BANGKOK 22 April 2019 05:02

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I believe the suggestion is that the body must expend more energy to manage the excess calories contained in the durian.
  3. here we are again, berate who you you hate and berate who support him, all based on an arrogant pseudo intellectual superiority complex. it is astounding after nearly three years of believing far fetched lies, you still hang on to the stupidity to feed your desired result. but then your ideology does make you far better than those who disagree with you, in your mind.
  4. LOL. When I was young, I was involved with several really attractive young western women that I could have married, but I didn't ( wasn't ready to settle down ). Do you see a pattern emerging? When I decided I did want to get married at 60+ do you think any attractive young western women would have even thought about me as a prospective partner ( given I wasn't rich or famous )? Do you think I wanted to get married to someone looked like my granny before she died of old age? Do you think one of your "not a BG" young Thai women would have looked at me as a marital prospect? That left one category of Thai woman, and I'd met many really nice ones, like the one I did marry. Unfortunately I married one with the family from Hades. Anyway, even marriages between two similar western people is over 50% likely to fail. Marriage is just luck of the draw anyway. There are no "sure things". Marriage to "non BGs" are as likely to fail as those to BGs.
  5. I understand that he went there several times and every time he couldn't talk to anyone. But let's try again. Thanks.
  6. For the moment it has not been confirmed which group carried out the terrible murders in Sri Lanka which also killed numerous children and will have caused life changing injuries for many. Social Media in Sri Lanka has been temporally closed down due to concern of rumour mongering with ramifications for civil disorder. Your post is an excellent example of why the decision was made by Sri Lankan authorities, let alone the awful sympathetic comment for a mass murderer above. Once it is confirmed a particular group is responsible for this evil incident, focus on them.
  7. Thanks for all of your replies to my question. But I think I will play it safe and do the 90-day report before I leave.
  8. Thank you for the offer to help with communicating. Funny enough, we're (my sister and I - the guy is my sister's friend) Thais actually so communicating in Thai wouldn't be any problems. Err! not really, very often even when communicate in Thai I still have no idea what's the other person talking about.
  9. Commerce Ministry talks up benefits of palm oil for generating power By The Thaiger While the Thai government is promoting the use of palm oil to produce power, the latest price of the oil remains lower than the cost of producing it because the volume of output was 30% more than the expected quantity. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096361-commerce-ministry-talks-up-benefits-of-palm-oil-for-generating-power/
  10. Commerce Ministry talks up benefits of palm oil for generating power By The Thaiger While the Thai government is promoting the use of palm oil to produce power, the latest price of the oil remains lower than the cost of producing it because the volume of output was 30% more than the expected quantity. The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives will survey the real quantity of palm oil to be released onto the market to determine a solution to the problem. Deputy Commerce Minister Chutima Bunyapraphasara says apart from being used for electricity production, the Ministry of Energy has also extracted a bio-diesel oil B20 from the palm oil. Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/south/commerce-ministry-talks-up-benefits-of-palm-oil-for-generating-power -- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-22
  11. Territorial waters, or a territorial sea, as defined by the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, is a belt of coastal waters extending at most 12 nautical miles (22.2 km; 13.8 mi) from the baseline (usually the mean low-water mark) of a coastal state.
  12. Thanks so much for very detailed info. Given the numbers of help/advice on this thread I'll surely report back the result.
  13. Perhaps you might find the concept of universal intelligence acceptable. In that theory, there is an intelligent force present throughout the universe, perhaps in another dimension, that gives "life" to the life forms that inhabit planets. when that life form stops functioning ( our bodies are just biological machines that carry "us" around ) the consciousness just returns from whence it came. Explains a lot of things that have no rational basis, like two people thinking the same thing at the same time when separated by hundreds of miles.
  14. Thanks for the offer. He lives in Pravet area BKK. I'll ask him his contact number and will send PM if he agrees.
  15. If they keep repeating the same thing on a web forum with about a few dozen active members it might change the outcome. It’s like that guy who goes bowling and every shot he takes is a gutter ball but if he leans into it he thinks it changes the outcome.
  16. alright then, no obstruction no obstruction and no obstruction x100. good luck with impeachment and 2020.
  17. Pheu Thai ready to form government after official poll results announced The Pheu Thai party is ready to form a coalition government with its six allies once the Election Commission has announced the official results of the March-24 general election, said party secretary-general Phumtham Wechayachai today. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096360-pheu-thai-ready-to-form-government-after-official-poll-results-announced/
  18. Pheu Thai ready to form government after official poll results announced The Pheu Thai party is ready to form a coalition government with its six allies once the Election Commission has announced the official results of the March-24 general election, said party secretary-general Phumtham Wechayachai today. Speaking after a meeting of core party members and prospective MPs, Phumtham insisted that the party which won the most seats in the House of Representatives should have the first priority to form a government. He also warned the Election Commission to be honest and play by the rule in announcing the poll results. Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-ready-to-form-government-after-official-poll-results-announced/ -- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-04-22
  19. To spend eternity in Heaven, all you have to do is ask Jesus to forgive you for your sins, The reason some of us don't believe in the Bible as a literal book is that if that were true it would condemn almost all the people ever lived to hell. Christians make up a tiny proportion of the people that ever lived on earth, and before Christ no one knew about him. BTW, most people that call themselves Christian are not. They may go to church, but they don't live Christian lives. Even those that live good lives, but think bad thoughts are condemned, according to the Bible. BTW, you are not correct with all you have to do is ask Jesus to forgive you for your sins, One has to truly repent one's sins, not just mouth the words.
  20. Everyone of high status has political enemies and business rivals, even Newin Chidchob. Someone high enough decides they want him out of the way, he's toast. It's happened to people with a lot more stroke than he has. This would be the perfect pretense. Legalizing weed also goes against the breweries and Big Pharma- not to mention the insidious Yaba trade (and we all know how deep that corruption goes). Hard to imagine they'll be sitting by with their thumbs up their butts while they lose $$$ billions a year to legalized weed. As I recall, there was another powerful, influential billionaire on the dock last week for something fairly benign that he did years ago. No problem at all.... Until they needed an excuse to get him out of the way. Just like dozens of other powerful people over the past 5 years that have been hauled in and prosecuted for stuff they did over a decade ago.
  21. very detailed post and agree with most of what you say - Ole has what he was given for now, if he is the man then it will take 2 seasons to get close to what is expected from this icon team - and a lot of dosh that must be spent well - changes are coming There is nothing easy about the EPL from top to bottom - they got there because they are the best that English football has to offer - lets see what the summer brings - some very hard choices are going to be made and that process has already started which might explain the poor performance - some players already know their ticket is up
  22. As others have said the key issue in my and my friends experience is the fact they need convinced she will basically come back to Thailand. Get your girlfriend to Google the Thai lady groups online who will assist and advise your girlfriend on her application. If she works then ensure her boss is aware that he/she may get a phone call to confirm any details she puts on her form including holidays she is being given for the trip. If she is paid cash rather than paid directly to her bank account then get the story right as they will query whether she really is employed and will return to her job. Last piece of advice is ensure you read every line of her application before she submits...she simply gives you the link and her password...also worth considering an agent who will guide and advise as if refused you don't get the Visa fee back.
  1. Load more activity