All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I agree, one of the three. That means that a person who is not Thai tax resident, ie spends less than 180 days per year in Thailand, is exempt from tax in that year but th exemption doesn't exist in the years when they are tax resident. Alternatively, if the funds remain overseas, they are not taxable in Thailand, it's only when they are remitted to Thailand that they become taxable here. That's the way it has always been, the current year issue not withstanding.
  3. Its wakey-up time. What type of plan is it, when you contribute a fixed amount and get a guaranteed income for life? You remember all those employer schemes that closed because they were unaffordable and unsustainable. Now you see it??
  4. Thai authorities conducted a raid on a suspected Chinese-led scam gang operating in southern Thailand, resulting in the arrest of approximately 90 individuals. The raid, which reportedly took place in Nakhon Si Thammarat, also led to the seizure of more than 2,000 pieces of evidence. According to reports, the apprehended group is believed to have been involved in a variety of fraudulent activities. These activities allegedly included stock market scams, creating fake hotel reservations, and facilitating illegal money transfers. The raid signifies a significant development in Thailand's fight against transnational criminal activity. The large number of arrests and the volume of evidence seized suggest a potentially extensive operation. It is expected that further investigations will reveal more details about the scope of the scam, including the methods used and the reach of the international network involved. The raid has also sparked concerns about the potential involvement of Chinese nationals in criminal activity within Thailand. While the details of the arrested individuals' nationalities are not yet confirmed, reports suggest a Chinese connection. This raises questions about the possible existence of wider Chinese-led criminal networks operating in Thailand and the measures that Thai authorities are taking to address this issue. Overall, the raid on the alleged Chinese-led scam gang highlights Thailand's ongoing efforts to combat transnational crime. The large scale of the operation and the focus on financial scams suggest that Thai authorities are prioritizing the disruption of these lucrative criminal activities. -- ASEAN NOW 2024-03-29
  5. She had have cottoned on when he turned up three hours for the first date
  6. Well Indians aren't Thai, so unless I knew a particular Indian happened to be a Thai citizen (there is a small community but it's tiny) I'd just speak in English. I'd find it odd that an Indian or anyone else would care what language you speak with them. I get mildly annoyed when Thais speak to me in English, but so few farang speak Thai, they just assume all farang are equally clueless.
  7. No, they are saying there is no taxation as long as one of the three conditions mentioned by them below is met, namely either not tax resident OR not remitted to Thailand OR foreign investment. So according to them a foreign investment on its own would be sufficient to avoid taxes.
  8. Charlie - thanks for reply and it is easy to not get it, because the figures are mind bending. My sophisticated technique, I write the trillions etc down with requisite noughts, eliminate as many noughts in the sum as poss., then do the sum on my phone. I'm a high tech Guy LOL BTW please check the sums. ATB
  9. What that says is that there is an exemption from Thai tax, as long as the funds remain overseas or the taxpayer is not Thai resident. So no, it's not contrary to anything else at all.
  10. Can you explain what happened? What did they say? How did you respond? I speak fluent Thai and Lao as well (Lao as in the Lao spoken in Lao PDR) but anywhere in Thailand especially somewhere like Khon Kaen, you use standard Thai as that's all that most young Thais can speak anyway. It is absolutely useful and in fact essential. I find that farang who only speak English get into trouble much more quickly and easily due to misunderstandings.
  11. I see no problem with providing information about ev, which if proved viable will be in every ev on the planet eventually. So again, piss off troll.
  12. So you support Israel going into Gaza and punishing the people that carried out the Oct 7 th terror attack , because no one else will punish them and they got a reward going back to Gaza after committing war crimes
  13. The pleb taking the video and complaining is no doubt employed in the entertainment industry and would be unemployed and poor without tourism. Amazing how they constantly spit into the well from which they drink.
  14. Sadly a lot of small businesses selling such stuff have disappeared and been replaced by condos. Try your local market for a store selling buttons and notions.
  15. I was a US Green Card holder for eighteen years until I surrendered the card in the 1990's. I was required to obtain a certificate before I left for overseas, if that has subsequently changed I'm extremely happy for everyone else. But to be clear, the example is demonstrate how the system works, nothing more. EDIT TO ADD: I was curious about this so I checked the current status and those certificates appear to still be issued but I have not dug into it very deeply. "If you're a resident or a nonresident alien departing the United States, you usually have to show that you have complied with the U.S. income tax laws before you can depart. You do this by obtaining from the IRS a tax clearance document, commonly called a departure permit or sailing permit." https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc858
  16. Rayong: -- At least six construction workers were killed and several others injured after a crane collapsed at a construction site on Friday afternoon. The incident occurred at a Chinese-run steel factory in Rayong, Thailand. The cause of the collapse remains under investigation. Migrant workers employed at the site staged a protest demanding compensation from the owner, temporarily delaying rescue efforts. This tragedy highlights the dangers faced by construction workers and the need for stricter safety regulations on worksites. It also underscores the often-precarious situation of migrant workers, who may lack adequate protection and support systems. Authorities are working to determine the cause of the crane, according to Bangkok Post --ASEAN NOW 2024-03-29
  17. Thai man warns locals about perverted ladyboy while fishing. at first I read "while fisting".
  18. I have never looked for such a product so have never seen it in a store, it probably exists. The fabric shops in Sampaeng market and also the little India area there should be some store selling something like this. You could order COD on Lazada and Shopee and pay cash when they deliver it to you.
  19. I said that I was correcting those who refuse to accept that Brexit has had a negative economic effect despite the ever increasing amount of evidence which suggests that it has. Maybe you should pay a bit more attention to what's actually written.
  20. Well. He might get a 5year Via now, without having to do 90 day reporting. And not have to sleep in a tent.
  21. idiots don't realize oppressing women is oppressing humankind's development. no wonder their greatest accomplishment is raising goats
  1. Load more activity