All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Heard that rumor during Cobra Gold. Then none reportedly seen there. Let's have the evidence.
  3. Maybe next year you’ll get your wish and they will have their systems up to date and they will ring up my old fines. Idk why you’d want that. Silly. But to each their own I suppose. As for now, eat it sucker. Go pay your fines.
  4. And you think those who have ousted him haven't done their homework?
  5. Following a tip-off, police have arrested an Israeli businessman, Zuri Yozee, in Phuket for unlawfully keeping three pig-tailed macaques. The arrest took place yesterday after the local Natural Resources and Environmental Crime Division, or "Greencop," got information about a foreign business owner in Phuket's Patong neighborhood keeping these protected monkeys at his home in the Katu district. Reports state that Yozee was spotted riding a motorcycle with a monkey in the Katu district on April 23. His home was pinpointed with the help of locals who heard monkey sounds coming from there. After acquiring a search warrant, police officers raided Yozee's house where they found a large cage with the three monkeys. Yozee, a 61-year-old businessman who has been operating businesses in Phuket for over a decade, admitted that he did not have the necessary permits to keep the monkeys. He also claimed that he did not know that pig-tailed macaques are protected under Thai law. Under the Wild Animal Preservation and Protection Act's Section 17, Yozee is now facing charges for keeping protected wildlife without proper authorization. If convicted, he may face up to five years in jail or a fine of up to 500,000 baht ($16,000). The monkeys, one of them just four months old, were unwell and have been moved to the Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Sanctuary for treatment. They will be relocated to the Phang Nga Wildlife Sanctuary once their health improves. This incident comes after another one in February when a Chinese woman was arrested for displaying a lion cub at a coffee shop in Phuket. She confessed to buying the cub in Bangkok for 250,000 baht ($8,000) without a permit. Her actions may cause her to face up to six months in prison or a fine of up to 50,000 baht ($1600), or both. Photo: Creative Commons License via Google -- 2024-04-26 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  6. If Trump was in place, he would settled everything with a stroke of a pen on the map granting Putin Crimea and Donbas
  7. If you take Weinstein out of the equation this is a victory for due process. Allegations of crimes for which the defendant is not on trial for, and has not even been charged with, should never be allowed into evidence. Neither should the defendant be questioned about these allegations under cross-examination; this is tantamount to nothing more than a witch hunt. It seems to be the same with Trump in that people think someone is guilty not because of what they did but who they are.
  8. They are being despatched at the Hard Rock hotel in a fleet of coaches. Officers to Avani. ( all as per usual).
  9. I wonder whether many , in anticipation of future audits by RD, propose proceeding as I do, namely by having two UK bank accounts - the first (for remitting) covering all investments, cash deposits etc made before 31.12.2023 and the second covering all current income (not for remitting).
  10. haha - give over... as if you are the sort of person who'd stop and help at an accident !!... You'd be blasting through the junction killing those who had stopped to help..... And regardless of your disgusting sentiment wishing the death of a stranger, I conversely add, I hope you learn and don't end up killing anyone.... though I suspect your 'learning years' were very short lived.
  11. I’m on such a high. Nice lady rang me up in 30 seconds. Idk why it was so uncrowded on a Friday but it was empty. And no word on the wracked up fines. Solid. Viva la Thailand
  12. Over-tourism is a surging problem many places. Selling – the PM states that he is a seller – before the product is available is a critical issue; for tourism it's especially a question of infrastructure. And of course, the Songkran water wars should have lasted the promised 21 days... Some will not like this comment, but former PM Prayut Chan-o-cha was in a way on the right track with "quality tourism" – i.e. better off guests that can afford to spend some money instead of low budget mass tourism – however, how ro deal with it is difficult; entrance fee like in Venice or allowed number og visitors for various areas.
  13. Ukraine will decide when it's time to stop fighting and not the Putin Pom Pom cheerleaders!
  14. Yep. Took a couple of years, but looks like this "slapper" got woke.
  15. I have heard lots of bad stories about DHL and taxes....
  16. I forgot about it! What a bunch of morons! 😆 Here's the video. They called it "the signing" 🤣
  17. Bro, typical highs in April 36 degrees C. Current temp: 37 degrees C. its just normal. I have no idea why people blather on and on about nothing. Thailand is hot, it’s always this hot, give or take. You have no point. You’re wrong. Numbers don’t lie.
  18. Police Arrest Ride-Sharing Driver for Shooting at Jomtien Beach Creative Commons License via Google Yesterday, a ride-sharing driver in Pattaya was arrested by the police after he fired a gun into the sea, causing panic among tourists at Jomtien Beach. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325982-police-arrest-ride-sharing-driver-for-shooting-at-jomtien-beach/
  19. Just a thought , How much of what they burned were Really drugs ?
  20. This story has taken its time to surface as news I think she is flogging a dead horse hoping to get satisfaction from the guard or his security company 🤔 Let sleeping dogs lie
  21. And you have the proof what she stated is misinformation? Or are you just stumped? Again.
  22. I think NMC batteries require balancing about once a month and for me this would be quite inconvenient without a home charger. If an equalisation charge has not been carried out for sometime, the message centre in the instrument pack will display 'Please Slow-charge the Vehicle'.
  23. And then learn to read the road ahead !!! In fact, I'm sure he [SAFETY FIRST] is perfectly capable of reading the road ahead, he's just chosen to ignore the danger signs because the locals ignore them.... .... meanwhile in his job (I'm assuming HSE guy in a factory, ship or rig etc going by his username) he preaches the opposite of what he practices. I get his point that he has to take into account of the manner in which locals drive for his own safety, i.e. not coming to an abrupt halt because the cars behind could drive into the back of you as the expect you to 'blow' through the junction at speed... ... I understand what he is trying to say there... BUT... that junction can be seen way back, so there is no need to come to an abrupt halt, but it can be approached with a degree of safety such that one can stop IF someone is already on the junction.
  1. Load more activity