All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Since you won't admit your position on this issue, it's obvious what your opinion is: working people and the poor should pay more taxes.
  3. Visas are not cancelled. You had a single entry non O. It was "used" upon entry to Thailand. The stamp you were given was a 90 day permission of stay. The subsequent 60 day extension to visit wife was another temporary permission of stay. Nothing more to state on this topic. Also a new passport does not erase any history.
  4. But you'd still be using electricity generated by hydrocarbons... So... Put SolarCells on the roof, and run the power down to your car charger from that....
  5. Some will suggest get away with it until someone complains. Ultimately, you will not be a permitted to charge your car on 'co-owners' electricity.... Thus, you'd have to arrange (and pay for) a dedicated meter so you can pay separately. OR... the condo installs their own outlets (just a 240v regular plug) - and you use a 'log in device' such as an RFID card and your electricity usage is registered - you receive a bill monthly etc. As EV usage increases - I imagine Condo's and Apartments will go this way and install extra power-points that run off some sort of meter which is paid for by the user.
  6. JAMA Network Open has published a new study showing that, from April 1, 2020, to February 27, 2023, in California, an estimated 146,210 COVID-19 cases were averted by vaccination in teens aged 12 to 15 years, representing a 37% reduction. Researchers also estimated that 230,134 cases were averted in kids aged 5 to 11 years, a 24% reduction. ... Biggest reduction in teens From April 2020 to February 2023, California recorded 3,913,063 pediatric COVID-19 cases and 12,740 hospitalizations. During those times, statewide vaccine coverage reached 53.5% among adolescents aged 12 to 15 years, 34.8% among children aged 5 to 11 years, and 7.9% among those aged 6 to 59 months. (more) https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/teen-vaccination-cut-covid-19-cases-37-california-new-data-show Conclusions and Relevance The findings of this case series analysis of 3 913 063 cases suggest reduced pediatric SARS-CoV-2 transmission following immunization. These results support the use of COVID-19 vaccines to reduce COVID-19 incidence and hospitalization in pediatric populations. ... Descriptive Results Between April 1, 2020, and February 27, 2023, a total of 3 913 063 COVID-19 cases were reported in California among individuals aged 18 years or younger. Of these, 47 174 cases (1.2%) were among children younger than 6 months, 517 447 (13.2%) in children aged 6 to 59 months, 1 590 806 (40.7%) in children aged 5 to 11 years, and 1 511 690 (38.6%) in adolescents aged 12 to 15 years. A total of 12 740 hospitalizations were reported: 1443 (11.3%) were among children younger than 6 months, 3428 (26.9%) in children aged 6 to 59 months, 2536 (19.9%) in children aged 5 to 11 years, and 3921 (30.8%) in adolescents aged 12 to 15 years. ... Prior work has similarly reported a high impact of widespread administration of mRNA vaccines in adult populations. In California, COVID-19 vaccines were estimated to avert more than 1.5 million cases, 72 000 hospitalizations, and 19 000 deaths statewide during the first 10 months of vaccination (through October 16, 2021).17 In the US, each 10% increase in vaccination coverage among individuals aged 18 years or older at the county level was associated with an 8% reduction in mortality and a 7% reduction in incidence.18 (more) https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2817868
  7. Showering won't make a dent as water is practically free. AC can run 500 - 3000 Baht depending on how many units are on. You shouldn't pay any commission to anyone (that's the owner's problem) What's your budget per month?
  8. Might be 100% better but I'll bet it's still ChatGPT generated as this article is.
  9. That’s my assumption as well, and Bangkok immigration also says the non o is out of their system, but it is claimed that per official rules it should have been canceled and BOI apparently is super strict, so they won’t process the extension request to immigration on a non-ib in a passport showing an uncancelled prior visa. So I was told by immigration to get a new passport so BOI isn’t aware, as their systems won’t show anything wrong. So weird.
  10. It took centuries to form something like "Switzerland". Never having a chance to emerge as a "world power". But some mountain tribes decided that the rule of the "Habsburgs" had to end. The result was that many small "countries" joined the "Swiss Confederation". Small is beautiful, nevermind the 4 languages, still in effect and causing no problems. Knowing that we would be too small to affect "world happenings", we decided to stay neutral. =May the "world powers" bang each others head in. We rather not partake. What if: All countries turn "Neutral"? No interferance of other countries internal affairs? Switzerland as a shining example?
  11. we just used to make tea out of them threw around 500 in a thermos and threw some boiling water at them. drank it about 15 min later,used to get us right off our heads, Ah the good old days What are the "sitters and guides" for?
  12. Are you talking about Bill Clinton? You’re clueless! We lost in Nam because politicians tied the hands of the military behind their backs. Primarily Johnson and Robert McNamara. Both Democrats . What a coincidence. I nominate you as Walker’s Wingman. Who seconds the motion?
  13. Kind of cracks me up, 7 fully armed Thai police against a guy in flip flops. ha ha ha
  14. Hey Champ... maybe the white line did mean something.... Should have looked into that before 'hanging your hat on the wrong thing' & 'diggin up' !!!
  15. Just run a long extension cord from your Condo window/balcony down to the garage...so easy! Or if you have that very small EV, then it'll probably fit in the elevator, so can actually charge in the room!
  16. Between the violent images coming out of Columbia and other universities and those from the southern border, you don't need a pollster to know who will win the November elections. Add in the inflation, national debt rising by one trillion ($1,000,000,000) every 100 days, videos of Biden acting senile and so on - it's a done deal. Donnie is going to win in November. Place your bets and thank me later.
  17. Wow.... look at you... You go for it big boy.... Flex away !!... Awww.... have you had a beer and are feeling impaired ???.... remember.. don't drive angry !!!
  18. Not Dean, he brings stuff like 110 volt tools and riding mowers.
  19. i think you are right to ask this question : because a marriage would signify 50-50 split of property . i've had friends tell me that in italy or france your wife can have an affair , and if you have kids ..then she would get the house.and you have to move out .That's pretty tough but it does obviously take into account the welfare of the woman and kids.It ignores that one member of the relationship might be using the property as a signifcant part of their investment make up .. Making marriage almost a certain financial disaster or worse -mental anguish leading to health complications..marriage is a contract...if it is to survive ..then pre nup is a pre agreed solution to how to carve up the assets in the event of a separation or divorce.break it down to whats mine, whats hers ,whats ours..is how i understand it..
  20. You are being told nonsense. You entered Thailand on a single entry non O. Then obtained a 60 day extension. Subsequently exited and reentered visa exempt. There is nothing to cancel.
  21. And let get away the taxi driver who did not stop on a red light and nearly killed someone with a slap on the wrist.
  22. Only Monica can confirm how “solid “ he is. He lost interest in Hillary YEARS ago. Only for dog and pony shows. Quite frankly, I can’t blame him.
  1. Load more activity