All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Inflammatory posts, troll posts and the replies contravening our Community Standards have been removed.
  3. I googled Scott Ritter. Seems like he was a former US military intelligence officer and U.N. weapons inspector. So don’t fault me for believing his views over those of retired expats living in Thailand posting on an internet forum. Incidentally, during my research, I also came across names like Professors Sachs and Mearsheimer. They seem to be highly educated and intelligent scholars, unlike some posters. I have spotted blatant lies from the western msm so I don’t consider them as credible sources of information.
  4. He didn't mislead anyone that has adequate reading comprehension "Some of the models suggest " Do you read the links you post?
  5. The governments main argument is that it has been that way for over 70 years. In that same 70 years there has been numerous instances of legislation being overturned, but then it is all about public opinion and how many votes can be generated. I hope Keir Starmer was paying attention at the time. "The Labour Party have today formally announced that they will support the APPG in its efforts to annul the Social Security Benefit Up-rating Regulations." https://frozenbritishpensions.org/jeremy-corbyn-gives-labours-backing-pension-unfreezing/
  6. Dear Poo is almost home free at last. Thaksin's meeting with Srettha the other day probably began with the invocation "Let us prey", and proceeded to work out the final details.
  7. what,alot of the Brits made their plans based on 70 Bhat to the pound. I remember the brits giving Americans a bad time because our rate had dropped to below 35 hehehehe then the shoe got put on the other foot. OO all the planning and figureing how to get a bit more exchanged. O well everthing has a cycle US dollar now above 36. Yes things cost more but still cheaper than the US all I have to say
  8. enough with your assumptions. stop backtracking. you made false accusations. no where did i say al gore lied. please show my comment where i said this. otherwise stop trolling.
  9. Hi, I'm wondering how old my kids need to be to be able to leave Thailand with me without their Thai mother consent. Let say that she abandons them and don't want to give a letter to leave the country, what would happen to my kids? If I can't stay in the country then I would just have to let them in the street?
  10. Maintain a UK address or live in a similar country with a reciprical arrangement, where you get full pension, like the Philippines.
  11. It's actually illegal to bring any meat products into Thailand, although I suppose being canned might make a difference. I bring in lots of Vegemite, basil pesto - anything non-perishable that is expensive in Thailand.
  12. As @ChrisY1 points out, these trucks just seem to 'lose control and flip.... causing the 'mishap' I would guess that the 'mishap' was driver error and speed, and nothing else.
  13. Again baseless accusations, I am only asking for a link to read and not what your mate Sid told you down your local bar!
  14. "Somewhere" is not a legitimate source... unless you can provide one you are just rumormongering and spreading misinformation.
  15. Just about choked on my coffee. best post of the day. thanks for the laff. There are signposts on highways that tell me what speed I should not exceed. I have yet to see a sign post that says I must file a tax return in Thailand.
  16. Cannot say anything about the woman from this video, but the man is definitely more interested in the car than in the human being he hit just 3 seconds ago. What a disgusting person!
  17. I'd paid in the full 35 years, now, im 4 years short of full entitlement. If i catch up the four years, the quotation is 193 sterling per week, or 10036 pounds annually. I'd need to add circa 3000 sterling to make up the difference which is around 24 pounds a week.
  18. Ok then, how about paying it to people who DO pay UK taxes.
  19. Last year I started a thread entitled something like 'UK Tax Scam'. All of those above claiming the State pension is tax free are WRONG. The sum (92UKP per week in my case) is added to your other income & you are taxed accordingly. My beef was, the tax people assumed I was on a FULL pension (roughly 10K) when, (because of my age) it was half that! (DWP insist they provided the correct figure.) Eventually I received over 7K in overpaid TAXES. (They could only refund me for 7 of the 15 years I had been overtaxed.)
  1. Load more activity