BANGKOK

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sorry, i'm looking at the pics, but i don't see it. I don't understand the fwd extension on the timing cover, as i can't see anything externally being driven from it. The rear extension to the timing cover could be a modified electric start ES timing cover driving a mag possibly? And even if it was a unit once, why? I'll have a look at their website later. Cheers.
  3. Ah, you're a prisoner who doesn't recognize the court.
  4. I appreciate all the replies. We visited Headstart, British International and then a small school called Buds International. We were really shocked that such a small school with half of the prices offer all the same prestation for much less money. So I wanted to get some feedback. Thanks for mentioning these schools. We are looking for a school where we can find quality education for our budget without having to waste the money. I think we are happy with Buds. Has anyone heard or been to Buds?
  5. I wonder what the US would think if China started protesting about the "wall" on the Mexican border.
  6. An interesting question, are you a member of a local cycling club who may be able to assist? You should probably look into getting a Carnet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATA_Carnet which ought to allow you to travel in and out of both Thailand and the US without issues. The Thai Customs website has the procedure (Thai language only that I can find) http://www.customs.go.th/cont_strc_simple.php?ini_content=business_160426_03_160909_02&lang=th&left_menu=menu_business_160421_03_160725_04
  7. Because rich Arab Muslim countries don't grant citizenship to Muslim refugees from other countries. They may let some in, let them work and live there, raise families there - but do not grant them or their families citizenship. They look after their own citizens, first, second and last.
  8. I don't think I'm wrong. Firstly, I read section 6 as saying ' anybody who ENTERS Thailand on a non-immigrant O-A Visa must buy health insurance that covers the length of stay in the KINGDOM - not for the length of validity of the visa. So, after entering with an O-A visa when getting an extension based on retirement you have continued your length of stay in the KINGDOM and could well be required to continue with the insurance until you physically exit Thailand, not when the O-A visa expires.
  9. Good luck to the OP; I will keep any eye on this thread. Does anyone know if there is any additional help (housing?) available to veterans in such circumstances?
  10. Those republicans must be pulling their hairs out that Pelosi and Schiff simply treat their request for votes as a nothing burger. They must be cursing themselves for their own shenanigans in 2015 and giving the Dems the power to ignore them. Karma is a bitch. Ouch.
  11. Why you need to stay in Thailand? Brothels are available in all countries. Sent from my Hi9plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  12. It seems most Thais (and not only Thais) "think" that kids grow up and they somehow become an adult. It seems most have no idea that when the kid grows up everything is important: the people, the food, the surrounding, the education, the friends, everything. Now try to explain that to the average Thai. Good luck! I think in Thailand there is mostly a clear pecking order. Who is in charge? And if you are not in charge then it's obviously someone else and that someone else decides. If you want to be in control then do what has to be done to get that control - not only about your daughter. And when you think you won't be able to be in charge then decide if that is how you want to live your life or else.
  13. Did mine last month. 10 hours practical (two hours of which were on the road) and just over half a day of theory before taking both practical and theory tests. My wife did hers a couple of weeks earlier. The practical test requires three things, 1) drive forward and reverse between a set of posts, 2) reverse park in parking bay, and 3) drive alongside the curb and stop (not exceeding 25 cm from the curb). Theory test is 50 questions and you must get at least 45 correct. Because some of the "correct" answers for the English test are actually wrong, I took the test in Thai. Basically, the test does not focus anywhere near enough on driving on the roads, etiquette, things to watch out for, etc. But I have my license now and bought a new car so at 56 I will start on the massive learning curve of driving a car on the dangerous roads of Thailand. BTW I have not driven a car since I was 18 (and failed my test in the UK).
  14. It gets even worse when one fires ones lawyers and says he can defend himself...
  15. The word of the day is "Competition." I used to fly Thai ... then tried Air Asia. 100% of my flights with them have cost less and left on time. Not a single delay or cancellation. Pretty simple to solve that riddle.
  16. Yeah, we know you and Tug hate Trump. This is a post about Turkey invading Syria to exterminate Kurds. And Putin's reaction. We know Trump dumped the Kurds, no need to repeat it like a parrot on every thread. Any intelligent comment to make on the OP?
  17. No the staying in another province for more than 24 hours is is under section 37 which is done with a TM28 form that is not enforced. The TM30 form is a report of your arrival at a residence under section 38 within 24 hours. The title of the TM30 report states this.
  18. Good morning I am on ED visa and my spouse is on Non Imm O visa. He will complete 90 days soon and will have to extend the visa. We have marriage certificate attested in our home country ( India). Do i need to get any other document from the Embassy here for the visa extension? Thanks in advance!
  19. High-speed train deal will be inked next week: PM By THE NATION Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Tuesday (October 15) that the signing of the contract for the high-speed train project connecting 3 airports will take place next Friday (Oct. 25) as scheduled. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1128792-pm-prayut-expects-contract-on-high-speed-train-linking-three-key-airports-to-be-signed-on-oct-25/?do=findComment&comment=14672784
  20. Then why don't the refugee's not go to Qatar where all citizens get 100.000 us$ a year from the government? Ones that work get a salary plus house on top of that.
  21. Thank you. As I don't bother to update my passbook when I make an ATM withdrawal/ Transferwise deposit it shows an amalgamated balance the next time I do do an update. I would have thought a 12 months statement from the bank showing every transaction would have bee more useful, but then that's just my logic.
  22. I am weighing elite visa also, for myself as a contingency IF the insurance requirement ever gets extended to extensions of stay on O visa and definitely for an elderly relative who may need to come stay with me in the not too distant future. I think if insurance is made a requirement for elite it would not be retroactive to already issued visas. Also, it might well just come under tourist entries (as elite is considered a type of tourist visa) and that is very, very unlikely to involve purchase of a local policy, more likely a scheme whereby tourists are all charged a flat small fee on entry and govt sets up a fund. If sure of intent to stay here for next 20 years and can afford it I think 20 year elite would be best option. Personally I would be wary of using Agent to circumvent requirements, no telling if or when that will be stopped and what sort of implications for people who used them. Also not yet clear if agents can help on the insurance front. OP it is not clear that insurance would not be required if you do an extension of stay after entry under an O-A visit. Interpretations differ on that. One TV member contacted TI info line (1178) and was told that if it is a first extension of stay it will come under the insurance requirement. Others think this is incorrect. You might like to ask your own Imm office and see what they understand to be the case.
  23. Can i ask what the solution was? Did you have to reapply or did they let it slide "this time"?
  1. Load more activity