that the majority of the money earned from begging was used to purchase drugs. Officers did not report whether they conducted a drug test on Hartas or found any drugs in his possession. According to MGR Online, Hartas faced two charges: Section 13 of the Begging Control Act: illegally begging. The penalty is imprisonment of up to one month or a fine of up to 10,000 baht. Section 145 of the Narcotics Control Act: possessing Category 1 drug (methamphetamine). The penalty is imprisonment from two to 20 years and a fine of 200,000 to 2 million baht. A similar story about a foreign beggar in Thailand was reported in February. Pictures showed a foreign beggar performing yoga in exchange for money on a footpath near Mor Chit BTS Station in Bangkok. He did several yoga gestures with a sign written in Thai, “I want money 20 baht or more for a plane ticket back home. Thank you.” Thai authorities attempted to arrest and question the foreign beggar, but he disappeared from the scene before the authorities launched the investigation. by Petch Petpailin Photo via Matichon Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-19 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  11. My suggestions to the new mgt: 1) Bring back non-anonymous emojis so we know who put up all those scrunchy faces. 2) In the poster reputation rankings, use AI to rate the positivity of the poster's contribution. And how many of each type emoji they used. Expose the downers, the trolls and the meanies. And the positive contributors. 3) Fix the ridiculous amount of full page ads on mobile platform.
  12. Does that include Borat’s sister? Wonder if she’s no1 prostitute in Kaz now after publicity from her brother.
  13. Thanks for that. I agree with Vance. I didn't realise that the US has such a low production of Patriot missiles, and without putting the US on a war footing, how could they produce the necessary amount? I suspect that most will be going to israel anyway. As for Biden, talking through his hat IMO, and he has painted himself in a corner with his stated aim of supporting Ukraine. If When Ukraine falls it will be a major humiliation for Biden in an election year. A spokesperson for the National Security Council did not respond to a request to respond to Vance’s op-ed. I bet they didn't. When he states facts they only have talking points to respond with.
  14. No problem if she is operating here legally..........but then my post wasn't aimed at these people!
  15. Everything is about balance in the world, and I could agree to some degree, it should have been struck a deal with Putin before this went to far, but know we are here at this point! Both parts violated the borders, killed innocent civilians, russians shot down an civil airplane, and there where russians suffering in Ukraine because of the situation. Ukraine was corrupt and had private right wing armies, all this is true, but still, Putin attacked civilians when he invaded, and still do, Backing out now, would be as bad as the retreat from Afghanistan, and leave a chaos and a humanitarian chaos as the west alliance loose all credibility. Who can ever trust The west alliance ever again?
  16. When reputable news sources make a mistake, they usually correct their mistakes. On the other hand, FOX just lies and rarely correct themselves.
  17. Now you mention it my Mrs always goes to the temple (with family) on the 1st day of Songkran in the morning. Mind you she does that on her birthday too.
  18. Being a Thai mostly likely he showers twice a day. Doubt if Biden does it once. Changing diapers does not count BTW. 😂😂😂
  19. You should go to Manila if you want tooting horns
  20. Correct. It's all in the 'tone' you use like whispering, talking forcefully, then yelling!
  21. You used to need a photo...not sure if that's still the case? Please report back once you have done it because my DL is up for renewal in a couple of months
  22. This is another step in the wrong direction! Even more prostitutes from Kazakhstan are expected to arrive soon in Thailand.
  23. Mine has 52 pages, 35 of which are nothing but Thai stamps, 10 of which are other countries and full page visas (hope I can make it last until renewal date rather than early)... I think your "friend" will be fine.
  24. Wait, does this mean we're all not ..special anymore
  25. Wait until a few more court cases go against him. It'll be down the drain for the orange clown.
  1. Load more activity